Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

re phychic school

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scorptech

SOLAS - I liken it to a drug, it has an addictive quality, is something you can get sucked into very easily and can lead to unhealthy states of mind.

Solas, I'm not sure how old you are, but I am at the age where I know what I like and what I don't like. I do not suffer fools gladly and tell people straight if they are taking the P***S!! My professional background and management experience has taught me a lot about dealing with various personalities. To say that it is something that you can get sucked into sounds to me like you had a bad experience or know someone who had a bad experience, otherwise how would you know that this is possible.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I agree that some people are susceptible and that is why I said earlier in my post that weak willed, easy lead, depressed people should not join a circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

Solas, I'm not sure how old you are, but I am at the age where I know what I like and what I don't like. I do not suffer fools gladly and tell people straight if they are taking the P***S!! My professional background and management experience has taught me a lot about dealing with various personalities. To say that it is something that you can get sucked into sounds to me like you had a bad experience or know someone who had a bad experience, otherwise how would you know that this is possible.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I agree that some people are susceptible and that is why I said earlier in my post that weak willed, easy lead, depressed people should not join a circle.

I'll be thirty next week and I expect presents.
    Ditto on fools, I don't particulalry care if you care for my opinion or not, it is as it stands, I've had more than one bad experience and I've been involved in this field for almost seven years.
    But even your last line is a particularly mediumistic thing to say, I didn't have good experiences so it must be my fault for being either weak willed, easily led or depressed.

I can assure you while no person is 100% secure with themselves (outside of the illusion that we are) I was none of these things, although I wouldn't expect you to suggest anything less and very good at suggestion you are too, wonderful medium quality.
    I can see you have your methods of control down to a tee.

[edit]you can continue to discuss the topic of spiritualism over at the spirituality forum.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

solas wrote:
    Mediumship and spirituality don't neccessarily go hand in hand and at times I liken it to a drug, it has an addictive quality, is something you can get sucked into very easily and can lead to unhealthy states of mind.
    Couldnt agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Hi 6th:
    In 1984 I founded a research institute of parapsychology and metaphysics, to practice and teach the "Psychic Sciences". I view these talents in a similar way as yourself. These are natural abilities, we all possess some form of psychic talent which we can develop to use for personal or professional reasons. Some are born with more natural abilities than others.Like music or art, anyone can produce a drawing or learn a tune. But with a good teacher anyone can at least learn more techniques etc to make the most of their particular skills.Unfortunately like every field ther are chancers and people who make extravagant claims. Unfortunately people who consult mediums are always vulnerable, and many people calling themselves spiritualists are completely conning gullible people out of money.( you only have to watch TV "mediums" in action to confirm this. So yes, it is possible to improve your psychic skills through learning and practice. Each person is different. Some prefer learning through personal research and experimentation while others need a teacher and like working with a group. What matters is your motive for developing these talents.And "When the is ready, the teacher will appear".
    BB.Mysteria

SOLAS - I can see you have your methods of control down to a tee.

Well I'm sorry to hear that you had bad experiences with spiritualism. It is very hard to know what is the right way or wrong way when you are new to it.

Fortunately there is the other side of the coin, meaning that there are people (like me) who have joined a group with good intentions and guidance, as opposed to "teaching" me spiritualism. I to, would also be skeptic if I had a bad experience, but this is human nature.

Do I have my methods down to a tee?, well I've only been doing spiritualism for about 5 months and have attended a number of functions, fledgling nights etc and have come across some people who I would not trust my child with, but this happens in all areas of society. I know it's a bit of a shock to some people that there are actually positive good natured people in the world who just want to help and share their experiences.

Sometimes when walking through life we miss the dog s**t and other times we walk straight into it, that's life. It's how you deal and learn from the experience that's important.

we've started a discussion over at the spirituality forum if your interested scorptech.
    This forum has primarily acted as a venue to examine question and explore the substance of the paranormal, there are no cut and dry beliefs here, as anyone familiar with the forum will tell you. (which is why we voted for a more open environment, and got spirituality :) )
    It is very hard to know what is the right way or wrong way when you are new to it.
    while I understand where your statement is comming from, especially if I apply it in relation to a new user at a new forum, when it comes down to knowing and trusting yourself there are so many people only too willing to tell us how it should or shouldn't be. Perhaps if we didn't have so much interference we might realise that we do instinctivly know, what is right and what is wrong.

I'm sure that topic alone could make for a healthy discussion, and I look forward to talking more about it in a safer environment.

SOLAS - there are so many people only too willing to tell us how it should or shouldn't be.

I'll pop over to the spiritual forum and have a read there, but I will say that I would never "tell people how it should be". If I'm asked, I let people know my experiences and what works for me. Who am I to tell people whats right or wrong. My experience is just one of many, but the more experiences you find out about, the more options you have to choose from.

It's when people are not open to other peoples experiences and are set in their ways, that's ignorance. I always keep an open mind with everything as there are things that we do not understand. Some people prefer to debunk rather than admit that they know nothing about a subject - human nature again.

Onwards and upwards to the spiritual forum.................

I'll pop over to the spiritual forum and have a read there, but I will say that I would never "tell people how it should be". If I'm asked
    well..at boards there would be few people who would let you :)
    really..I was moreso referring to the kind of spiritualism I had been familiar with. There are a lot of mediums who need a good arse kicking but genuinely, if you have found something which works for you stick with it and don't let others tell you how it shoud be..like I'm doing now. :)
    It's when people are not open to other peoples experiences and are set in their ways, that's ignorance.
    welcome to boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hi Mysteria, great to have you on boards.
    Yeah you do seem to think the way i do in relation to gifts and abilities, i think its alot more of a relaxed and natural view than some i have read about.
    Are your group based in Ireland? i'm thinking they're not as there is a lack of good groups in Ireland, the more there are and the more they communicate the bigger and better the network gets, and the more widely known and accepted research and investigation into the paranormal becomes.

Anyway its nice to have a view shared, and to hear it voiced so well.

6th :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement