Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky One Airing SG1/SGA New Series on Oct 18th/19th!

• 09-09-2005 7:54pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yup the dates are finally in! From the ever reliable gateworld.net :
    The brand new seasons of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis will make their U.K. premieres in mid-October on Sky One, the network has announced. SG-1 will debut its ninth season on Tuesday, October 18 at 8 p.m. with "Avalon, Part 1."

Atlantis Season Two will premiere on Wednesday, October 19 at 8 p.m. with "The Siege, Part 3."

New episodes will continue every Tuesday and Wednesday evening, with the week's new episodes reaired Saturdays at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Because Sky One does not stop mid-season for rerun breaks, U.K. viewers should pass viewers in the U.S. in January, and will see the second half of SG-1's ninth season before anyone else in the world.

Sky One will also air a 1-hour special titled "The Science of Stargate" at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, October 5. According to Ivon Bartok, the special is hosted by Amanda Tapping ("Samantha Carter"). The special will reair several times throughout the month.

With actor Richard Dean Anderson departing the series, the network is also asking fans which favorite Jack O'Neill episode they want to see over the next four weeks -- under the themes of "Action," "Caring," "Alien," and "Military." The viewers' choices for each will be aired Wednesdays this month, and participants will be entered for a chance to win Stargate SG-1 Season Eight on DVD (Region 2 - Europe) and other goodies. Visit Sky One's Web site for details.

I bolded that very important part :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Well thats certainly interesting. Nice to actually see it FIRST and Definately helps me save some bandwidth! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Infini wrote:
    Well thats certainly interesting. Nice to actually see it FIRST and Definately helps me save some bandwidth! :D
    Well it was first for the second half of S7 and S8 also.. With SG1 at least we get treated with respekt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Aint got sky :( How longs the US Mid Season breaks??? like they already into episode 8 of these seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Berns wrote:
    How longs the US Mid Season breaks???
    About 3 months. They've a couple of weeks left and then they stop until January

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I reckon it'll go about 1 episode ahead on Sky, with episode 11 scheduled for Dec 27th/28th and also with episodes returning in the US the following week. I hate watching them on Sky due to the stupid long and boring ads. I might still wait to get them of the, eh, cousin, who'll probably be taping them off Sky at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Gatewrld also said that when it airs over here, we will have the full length credits from the beginning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I cant wait until Sky start showing them but I dont know how I'm going to handle not seeing any new eps for the next few months
    jor el wrote:
    ...I might still wait to get them of the, eh, cousin, who'll probably be taping them off Sky at that stage.
    Its nice when someone goes to the trouble of skiping the ads for you, isn't it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Finally, I have being waiting for a long time for this :)
    Have to admit that the anticipation has being building for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i say 3rd of jan is when we will see the next episode on sky because they have been ahead on the 2nd half of the season for a few years now they will take 1 week break when they dont air (23/24 dec) then air new episodes on 3rd/4th jan yahoo!

so gald to finanley have my net back i moved out of my parents house and it took me ages to get net sorted and i was away and stuff.

im lovin both new sg1 and sga

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

During SG-1 tonight the ad said the new series is starting next Tuesday (11th) with Atlantis starting Wednesday 19th.

Of course they did say they are showing last seasons finale when they are showing the season 7 one. :rolleyes:

Edit: what I meant was that they are curently showing the season finale of series 7 instead of the season 8 finale.

According to the Sky TV guide Avalon, part 1 is on the 11th. Wouldn't want to miss it!

No, they didn't show 'Lost City' before they aired season 8.

The showed some lame ass documentary.

They are showing another documentary the week before the season airs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Sarn wrote:
    According to the Sky TV guide Avalon, part 1 is on the 11th. Wouldn't want to miss it!

What!!!! ok just to be to sure the new season isnt startint until 18th yes?
    Why is Richard leaving, will it go on without him?

The_Goose wrote:
    What!!!! ok just to be to sure the new season isnt startint until 18th yes?
    Why is Richard leaving, will it go on without him?

No...the new series of Sg-1 started last night.
    Next tuesday will see aprt two of the episode, with Atlantis beginning on wednsday.

Richard has been leaving bbit by bit for the past three years...he wants to spend more time with his daughter.

And yes...it has gone on without him.

Advertisement