Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford united

• 09-09-2005 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

oh no tonight could be waterford uniteds last game oh no

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

pp_me129 wrote:
    oh no tonight could be waterford uniteds last game oh no

explain ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

i dont know heard on radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

????????// fill us in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

It's something to do with Nostrodamous, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

sounds a load of bóllócks to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

How derek macarty getting on?

ok now i know after going to match score 2-2 what happened was if they didnt get enough money tonight they didnt have enough to run next weeks game

that well show you how much money we have

luckily we got a full crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

pp_me129 wrote:
    ok now i know after going to match score 2-2 what happened was if they didnt get enough money tonight they didnt have enough to run next weeks game

that well show you how much money we have

luckily we got a full crowd

Surely if its come that close its just a matter of delaying the inevitable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stekelly wrote:
    Surely if its come that close its just a matter of delaying the inevitable?

Oddly out of the 30odd clubs across Europe that have said that in the last 10 years only one, a scottish club has actually bitten the dust and ceased to exist(but the fans did form a team with their name).

Very odd for all the doom and gloom protrayed across Europe only one club has died but technically just reborn in another league.

Football eh?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Though it does seem fairly certain that if the Blahs get relegated this season, they will drop out of the eL altogether.

Hope to Christ that dont happen. Good result for them tonight, at leat they have arrested the slide for one week at least, while at the same time holding Harps down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

And it all is because of the RSC.

The worst ground for atmosphere in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Belfield?

RSC is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

RSC is a far, far worse ground than Belfield.

I know you have the Olympic stadiums used as soccer grounds in Italy and Germany, but can you see the Hammer/Discus throwing circle behind any of the goals.

Becuase you can in the RSC :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Waterford will be ok, Limerick have had so so many problems in the last few years
    money wise but always seem to bounce back.

Anyway best of luck to Waterford but theres only 1 team in Munster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Paul McGrath must be on savage money to have bankrupted them. Spose it was the bar tab :)

is he still with them?

No he's gone.

I think he did a good job while he was there.

And it all is because of the RSC.

The worst ground for atmosphere in the league.

Explain plz

pp_me129 wrote:
    Explain plz

he really doesnt have too , lets be honest if you were ever there watching a match you would understand , the fans are too far away to create a athmosphere

• Advertisement

I have been there many times about 20

pp_me129 wrote:
    I have been there many times about 20

then back your argument up please ive seen waterford many times and not once did i fing a athmosphere at there home games even from the away fans there pitch puts a downer on things ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sarge wrote:
    then back your argument up please ive seen waterford many times and not once did i fing a athmosphere at there home games even from the away fans there pitch puts a downer on things ,

I totally agree. Its a shocking place atmosphere wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

KevIRL wrote:
    I totally agree. Its a shocking place atmosphere wise.

I went to the 2-2 draw not for the football really but because they really needed the money..

But in fairness.. It was such a BAD display of football, I can see why people dont want to watch it. The players looked unfit, lazy even, no closing down the opposition, bad passing, bad ball control, no running off the ball etc.

The mascot did show some smashin pace coming off the pitch though. Id have stuck him on the wing.

Im not sure its fair to ask people to pay €15 to watch that tripe! I wish Id handed in the 30 quid and gone for a walk.

Trotter wrote:
    I went to the 2-2 draw not for the football really but because they really needed the money..

But in fairness.. It was such a BAD display of football, I can see why people dont want to watch it. The players looked unfit, lazy even, no closing down the opposition, bad passing, bad ball control, no running off the ball etc.

The mascot did show some smashin pace coming off the pitch though. Id have stuck him on the wing.

Im not sure its fair to ask people to pay €15 to watch that tripe! I wish Id handed in the 30 quid and gone for a walk.

Waterford were not to bad at stages but others they were donkeys

I blame the RSC, but the people of Waterford didnt get behinf their team enough either.

How many did they have in the Cup final last year.

3000???

Wateford have a better chance in soccer than they do in hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I remember being in the RSC a few years back for the Waterford-Longford cup semi-final and having to sit on the steps because the place was so jammers. Pity how things have gone downhill.

Maybe if John O'Shea were to show up to more matches people would come along.

Advertisement