Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cusine de France cakes - unhygenic or not?

• 09-09-2005 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

I was usually partial to the odd Cusine de France Almond Croissant.

...that was before this summer.

I popped down to my local Spar one lunchtime on a hot afternoon a couple of weeks ago and noticed a couple of flies buzzing around their usual 'open' display stand. The standard one they use in most shops and garages.

I noticed the same thing in my local garage with their display stand too.

Even Tescos bakery put their cakes in little compartment thingies where you have to open a plastic door to take them out.

Am I being a bit too fussy in thinking that Cusine de France's usual open cake stands in shops and garages aren't the best of ideas when it comes to hygene?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

no in superquinn picked up a cake thingy and a fly was on it i put it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Is anything hygenic though?? People cough, sneeze, pick their nose etc all around food. It's gonna happen. How you know someone hasn't come along before you, taken out the cake licked it and put it back?? Ya just gotta take these chances. Same goes in restaurants...

Watched a segement on This Morning about all the germs that are on money. Horrible!! I won't say what they were but not very nice I can tell you that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Larianne wrote:
    Is anything hygenic though?? People cough, sneeze, pick their nose etc all around food.
    True, but I was talking about C d F's specfic policy of displaying their goods in the open where flies can land on them.
    Larianne wrote:
    Watched a segement on This Morning about all the germs that are on money. Horrible!! I won't say what they were but not very nice I can tell you that!!
    I saw a programme recently that said the average keyboard in an office has more germs on it than a toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Superquinn so the same with all their breads though. It's not just C de F

Advertisement