Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gothic Script Tat (First Tattoo)

Options
  • 09-09-2005 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a place that does gothic script names and also does under 18's with parents present or not :) . I was wondering cos i wanted to get my name "Chris" in gothic script on my back,top left actually, and was wondering where would be a good place to get it done and if anyone new how much it would cost.BTw this will be my first tat and i have thought alot about gettin it done but didn't know when or where cos im 15.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Wait three years. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

i've thought bout this for bout a year at least so i would rather get it done now.

here is wat i want

tatoo3wp.jpg

Nowhere that's worth half a damn is going to tattoo a 15 year old. Three years isnt long to wait for something that's going to be with you for the rest of your life.

thats ur opinion.And i respect that but if you do not want to help me please stop posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

He is helping you. No respectable tattooist will tattoo a 15 year old, even with their parents permission. As for getting a tattoo while your only 15, you will still be growing for the next 3 years and that leaves open the possibility that your tattoo will become stretched.

I'm just pointing out that there are no reputable tattoo artists that will do work on someone under 18 with or without parents being present. It's just a generally accepted policy amongst the artists. You can try, but to tall you the truth I think you would be better off waiting a while. Please dont take it in a bad way - it's pretty much just the facts of the situation.

thanks for the advice,but if it becomes stretched it can be retouched.And actually im not tall and i wont be.I have a family history of bein under 5"10 and since im only 5"5 now i dont think it will stretch.but as i'm liftng weights there is a possibility of stretching

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Don't do it. If you're sure you want to get it, wait another three years. you'll still be able to get it, and by then you might actually be sure. And a stretched tattoo won't be fixed just by re-touching it. Wait, finish growing, then get it done if you still want to. And nowhere worth going will tattoo a minor. It'd be stupid to go somewhere that will. This'll more than likely end up locked anyway, so don't hold out hope.

It might be worth having this advice attached to the Charter for this forum, as it's something that has come up before, and has the same results every time...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

your 15 and your gettin tattoo's and lifting weights,
    you need to chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i suspect a short man sydrome

Aah go easy on him, he was just tryin to find out a bit about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

locking thread. As it is indeed going the road of pointless. or worse yet, someone does send him to a crappy tattoist who will actually tattoo a minor without parental consent and everything goes horribly wrong from there. Think about it, if the artist is irresponsible enough to tattoo a minor without parental consent do you really want this guy sticking needles into you?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Someone mentioned about adding this to the charter.Im going to re-do the charter at some stage this weekend as there seems to be a lot of this underage crap lately and tbh it really needs an update due to some of the more downright "ridiculous" threads being started.

No self respecting tattoo artist or piercer would be seen dead tattooing/piercing underage "children" bar the few piercings that are acceptable with parental consent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement