Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chose your Xbox360 backwards compatible games

Options
  • 09-09-2005 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭

Microsoft are fishing to see what Xbox games should be made compatible with Xbox360. They're doing this with a poll on 1Up.com.
    For those that don't know, for an Xbox game to work on the 360, Microsoft have to do some jiggery pokery for the backwards compatibility to work.

http://xbox360poll.1up.com/

You can pick five different games and they take down the poll at midnight Tuesday 9/13.

Glad to see some of the niche titles there and doing well. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

good to see Crimson Skies is at least in the running, I'm disgusted that it isn't a no-brainer though!
    Wierd tactic by MS, but maybe part of their ongoing attempts to regain their credibility amongst gamers, which has been shattered by the MTV launch and Core System model.
    A nice Publicity stunt would be to announce that they decided to disregard the votes and just make all listed playable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

flogen wrote:
    good to see Crimson Skies is at least in the running, I'm disgusted that it isn't a no-brainer though!
    Wierd tactic by MS, but maybe part of their ongoing attempts to regain their credibility amongst gamers, which has been shattered by the MTV launch and Core System model.
    A nice Publicity stunt would be to announce that they decided to disregard the votes and just make all listed playable!

so Im confused, the 360 will have limited backwards compabality, or none at all if you go for the 360 option without a HD?, does that sound messed up to anyone?, also whats with the price of peripherals, a 20gig HD for 100 dollars, thats taking the piss.

Shouldent they be trying to make it attractive to buy a 360 rather then wait for a PS3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

no ninja gaiden or battle engine aquila :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

"As you'd expect, they've already baked-in all the no-brainer Xbox games that will work on 360 (e.g., Halo 1 and 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Fable, etc.)"

More than likely(well 99.9999% chance i'd say ;) ) Ninja Gaiden would be in the list of no-brainer games

Gizzard wrote:
    so Im confused, the 360 will have limited backwards compabality, or none at all if you go for the 360 option without a HD?, does that sound messed up to anyone?, also whats with the price of peripherals, a 20gig HD for 100 dollars, thats taking the piss.

Shouldent they be trying to make it attractive to buy a 360 rather then wait for a PS3

The price of the HDD is encouraging people to just get one with their console instead, the core system is just for people who want and xbox 360 but dont want to spend that much.
    As for the backwards compat, yes, it's messed up, actually it's better described as a mess up by MS. They obviously underestimated the function at a ground level and now have to work their way around a complex and messy after thought. Hopefully enough games will be on the HDD out of the box that it won't have too much of an effect, but that's wishful thinking perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 The Truth!

"As you'd expect, they've already baked-in all the no-brainer Xbox games that will work on 360 (e.g., Halo 1 and 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Fable, etc.)"

More than likely(well 99.9999% chance i'd say ;) ) Ninja Gaiden would be in the list of no-brainer games

Jeez if thats de way then my hopes for the 360 are slowly gaining speed of a down the toilet romp! especially if they say that great games like Panzer Dragoon Orta aren't compatible. I was defending Microsoft in my mind, trying to give reasons for their madness, but there's only so much patience one can have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

TBH, How much was made of the PS2's backwards compatibility with the PS, a hell of alot considering I never played a PS game on the PS2 when I got it. I can't really see myself itching for a go of Halo 2 when Halo 3 is out next year.

I'll still be playing Halo 2 online, there's still a big gap until Halo 3 comes out (at least 6 months I'd say), and I've given up hope of a Crimson Skies sequal, but I love that game!

I find it odd that Half Life 2 is on the list, given that it's not even out, Surely any new release would be capable of including the software needed on the disc so emulating it on the HDD wouldn't be needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I think they said a few months ago that any new games coming out would definitely work. Or maybe they just meant big selling games.

If ppl want to play games not compatible with it sure they can use their xbox, by the time the 360 is out, it wont be worth selling the old xbox. And by after xmas, most ppl probably wont even touch their old xbox games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thank god panzer dragoon orta has a very high percentage. There really aren't enough people who have played that game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

It's not as hard as MS are bull****ting anyway, you can get an Xbox emulator for PC that plays the majority of games out there, so why are they pretending it's difficult playing Xbox games on the new 360, sounds like they can't be arsed or something! ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

In fairness MS are going completely out of their way to facilitate backwards compatibility - completely new architecture of hardware and as someone said it will be a small minority are going to want it once 360 games are out and look and play (hopefully) better than even the best of the xbox. Halo 2 being the only major one because of live - but the likes of gears of war could change that within a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Laguna wrote:
    It's not as hard as MS are bull****ting anyway, you can get an Xbox emulator for PC that plays the majority of games out there, so why are they pretending it's difficult playing Xbox games on the new 360, sounds like they can't be arsed or something! ;)
    Link?

I've yet to see a good Xbox emulator.

Advertisement