Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen?Led Zepp?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Thin Lizzy anyone????

Anyway I'd say Queen in this one. Amazing band. Led Zep are great (especially Page) but I just prefer queen a whole lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Yeah Queen did some great stuff as did Led Zep, but I have a real soft spot for Pink Floyd. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

Zeppelin rule.Queen ****e.Keith moon is one of the most over rated drummers ever.nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Keith Moon overated?
    ..maybe possibly..but hey Bonham was/is too..they were both good..but there are a few better ones for sure..Queen,,****e?..naa dont hink so,,,good musical ban who could rock well. Zep..their ok, but not what a lot of wannabe's over here crack them up to be.

ciao' amigos...Baggio............

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Queen would have been the first rock band I was into. As for Led, I didn't get into them until I heard Stairway to Heaven for the first time on 2fm, back many moons ago.

And yes, Pink Floyd are very good too. For some reason, I prefer The Wall to other albums as a whole, but many fans would disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Baggio wrote:
    Keith Moon overated?
    ..maybe possibly..but hey Bonham was/is too..they were both good..but there are a few better ones for sure..Queen,,****e?..naa dont hink so,,,good musical ban who could rock well. Zep..their ok, but not what a lot of wannabe's over here crack them up to be.

ciao' amigos...Baggio............
    How about a Led Zeppelin or Rush thread, baggio? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I hate queen. I hate queen so so much. My feeling of hatred for queen is so massive i cant even express it in words.
    Led zep on the other hand are sheer class

Waltons,
    ...yeahh did that before some of me Zep mates went mad, others agreed with moi,,ahh is all a bit of fun eh :)....anyway Rush win hands down ...3 mastercraftsmen in a 3piece band that sound like a 6 piece band??...different class,,..thats not to say Zep are bad,,,just simply not as good as the 3 amigos.

ciao amigo...Baggio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

Waltons wrote:
    How about a Led Zeppelin or Rush thread, baggio? ;)
    Oh god don't get him started about Rush.He'll never stop!...........only jokin' baggio.

:D ek942...yeahh i know,,ol loudmouth here doesss go on eh!

:)..Baggio........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Led Zeppelin are my favourite band, and have been for the last number of years, Queen are all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Zeppelin win this one easily. Sure Queen were a great band, but too many of their songs are just complete jokes. Zeppelin are consistant and do everything. I dont know anyone who can beat them when they go all beautiful and acoustic... Hey Lady, Tangerine, Thats the Way it Is, Going to California... list goes on. And of course their better know rocking stuff is legend too. Queen are a great band, but nay better then Zeppelin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

I dont know anyone who can beat them when they go all beautiful and acoustic... Hey Lady, Tangerine, Thats the Way it Is, Going to California... list goes on.

"Hey Lady"? I don't know that one, are you talking about "Over The Hills And Far Away"?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

I love A Night At The Opera as much as the next guy, but to my ears Zeppelin were that bit more consistent over the course of their career than Queen were. I'm saying that Zeppelin didn't wane towards the end, but Queen's decline was WAY more evident. After they released the Game they just went tits up basically (and there was plenty of crap before that too).

I certainly wouldn't say that Zepp are they be all end all though like a lot of straw "music fans" with 20 albums at home seem to like doing lately. I enjoy their first six albums immensely and I recognise them as hard rock pioneers but I also see that they have been surpassed musically on a regular basis over the last 35 years, and even in their own era by Sabbath and Rush and possibly early Budgie stuff.

So to summarise, thumbs in the middle for Queen, thumbs up for Zeppelin!

Advertisement