Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nintendogs

Options
  • 09-09-2005 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

just got it today, sooo cute

he is called "dog" & he is a huski, he knows how to sit & jump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Awww... so cute, anyway of posting pics of this apparant marvel of a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

, hummm possibly

must find digital camera

ok they arent great images, but the first one is decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Which version has huski's in it?

dachshund & friends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

So, madrab, are you in America? Or did you order it on import? Will an imported US version be able to wirelessly connect to a PAL version? That seems quite important for this game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Here are my two dogs, Gizmo and Bitey. I ordered Lab and friends from Lik Sang, took about 2 week, free delivery, worked out at around €30.

I think the wireless will work, but then again, I'm not too pushed on meeting other peoples dogs, I'd be more bothered if it was Advance Wars or something,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I saw it today in Gamestop, so assuming its for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I saw it today in Gamestop, so assuming its for sale?

Not supposed to be out until October, maybe you saw a preview box?

I still don't know about this game, not completely sold on the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not supposed to be out until October, maybe you saw a preview box?

I still don't know about this game, not completely sold on the idea.

It most likely was then, I didn't look to close apart from looking at the back of the box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i dont really get it at all but it seems to be shifting ds'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,449 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's a game i want to buy out of curiosity but I can imagine the slaggings id get if i was caught with it.... Is it really THAT cutsie?

cutsie... well yes, but only as much as you want it to be. For example, you can give your dog a pink ribbon, but I chose not to.
    Seriously though, it's the kind of game that you could spend a half hour at a day, get bored after that but still return the next day for more. Mainly because of the limits on the amount of tricks and competitions you can put to your dog per day. After that it's petting, feeding and walking. It would be perfect for bus journeys etc. if it wasn't for the mic, athough there are ways around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Bless us them wee dogs is cute. Anyway, It's kinda weird having my wife sit in the other room talking constantly while she's playing it. It sounds like she's on the phone, only she keeps telling the person on the other end to sit and roll over and stuff... :O

Anyway, I bought an alsatian named Deuteronomy, but alas I haven't fed him since I got him a week ago. I think my wife has been feeding him for me. It just seemed to get boring fairly quickly: perform action, say word, repeat until funny noise happens and dog has learned trick. on to next trick...

At least she likes it :)

yeah thats the good thing, im going on holiday with my girlfriend in a couple of weeks, it should keep her busy for a while :D

madrab wrote:
    yeah thats the good thing, im going on holiday with my girlfriend in a couple of weeks, it should keep her busy for a while :D

shouldn't you be doing that?
    sorry... couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Balfa wrote:
    Bless us them wee dogs is cute.

It will all end in disaster I tell ya. I once had a tamagotchi that woke me up from a drunken stupor and ended up being smashed against a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Wow I think I'll buy a "game" so I can play with a dog and teach him to sit and jump and run and.........or....UI could always go outside and see my real dog. Just a thought.

Never really got those kind of games, just like tamagotchi or Dogz on the pc years ago. Kind pointless imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Next they'll have Virtual Virtual Dog.

"Wow it's almost like playing with a virtual dog"

Dave wrote:
    Next they'll have Virtual Virtual Dog.

"Wow it's almost like playing with a virtual dog"
    :)

With voice and touch technology so you can actually pet your dog as well as bark orders at him (bad pun I know)

• Advertisement

One of the deciding factors with me was the fact that because I'm away for the next year I won't have a dog, so this is my poor replacement.
    I'd say by June 06 I'll well be sick of the bloody game, but I should have Metroid by then (please!)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is there a version for the PC? Sounds like something my sister would like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nintendo DS only and it's a nintendo game so no chance of a PC conversion. There should be similar pet simulators on the PC but they would be inferior to nintendogs.

sprinkles wrote:
    Wow I think I'll buy a "game" so I can play with a dog and teach him to sit and jump and run and.........or....UI could always go outside and see my real dog. Just a thought.

Never really got those kind of games, just like tamagotchi or Dogz on the pc years ago. Kind pointless imo

hey you, shut it & read the sig!

There was a game, exactly the same out years ago fot he pc, it was called DOGZ, and there was another one called CATZ. There where continual updates. Lookin pc world on the shelf where they have all the old cheap games, you'll find it there

madrab wrote:
    hey you, shut it & read the sig!
    Don't hey me, just cause you waste your money looking for love and affection from computer generated pets. You sicken me

Sprinkles denies all knowledge of archery......no wait a minute that sounds gay. Please ignore that. :)

sprinkles wrote:
    Don't hey me, just cause you waste your money looking for love and affection from computer generated pets. You sicken me

Sprinkles denies all knowledge of archery......no wait a minute that sounds gay. Please ignore that. :)

ahh your just jealous that ur ds is in another continent

Dog has learned to sit, lie down, & lift his left & right paw :-)

the dumb b@stard just wont learn to roll over though!

madrab wrote:
    ahh your just jealous that ur ds is in another continent

Dog has learned to sit, lie down, & lift his left & right paw :-)

the dumb b@stard just wont learn to roll over though!
    Didn't you have the same problem with your gf? Thats right I went there!

Sorry for going off topic, but it was there for the taking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No need to apologise. It gave me a bit of a chuckle.

• Advertisement

sprinkles wrote:
    Didn't you have the same problem with your gf? Thats right I went there!

Sorry for going off topic, but it was there for the taking.

ha ha, she will kick your @$$ for that :-)

Advertisement