Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Cable BB Now Available in 35% of Cork City ...allegedly

• 09-09-2005 1:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

I say allegedly because it was announced by Chorus , historically a company of gobsmacking awfulness , yesterday.

Basically Chorus are saying that they service (if you can call it a service rather than lottery) 60000 homes in Cork.

Of those 60000 they claim that they can supply Cable BB to 22000 or about 35% of households as and from today.

The base package is 1024/256 for €30 a month. Chorus BB does work as advertised unlike the TV service .

Areas covered now (allegedly)

Knocknaheeney, Blackpool, Farranree, Gurranabraher, Fairhill, Hollyhill, Sundays Well, Part of City Centre, Curraheen, Bishopstown, Southbury, Wilton, Fernwood, Togher, Glasheen, Victoria Cross and Ballyphehane

Areas to be covered by end 2005 (allegedly)

City Centre, Barrack Street, Glenheights, Ballyvolane, Silversprings, Mayfield, Ballinlough, Albert Road/Blackrock Road, Mahon, Skehard Road, Blackrock, Ballintemple, Grange and Donnybrook

All the rest by April 2006 (allegedly) and including:

St Lukes, The Glen, Montenotte, Douglas, Rochestown Road, Ballincollig and Glanmire.

The Press Release

http://www.chorus.ie/pdf/Launch%20of%20Cablenet%20in%20Cork.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I say allegedly because it was announced by Chorus , historically a company of gobsmacking awfulness , yesterday.

Basically Chorus are saying that they service (if you can call it a service rather than lottery) 60000 homes in Cork.

Of those 60000 they claim that they can supply Cable BB to 22000 or about 35% of households as and from today.

The base package is 1024/256 for €30 a month. Chorus BB does work as advertised unlike the TV service .

Areas covered now (allegedly)

Knocknaheeney, Blackpool, Farranree, Gurranabraher, Fairhill, Hollyhill, Sundays Well, Part of City Centre, Curraheen, Bishopstown, Southbury, Wilton, Fernwood, Togher, Glasheen, Victoria Cross and Ballyphehane

Areas to be covered by end 2005 (allegedly)

City Centre, Barrack Street, Glenheights, Ballyvolane, Silversprings, Mayfield, Ballinlough, Albert Road/Blackrock Road, Mahon, Skehard Road, Blackrock, Ballintemple, Grange and Donnybrook

All the rest by April 2006 (allegedly) and including:

St Lukes, The Glen, Montenotte, Douglas, Rochestown Road, Ballincollig and Glanmire.

The Press Release

http://www.chorus.ie/pdf/Launch%20of%20Cablenet%20in%20Cork.pdf

A company now owned by a much larger organisation that is known to provide broadband to millions.
    I am hoping this will come to Limerick soon so I can get rid of BT and my landline. VoIP all they way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They say that they can (allegedly) supply Cable BB in Naas .....for the past 4 months ...... is there any hard evidence that it exists out there anywhere ?

http://www.chorus.ie/pdf/Launch%20in%20Naas.pdf

I have no doubt it will be there eventually, even in Limerick, but this is Chorus FFS :( , they would have to plug it into my **** before I would believe them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

'bout time, it's been promised since the 90's ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Friend in Wilton has it a while and it is meant to be good. I live in Ballintemple and their cable is here, interfering with every damned electrical device around. Most of Ballintemple is serviced by a cable that was stuck back together with tape after someone cut the unburied cable when cutting the hedging. Go mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭shamalive

I really should have factored in BB availability when I bought my house.

I'm sick **** of all these announcements every other day.
    I live about 8 miles from Cork city, in a decent size village,
    and to be honest I don't think I'll have BB there for the next 10 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement