Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

re phychic school

• 09-09-2005 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hello , has anyone heard about the new phychic school opening in cork (don't think the city) if so do you have any details.. email or telephone number
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

No info on that place but i did find a psychic development course starting in tallaght 5 minutes from my house. If anyone is interested its €132 for 10 week course including a manual, registration this tuesday in Old Bawn School, classes every tuesday 8.30-9.30.

i hope it isnt against the rules putting up this info..... i dont work for the place.

IM me if anyone wants more info.

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scorptech

Hi,

This is my first post so be gentle with me!!

I am currently living in London but will be moving back over to Dublin in the
    next few weeks (after 17 years). I am currently a fledgling medium with a development circle http://www.circleofwhitelight.co.uk.

As usual, the UK tend to have spiritual churches and development circles in every location, but in Ireland it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I'm sure there are a large number of people who would like answers, help and guidance related to this subject matter. I will stress that I am not skilled enough (at present) to be a development leader, however, a meditation / spiritual development circle is the best place to start.

The one thing I like about being in a circle is that you are meeting like minded positive people and having fun (there is enough negative people in the world as it is). Also, mediatation is great for a relaxation, stress etc.

I am not, and have never been, a bible basher (just in case the skeptics are reading this). I am an IT professional who is also trained in psychology. I have travelled around the world and met some very interesting people.

I plan to invite over experienced mediums from the UK (which I know personally) to run workshops etc. If you are interested, visit the website and send me an email.

Regards

Scorptech

Scorptech, your post doesnt seem to be relevant to the topic - but that doesnt surprise me seeing as its a copy and paste from a post you made on another topic. If you want to tell everyone about yourself and about your experiences start a thread to introduce yourself but dont claim its your first post when we just have to look to the side bar to see that its not.

look forward to some posts about your experiences in the Uk and hope Ireland has somemore adventures in store for you.

6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Ozzy

Psychic school? Oh Jesus... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Frith

that was so useful... what are you doing in the paranormal forum if that's you're mind set

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Ozzy wrote:

If that's your attitude, then I'll have to kindly ask you to leave.

That seems to be his M.O. he goes around forums insulting people with "Playful" (childish) statements.... i think he thinks its clever.

Haha come on... relax folks. dublin6th, thanks, I didn't know I had a 'M.O.', glad you've cleared that up for me! You're right though, being childish is about as clever as using abbreviated Latin in a post ...Lighten up! :(

Sorry Frith, I honestly didn't mean to be insulting to you! I'm an open-minded person (more so than most in fact, I like to think). I just think that a school for psychics sounds ridiculous, a way to con people out of their money.

Somebody opening a 'school' to 'train' people to become 'psychics' would be a great way for somebody with a degree in psychology to make a nice little earner. Maybe I'm wrong though, if you do enroll I hope you get something out of it. Please let us know how it goes! :)

ok fair enough but i believe that we all have psychic abilities (some more than others of course... born naturals) and it is just a skill using a part of our brian we generally ignore... of course there are people to use all of this stuff to cheat people out of money but that's where you have to use some intelligence...
    have you ever heard of remote viewing... it was taught and used by the CIA during the cold war... there's also the silva mind method which is very effective.
    anyway each to their own

Ok, dublin6th, it's not my very first post but it was a late night (for me anyway).

I thought this thread would be more appropriate for my post for obvious reasons.

Development circles and spiritualist churches are either thin on the ground or non-existant. So, if anyone is interested in setting up a development circle, please let me know.

• Advertisement

Ozzy wrote:
    Haha come on... relax folks. dublin6th, thanks, I didn't know I had a 'M.O.', glad you've cleared that up for me! You're right though, being childish is about as clever as using abbreviated Latin in a post ...Lighten up! :(

Sorry Frith, I honestly didn't mean to be insulting to you! I'm an open-minded person (more so than most in fact, I like to think). I just think that a school for psychics sounds ridiculous, a way to con people out of their money.

Somebody opening a 'school' to 'train' people to become 'psychics' would be a great way for somebody with a degree in psychology to make a nice little earner. Maybe I'm wrong though, if you do enroll I hope you get something out of it. Please let us know how it goes! :)

That's cool if you're skeptical about it, I'm sure many are, but be careful how you word your comments here, as it tends to annoy people. I've not been to a psychic school myself as of yet, so I'm sitting on the fence over it..

Sure thing Kennett... I foresee myself showing more tact in future :)
    Frith wrote:
    ok fair enough but i believe that we all have psychic abilities (some more than others of course... born naturals) and it is just a skill using a part of our brian we generally ignore... of course there are people to use all of this stuff to cheat people out of money but that's where you have to use some intelligence...
    have you ever heard of remote viewing... it was taught and used by the CIA during the cold war... there's also the silva mind method which is very effective.
    anyway each to their own
    Don't get me wrong i'm open to the idea of extra-sensory perception, perhaps even class myself as something of a 'believer'. There's a lot of things we can't explain.

I know of CIA using Remote Viewing, though not much, i'll admit. This 'Silva Mind method' is a new term to me though, and from what I've just read it looks interesting. I'll have to read up on them a bit more now since you've piqued my interest

All these posts and no information for the guy. Give a number or something people!
    There's one opening in Galway if you like to travel! http://www.galwayadvertiser.ie/dws/story.tpl?inc=2005/08/11/news/20914.html

Ozzy wrote:
    Sure thing Kennett... I foresee myself showing more tact in future :)

Good stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

humm... :rolleyes:
    frith, its the first Ive heard of it, if you hear anymore let us know.
    scorptech, your posts are welcome in this forum.

thanks for that Ozzy... could be interesting..Scotland has loads of psychics and mediums... some claim the celts are naturals but here in Ireland the church had such a strong hold over the people and they are so anti anything to do with the Spiritualist Movement..(i think cos it gives control back to the people).anyway don't get me started on that subject. i travel to Stansted to do courses.. it's easier (and as cheap) to get there. I also sit in a development group here but would be interested in anything else happening locally. You should look into the silva method... i found it great but where i fall down badly is i don't practice enough.....

by the way i'm not a guy:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ozzy wrote:

I found that terribly amusing. You mentioned the name of the being who is God made flesh in the same sentence as mocking someone elses spiritual beliefs...

Ah not again! Sorry lovely Ms.Frith.. So much for showing tact :o
    Zillah wrote:
    I found that terribly amusing. You mentioned the name of the being who is God made flesh in the same sentence as mocking someone elses spiritual beliefs...
    Glad I've had a positive effect Zillah. Although let's be clear I never meant to mock anyone's spiritual beliefs! I wouldn't mock what a person believes in... unless you're a Satanist.
    Them Satanists really get my goat :D

dublin6th wrote:
    Scorptech, your post doesnt seem to be relevant to the topic......

Ok that was a bit off of me .... sorry Al!
    dublin6th wrote:
    That seems to be his M.O. he goes around forums insulting people with "Playful" (childish) statements.... i think he thinks its clever.

...And again ..... how stuffy and grumpy do i come across?? .... Sorry Oz, but you got to admit you do like make clever little remarks, but still i was a bit harse... my bad.

And Solas thanks for not beating me for being mean ... i dont look forward to the day you repremand me!

6th

Originally Posted by dublin6th

No Problem.

We all have the ability to be psychic and like a martial art, we need to
    be trained. I am currently in a development circle and have to say that
    my ability has improved even after a few months.

must have something to do with the full moon, I know how you sesntive types can get ;)
    fortunately for ozzy I gave him the benefit of the excuse too..(I just wasn't in stick whacking humour.)

• Advertisement

scorptech wrote:
    We all have the ability to be psychic and like a martial art, we need to
    be trained. I am currently in a development circle and have to say that
    my ability has improved even after a few months.

Improved how?

Zillah wrote:
    Improved how?

Further training and exercising of the abilities, or at least that's what I think. Note that for the investigation, there are a few sensitives in the group, though in my case, my gift works randomly, even though I have a lot of raw power.

I ask the question because he says its "improved", which would imply that hes had some sort of measurable increase. I'd like to know in what way it has improved, if he now has access to powers he previously didn't etc.

Originally Posted by Zillah
    Improved how?

My accuracy has improved when doing readings for other circle members, also, my spirit guide makes himself aware by touching my face, very lightly (it's a bit like walking into a spiders web). It makes you want to scratch it!! :). This never happened when I originally started.

This happens to a few people in the circle (some have only just started so it will take time for them to develop). We meditate first to raise our vibration as the spirit world's vibration is very fast. They in turn lower their vibration which makes it easier to communicate.

If you haven't been to a development circle, I would recommend it.

Zillah wrote:
    I ask the question because he says its "improved", which would imply that hes had some sort of measurable increase. I'd like to know in what way it has improved, if he now has access to powers he previously didn't etc.

Sorry about that, I totally misread what you meant by "improved"... lol

scorptech wrote:

I was considering it, if only to learn more about myself and what I am... I'm aware there's some in the Essex & London areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 My Cat

everyone has their beliefs and all should be respected, including those who wonder if a psychic school which charges money could be a rip off. Its always wise to go in with your eyes wide open as the paranormal has gotten very trendy in recent years and there will be sharks around to take money. just my 2 cent on the issue.

Originally Posted by My Cat
    if a psychic school which charges money could be a rip off.

I agree with My Cat. there are schools and mediums which charge you a lot of money.

Fortunately, I attend a Circle in a spiritualist Church once a week. They only charge £2 for each member per week to cover electricity etc. Also, a real medium should not charge you more than £20. Any more than this and you have to ask questions, however, if your not happy with your reading, tell them. They should not charge you.

I plan to setup a development circle when I move back over to Dublin shortly.

dublin6th wrote:
    ...And again ..... how stuffy and grumpy do i come across?? .... Sorry Oz, but you got to admit you do like make clever little remarks, but still i was a bit harse... my bad.

And Solas thanks for not beating me for being mean ... i dont look forward to the day you repremand me!
    6th
    You're okay with me buddy :)

Good post My Cat! Kudos to Solas as well for not whacking people, that's good moderating.

scorptech wrote:
    My accuracy has improved when doing readings for other circle members, also, my spirit guide makes himself aware by touching my face, very lightly (it's a bit like walking into a spiders web). It makes you want to scratch it!! . This never happened when I originally started.

This happens to a few people in the circle (some have only just started so it will take time for them to develop). We meditate first to raise our vibration as the spirit world's vibration is very fast. They in turn lower their vibration which makes it easier to communicate.

Interesting stuff scorptech, I'd love to know a bit more! What happens exactly when you communicate with spirits, how does the spirit go about communicating? How long have you been a member of your development circle and why did you join?

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Ozzy
    Interesting stuff scorptech, I'd love to know a bit more! What happens exactly when you communicate with spirits, how does the spirit go about communicating? How long have you been a member of your development circle and why did you join?[/I]

As I am going through the learning process and doing a reading (I tend to practice using Psychomatry) I only receive images. Over time and practice, this develops into more detail. Because your imagination is very strong, you have to filter out what spirit gives you and what your imagination tries to give you. Generally, the first thing you get is spirit, the second tends to be your imagination. It's very hard to explain everything here, but we are producing a DVD called "A Guide To Spiritualism" which explains how things work (communication can be achieved by using the five clairs). This will be available soon.

I've been a member for about 5 months now. It's actually nice to meet up with a group of people who are positive and have a good laugh (nobody said that spiritualism should be serious). Negative energy is no good in a development circle.

After studying the New World Order and Illuminati for nearly 5 years, it can be easy to get negative about things, so to cut a long story short, I joined the circle to do something about it. My previous posts have a link to our development circle website, so if you go down the list you will find the link. We have an FAQ which might answer a lot of your questions. My own "OPen Your Mind" website is on the links page.

Hope this helps.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This thread got interesting while I was awol. Good posts people, and nice to see no flaming/beating with sticks ;) . Scorptech, what you describe sounds very like how it works for me. I find you cant 'push' for anything, the more you do the more your imagination fills in the gaps. The best info I get comes when Im not looking for it, or am doing something completely different :confused:
    Never been in a development group, due to living in the sticks, but will take all opportunities to meet up with people 'like us'. Unfortunately Im 'indisposed' for the next few months... :D

Originally Posted by KatieK
    I find you cant 'push' for anything, the more you do the more your imagination fills in the gaps. The best info I get comes when Im not looking for it, or am doing something completely different

You should be an observer and let it flow, rather than trying to force it.

It would be good to met up and discuss this topic in more detail. I've just been with a medium tonight discussing all kinds of topics (not getting a reading). What I have found living over in the UK, is that more and more people are looking for a answer to the bigger picture and tend to get the answers they need from spiritualism.

I would like to get a database together or something like a spiritualist group where we could met up, say, once a quarter (depending on where everyone lives). I already have a few contacts in Ireland which I will be linking up with when I move over. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

scorptech wrote:
    You should be an observer and let it flow, rather than trying to force it.

It would be good to met up and discuss this topic in more detail. I've just been with a medium tonight discussing all kinds of topics (not getting a reading). What I have found living over in the UK, is that more and more people are looking for a answer to the bigger picture and tend to get the answers they need from spiritualism.

I would like to get a database together or something like a spiritualist group where we could met up, say, once a quarter (depending on where everyone lives). I already have a few contacts in Ireland which I will be linking up with when I move over. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

hello again,

this is for scorptech..

as i said before i sit in a developement group but am always looking for new things ... i really feel the more activities you expose yousrself to the better... as long as you still use your intelligence (sp) and be true to what you feel not what someone else is telling you. So if you do set something up please let me know...would be willing to travel... email ms1502@eircom.net

Originally Posted by Frith
    as long as you still use your intelligence (sp) and be true to what you feel not what someone else is telling you. So if you do set something up please let me know...would be willing to travel... email ms1502@eircom.net

Hi Frith, I totally agree with your comments. The one thing about spiritualism is that you have to be true to what you feel. When this starts to change then it's time to give up. Unfortunately there is a lot a spiritual jealousy around which I was surprised to see when I first got involved.

If you get a group or circle together, everything that we do MUST be done in light and love. All attitudes that are negative, materialistic etc have to be left at the door!!

The plan will be (eventually) to put together a mailing list/database and setup a met with like minded people. I think there are a lot of people interested in spiritualism in Ireland (and moving away from the church), but don't know where to turn.

Frith, I would like to know about your development circle i.e. what you cover, location etc.

Unfortunately there is a lot a spiritual jealousy around which I was surprised to see when I first got involved.
    this is probably the main reason why I'm not involved with such learning. I went into this arena quite innocent and naive and walked away pretty disillusioned with the whole thing. They generally referenced my catholic upbringing and mandatory guilt complex as being responsible for not being able to settle with it but in all fairness I just don't like egotistical, selfish, self absorbed people. :/
    I generally keep away from all forms of mediumship and psychic development now, there are a lot of guru's out there who often unknowingly lead people astray and it can be dangerous game to play, mentally, emotionally and psychologically.
    funnily enough I ended up moving back towards the church after my experiences with spiritualism..

[edit]naturaly, as mod of this forum... I'm still very openinded about life and all its mysteries, I'm not about to start telling people how it is or how it should be, just those wishing to get involved should know they do so at their own risk.

just my two euro cent.

• Advertisement

The first thing I was ever told when trying to figure out what was happening to me was dont let anyone 'teach' you anything. (Ive probably said that before) But meeting with others who are on the same road is something I really want to do.
    Yes, mediumship and psychic ability does have a tendency to make you feel like 'I can do something you cant do' and you can get wrapped up in your own self importance! Telling people deep and hidden things about themselves is a very egotisitcal thing to do. So you have to keep your feet on the ground or you become like the tv showoffs we all complain about. :rolleyes: Im discovering that this path Im on is more about developing myself spiritually and becoming more compassionate rather than being able to read minds or divine tarot.

Originally Posted by SOLAS
    I generally keep away from all forms of mediumship and psychic development now, there are a lot of guru's out there who often unknowingly lead people astray and it can be dangerous game to play, mentally, emotionally and psychologically.

If you are the type of person that is easily lead, weak willed, negative or lack common sense, then I do not recommend joining a circle. A circle leader is there to help guide fledgling mediums, but if you disagree with what he says, you should question it. Common sense has to come into play and if you find your not happy in the development circle, then join another one.

Development circle members should learn from each other as well as from the circle leader. All attitudes, ego’s etc should be left at the door. If you decide to join a circle for selfish egotisitcal reasons, spirit will know this and chances are you will not develop. If there are people like this in a development circle, they should be asked to leave. This is not what spiritualism is about.

You should only join a circle in love and light and stay true to yourself. I was given good advice from a medium – he said that once you understand the basics, it is up to you and spirit to workout between you how to communicate with each other that works. There are no hard and fast rules. You will find your own way, and if your not sure, don’t be afraid to ask questions.

However, you still need a circle leader to GUIDE you in the basics before you go off on your own.

if you disagree with what he says, you should question it.
    ya I did..thats why I'm no longer welcome within that particular group. The leaders can be very demanding and controlling.
    example:"If you decide to join a circle for selfish egotisitcal reasons, spirit will know this and chances are you will not develop."
    ? did your teacher tell you this, or are you just wanting to imprint your own version of truth on people here?

Anyone I have met who has interest in joining a circle has wanted to do so in order to find understanding of experiences that they may have had and people of like mind to share them with.
    All attitudes, ego’s etc should be left at the door.
    If I had a cent for everytime I heard that one..
    However, you still need a circle leader to GUIDE you in the basics before you go off on your own.
    I'm leary of this attitude. I have found experience to be the best teacher, most of the time we are just trying to learn to trust our own selves and initially thats what circles were designed for. Althugh no as official churches ther are self appointed leaders who prefer that we put our trust in them and as history has already shown, thats the easiest way to fall off our own paths.

I'm just saying spiritualist circles are not all they make themselves out to be. This group here is as close to a circle as I wish to get. I am with people of like mind where we can share our findings, experiences and discuss in an appropriate fashion and there isn't anybody forcing their version of the truth on anybody else. Nice and safe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Never having been involved in a development circle, my opinion is more of a guess really, but I too think that a 'leader' is a bad idea. Whether deliberatly/conciously or not there will always be people who will submit to a 'leader' figure, in any form of disagreement involving a group leader, many will automatically assume the leader is correct, or at least give extra weighting to their side. Naturally there will always be those in a group who are more experienced/knowledgeable but I can see no reason they can't share their knowledge/experience on an equal footing with others. Of course, it's probably a good idea to have someone impose some form of structure, but this could be handled by a chairperson of the group, which could rotate every now and then or something like that.

scorptech, I don't mean to come across as demeaning but I do have a responsibility here at this forum too and while I'm probably allowing my own personal experiences to dictate at the minute (apologies) I just wouldn't like to see others have to go through any kind of turmoil on such a deep psychological level.

There is btw a spirituality forum here, where things of a less paranormal nature are discussed in a more lighthearted manner. (nature of spirit and beliefs etc) This forum remains as an open forum, to both sides of the coin and your input is still welcomed, from either perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

scorptech wrote:
    Actually, I'm pretty interested in this statement. When you mention 'basics' you imply, to my mind at least, that there's more complex stuff to follow, or more importantly that there's a beginning and, if not exactly an ending then a path to follow. More specifically, the whole statement is implying that there is a specific path with a specific beginning, and that this beginning and path should be shown to newcomers by somebody further along it. Would this be a fair characterisation of what you think a development group should be ?

If were talking technique here, fair dues, if you have a way of working that you think is useful to pass on, I think that might be ok? But if your talking belief systems being led is a bit of a no-no.

Reply to Solas, KatieK and Stevenmu

Solas, I don't want to get deep into psychology, but there is such a thing as medium worship (I was discussing this with a medium last night who has this problem with two of his "clients").

Stevenmu - I compare spiritualism to a martial art - You need to train properly. You will not get a black belt within two weeks of joining (a lot of people get impatient and think the ability happens over night). There is no end to training as spiritualism is a journey without a destination. Some mediums, even after doing readings for years, are still learning.

Katiek - Like a martial art, you can buy a book and study it, but we all know that going to a martial arts class and being thought by a black belt is going to be better all round. And like in martial arts, if the teacher tells you to do something that you disagree with, then you ask him to explain. If your not happy with the answer or situation, then find another circle. A development circle is not like the army!! :)

The basics involve the understanding of how the spirit world works, how to protect yourself spiritually (like in this world, there are also bad entities in the spirit world) and, if required, how to meditate. Meditation helps you higher your vibration to communicate with spirit.

As I said in my last posting, once you learn the basics, than you can development your own method to communicate with spirit. The basics should be taught to every fledgling medium since the last thing you want is to have bad energies or bad spirits in your house (I've heard of a number of fledglings not protecting themsleves and having to have the development circle come around and do a spiritual clearance).

A good circle leader will never teach you, but only guide you as he/she will only have your best interested at heart.

Like buying a car, it gets you from A to B. What you have to decide is want car you want to get you from A to B. A circle Leader will show you all the different ways you can communicate with spirit, then you pick the one that works for you.

Solas, I don't want to get deep into psychology, but there is such a thing as medium worship (I was discussing this with a medium last night who has this problem with two of his "clients").
    I agree, there is a problem with medium worship which is why I'm cautious of anybody making claims to teach in their ways.

Actually Scorptech i think a martial art is too rigid a practise to be a good comparison.

I see it more as an art (which it is) like painting or sculpture, there are people who are naturally gifted and with training and guidance can improve techniques but not "improve' the actual gift, that is something that cant be thought by anyone, but come with times and self development.

Another similarity between the two is the snobbery, having been on both my spiritual path and artistic path for roughly the same amount of time, i have noticed that in both circles there are those who believe that only those of a certain standard should practice. Day after day of art college i heard belittling comments made of "sunday painters" the type of person (usually in their later years) who would go to the likes of howth and paint landscapes as a hobbie, just for the love and fun of it, to me these are the people who have the right idea about real art.

Ok so i'm going off on a tangent here but i just thought i'd "share with the group" lol
    I just hate people like some of these group leaders i have met who beleive they can show us the way ... saying that i have just found out that the "Psychic development course" i signed up to has been cancelled coz it only got 4 people!!!!

So if anyone knows of other course like this let me know.

6th

SOLAS - I agree, there is a problem with medium worship which is why I'm cautious of anybody making claims to teach in their ways.

I don't know whether you have been involved in a development circle, but I been involved in a development circle for about 5 months now. However, I still make up my own mind on what I do and ask other circles and mediums what they do. You will always have bad apples in every area of society, even in spiritualism. So keep an open mind and ask other mediums, read books etc and decide for yourself. My circle leader is coming around to my house tomorrow to work on our new DVD "A Guide To Spiritualism". We have talked to a number of mediums to make sure that the content is accurate and generalised. This means that most, if not all development circles and mediums will be able to relate to the information. There are basics which all mediums agree on, after that you decide what path you take.

Aunty Doris says HI.

Dublin6th - i think a martial art is too rigid a practise to be a good comparison.

I agree, maybe a martial art is to rigid as an analogy, but I’m sure you get the point I’m trying to make. Once your shown the basics, then it's up to you to develop your own style (so to speak). Spiritual jealousy is normal, but this is human nature, nothing to do with the spirits. This is why I say that it is important to stay true to yourself and what you want to achieve. People are always going to be jealous or feel that their way is better than someone elses. Make up your own mind.

I'd be happy if I had a circle of 4 to start off with (was there a financial reason why 4 people was not enough?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

solas wrote:
    Aunty Doris says HI.

ROLF

really the tradtional chant is 'Are you there auntie Ethel' or come in Auntie Ethel.

Honestly you know what they say, if you meet Budah on that path kill him.

uncle albert..auntie ethel..who can tell?

For the record, it's not that I don't believe in spirit or deny that we have untapped potential within all of us just waiting to be unleashed, moreso to the point I would like to see people embrace their own spirituality or learn to be more open, more understanding of themselves and compassionate towards society as much as the next person.

I also know there are a few fledgling mediums here at this forum also who no doubt are interested in personal development and I wouldn't stand in anyones way of doing so, I just figure there is more than one way to go about it. Mediumship and spirituality don't neccessarily go hand in hand and at times I liken it to a drug, it has an addictive quality, is something you can get sucked into very easily and can lead to unhealthy states of mind.

On the other hand, spirituality is something that can be quite beneficial, be it through prayer, meditation, yoga or just walking in the park, sharing with a group of friends and learning to trust ourselves on a deeper level..ye I'm all for that.
    Thats why we opened the spirituality forum, and any advice or suggestions or just natter on these topics are very welcome there.

peace

• Advertisement
Advertisement