Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio Signal Range?

• 09-09-2005 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I live about 10 miles outside Clane where I can get phantom fm on my car stereo but once I leave their and reach home I loose all signal. Is there anyway I can improve my signal range?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Get some light electrical wire and coil it around the mast of your aerial.Strip the end of it (1 cm),unscrew your aerial a small bit and trap the stripped end against the metal screw threads.(I'm assuming that its one of those rubber aerials.)
    If you know some one who works for eircom or other telco ask them for a piece of jumper wire,a metre should be enough its thin and solid for wrapping.Worth a try.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement