Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next C&C?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If its true, time to re-purchase a DS maybe. God, I love Red Alert.

Didn't like Red Alert 2 at all but....eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Mneh, all the people at Westwood that made CnC special have long left EA.

Supreme Commander is the one I'm looking out for. If it's a smidgen as good as Total Annihilation then it'll keep me busy for many months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

Mneh, all the people at Westwood that made CnC special have long left EA.

Well there makin there own RTS called Empire at War, if it has that C&C charm then ill be happy, but i really dont want EA to mess this up- C&C has always been my favourite series especially Red Alert...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

C&C, Wing commander privateer and Doom are the 3 titles that i will always fondly remember and really started my love affairs with those genres. Doom3 was a disappointment overall (tho did enjoy it), WC: Privateer prob wont ever get a remake so i hope C&C tradition stays alive and well in RA3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

If the original staff leave then the series may as well be dead. It happened with Medal of Honor. All the staff left to do the Code of Duty games.

As much as I like Total Annihilation I was never looking forward to Phantagrams take on the sequel. Sod the brand. If Chris Taylor isn't involved it isn't a TA game.

Thank goodness he's working on Supreme Commander. CnC and Craft series are incredibly stagnant. RTS games have been incredibly limp since TA came out (Total War series excepted). They're all dull small scale tactical games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mauriceg

I've been reading a lot about the new Earth 2160 game - whats your views on that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Doom3 was a disappointment overall (tho did enjoy it)

yeah i felt the same about the game, although it had its bad points it was a cool experiance imo and id really did their best to make the game frightening.

Yeah i have high hopes for RA3. lets hope they bring back water units and have the game on the same grandiose scale that RA2 was at.
    Generals imo felt more like a skirmish game with no real grand battles... the person with the best "micro" inveriably won! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

Mauriceg wrote:
    I've been reading a lot about the new Earth 2160 game - whats your views on that?

It looks good but from the reviews i read they say its flawed, i guess it comes down to personal opinion on whether u like a game or not though. I mean ppl say generals is flawed but it still has a huge fan base...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I want a proper C&C FPS. Like BF2, only bigger and with the "Commander" role interface being your standard 3D RTS view.

Advertisement