Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen?Led Zepp?

Options
  • 09-09-2005 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I dunno where to post this....Anyone like queen??they are pure class imo...
    And led zeppelin??Agian pure class imo...

anyone go to the wueen concert in may??it was brilliant.. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, Queen were the first band I ever seriously got into. And who doesn't enjoy a bit of Zep now and then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Led Zeppelin are so good... :D Ramble on is brilliant..when i first heard it..i was..like...is this really led zeppelin???
    it is really different than their other stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Yeah, Queen were the first band I ever seriously got into but LZ suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

I love Queen and was at the Concert! Led Zeppelin are horrible until you get to know them and from then on are brilliant!

Hey Lep..what did you think of Paul Rogers..I thought he was very good....Brian may's solo was incredible..wasnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

Queen were the first band I ever got interested in 1975 when I was 9 and I refused to listen to anyone else for years. But I kinda boycotted them for a few years after they released The Game around '80/'81 because I thought they had wimped out. That was followed by the equally naff Flash Gordon & Hot Space but things did improve again in the mid-80's and it was uphill to their final masterpiece Innuendo in 1990.

Brian May has always been my hero. 30 years on from when I first got into Queen Brian's guitar playing still sends shivers down my spine.

Didn't go to the gig in May as I would have to have brought the family (my 9 year old daughter is a huge fan!) and couldn't justify spending that amount of money as I was off on the hols a few days later. I did see them however in "The Works" tour around '83/'84 and at Slane in '85. Was there a good turn-out at the gig?

Was never a huge Zep fan when I was younger but as the years go by I seem to be listening more and more to 60's/70's rock music and have really come to appreciate how good Zeppelin actually were in their day. Plant ranks alongside Mercury as two of Rock's greatest frontmen ever.

Although Zeppelin's recordings were maybe not as well produced as many other acts at the time the songs themselves have stood the test of time very well and there is still a great mystique about them to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

are any of yis headin to Rob Plant in the Olympia on Dec 12th.
    Havent got my ticket yet but its on the to do list, defo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

plant in olympia this dec? :O :O *is there*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

i love both of them. I was brought up listening to them by my da

i was thinking about going to the robert plant gig but i saw him play on ''later wiht jools holland''..he was terrible...and when i say terrible...i mean..really bad.

• Advertisement

Hey Lep..what did you think of Paul Rogers..I thought he was very good....Brian may's solo was incredible..wasnt it?
    Outstanding! I can only imagine how great Freddie would have been. I knew who Freddie was before I could spell my own name! It was unfortunate that Rogers' voice couldn't have handled Somebody to Love and You're my Best Friend, either that or I somehow missed those two. But all in all fantastic! :D

As for Plant I've got my ticket and can't wait! I'm inclined to disagree with MackQ on Zepplin's production but then again I only know them through the digital remasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Please please tell me ya be rippin ze p*ss?!?

Love both of 'em myself...so different yet so similar in their concepts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A frind of mine went to the Queen gig. Ended up with one of Brian May's sixpence plec things.

She nearly cried with joy.

If you don't like at least one of Queen or Led Zep, there's probably something wrong with you. :)

Sarky wrote:
    A frind of mine went to the Queen gig. Ended up with one of Brian May's sixpence plec things.

She nearly cried with joy.

If you don't like at least one of Queen or Led Zep, there's probably something wrong with you. :)

Your friend is very very lucky.

I agree with you..If you dont like em...there probably is something wrong with you.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Ah i like queen, though LZ..nah!

i think led zepp are one of those Hate it or Love it bands...A lot of people say that their songs ''Ramble On'' :D ..i like the way that their songs are long and sometimes it annoys when songs are short like the beatles songs..i still like the beatles but i think their songs are too short, But that what music was like back ''then''

SB

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i like some songs by both bands,that's about it.
    love princes of the universe! :)

Is there anyone who likes neither? I think Led Zepp are more a "hate it until you love it" thing. I had zero interest in any of there songs except Stairway to Heaven for months after I first heard them and my sister hated them with a passion! Now she lists them as her third favourite only after Queen and The Who.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

Oh, you can not be serious. Queen are/were awful in comparison - a mediocre band with a charismatic frontman whereas Led Zeppelin posessed the finest 'Drummist' there ever was in John Henry Bonham (Listen to "In My Time Of Dying"), a disgracefully underrated John Paul Jones (The Lemon Song) and of course Page/Plant. An A-freakin'-mazing band.

Pitseleh wrote:
    Oh, you can not be serious. Queen are/were awful in comparison - a mediocre band with a charismatic frontman whereas Led Zeppelin posessed the finest 'Drummist' there ever was in John Henry Bonham (Listen to "In My Time Of Dying"), a disgracefully underrated John Paul Jones (The Lemon Song) and of course Page/Plant. An A-freakin'-mazing band.

I agree with you on the points about led zeppelin being great but i dont think queen are a mediocre band..especcialy Brian May..He is Amazing! :eek: Freddie mercury Amazing! :eek:

and shouldnt that be Drummer.. :D
    just kidding ;)

• Advertisement

Pitseleh wrote:
    Oh, you can not be serious. Queen are/were awful in comparison - a mediocre band with a charismatic frontman
    Speak not such blasphemy! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Have to side with Queen for deffo here...so many more of their songs i like more than zep, who for me sound so tiresom at times, I like a few of theirs..but man does their stuff sound old and doesnt seem to age well,,pity really,,,but there yu go. Watched their live dvd release to re convince myself of how good they were..but it just didnt happen, i enjoyed it overall,,but truly master band??..no sorry cant agree..Queen were very dynamic, kind of music for anyone style,,but could rock hard too,,like that sort of stuff.
    Finally Bonham greatest rock drummer ever??..do me a favour ...he was good but i can think of a few who make mincemeat of him,,,for sure...so no not the greatest rock drummer ever,,,but seems to be well known here in ireland compared to many others i suppose...thats about it in my book .

so thumbs up for Queen, a nod of reserved affection for Zep.

ciao amigos...Baggio....

I suppose Bonham was great but was he really better than Keith Moon and Ginger Baker?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Queen have some excellent songs, but they have some terrible stuff too. Led Zeppelin are more consistent in my opinion.

I suppose Bonham was great but was he really better than Keith Moon and Ginger Baker?

I think Keith Moon was better. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Brian May..He is Amazing!

Indeedily, an excellent guitarist altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I really like Zep but I'm only fond of the odd Queen song.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

They were both very tight bands, had great frontmen. As a showman Fred was no.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

ether wrote:
    They were both very tight bands, had great frontmen. As a showman Fred was no.1
    Seconded. Two words.

Live Aid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Ok, Queen kicked muchos assos, especially Freddy. And the rest of the band were cool too, although Brian May and Roger Taylor have sold out a bit too much for my liking. But I still have to side with Zep. My reasons are many. For one, Queen stuck to rock in the 70s, before moving to a more dance-oriented sound in the 80s, while Zep did everything, blues, rock, folk, country, even jazz.
    And incidentally, Bonham is very, very cool, but he is not Keith Moon, and he is definitely not Ginger Baker.

Advertisement