Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone

• 09-09-2005 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭

Any recommendations please on what is the best value and most functionally practical mobile phone for use in Ireland (Dublin) ?

It is just impossible to work out what is best given the pricing structures and "offerings" of the various suppliers !

I am not looking for anything fancy as I would not be using a lot of the useless add-ons. Likewise, I do not want to stint and buy something mouldy when a few Euro extra would buy something decent.

I would be a very light user and would not be using it for business or international calls.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

id try meteor they are by far the cheapest and they have the nokia 3200 for €79 with €80 free call credit!! ive had many phones and the 3200 was by far the best and easy to use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Well it depends what network your on and if your Rtg or Bill.Try looking on the networks website.Usually you save money if you buy from there online store.I know of 02 and vodafone do this.(Normally 10-20%)

If your bill it also depends on the tariff but most phones are very cheap on bill so either way your going to be saving a good amount.

Heres the networks online sites:
    Vodafone

On the vodafone site heres a few intresting and bargian phones.
    Nokia 3220-109€ A savings of 20€
    Sagem myv56-79€ A savings of 20€
    Nokia 3120-69€ A savings of 30€

All these are phones are nice and have a good few features that are worth the money.They all come with credit also.

On 02's site they have great discounts
    Like the motorola v220 limited edition(pink)for 89€ your saving 10%/€ buying it online.
    The Sony Ericsson K300i is great value @ only 89€ saving 10%/€ buying it online.
    They all come with credit.
    Im not going to include meteor as you cannot but here is there site for looking at them

Meteor

Most of there phones are great value.

As for "3" they currently only support bill.If your bill then i'd check there website

Three Ireland

If you cant be bothered looking through all the sites the great value mobiles are:

Sony Ericsson on 02 rtg for 89€(99€ in shops)
    Golden disks actually have a deal im not too sure what it is but you should take a look there
    Motorola v220 @89€; rtg on 02(99€ in shops)

Nokia 3120 @69€; online on vodafone
    Nokia 3220@ 109€ online on vodafone
    Sagem myv56 @79€; online on vodafone

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can't go wrong with the 1101 from Meteor - only e49 on PAYG (with e25 credit). I've got one and recently my mam bought one. I sold my 6230 for it!

You can make phone calls and send texts - what more do you want?

Advertisement