Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God of War - Worth €55?

Options
  • 09-09-2005 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get a new game that'll keep me occupied for a good while (with the prices of games now, when I buy one, I want it to last a while).

I've heard alot about God of War and was wondering if people thought its worth the €55 asking price or does anyone know where I could pick up a cheap copy quickly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yes its worth it.

I bought 2 games this year that were worth it BF2 and God of War.

Even when you get to the bored stage in God of War (usually when you stuck) just rip anything that gets in your way to shreds.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You can get it for about €37.90 from CDWow using the 20% discount script discussed in the Bargain Alerts forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Yes, yes it most definitly is

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes, it's worth it. Fantastic game probably the best this year other than Resi 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

No game is worth that much money. Shop around loike and ignore the fanbois :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Praetorian wrote:
    No game is worth that much money. Shop around loike and ignore the fanbois :)

Have you played God Of war?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

thought it was good, but not this "instant classic" stuff i've been hearing. and a movie? wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just ordered it on CDWow for 37 euro. Decided feck it, I'd only spend the money on drink and perhaps this might give me something to do on the long, rainy winter nights (if today is anything to go by, we're in for a few).

On the subject of games being overpriced, all games are. I usually pick mine up in places like Currys that always sell them off for a fiver (picked up Max Payne 2 and XIII a while back) so I suppose its about time I bought a fully priced game. This is the first I've bought since Pro Evolution 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Lemlin wrote:
    Just ordered it on CDWow for 37 euro. Decided feck it, I'd only spend the money on drink and perhaps this might give me something to do on the long, rainy winter nights (if today is anything to go by, we're in for a few).

On the subject of games being overpriced, all games are. I usually pick mine up in places like Currys that always sell them off for a fiver (picked up Max Payne 2 and XIII a while back) so I suppose its about time I bought a fully priced game. This is the first I've bought since Pro Evolution 4.

well if your goging to buy one full priced game for the PS2 this year you made the right choice.. this and RE4 PS2 (when it comes out) are must buys this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shanery

Got it for 40 second hand in smyths, maybe check there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

RE4 on the ps2... ewwww :o iv'e already decided i prefer the gamecube version :o

Advertisement