Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention: Tenants

Options
  • 09-09-2005 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭

You should be getting a letter like this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

. . . if your landlord is registered, which last time I looked, about 2/3rds weren't. (Tax-dodging landlords won't register for fear of being caught by Mr Revenue Commissiors).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The PRTB isn't allowed share information with the Revenue, but not that some landlords will believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

Victor wrote:
    The PRTB isn't allowed share information with the Revenue, but not that some landlords will believe it.

Just out of curiosity Victor, where did you glean that information from?

Actually I'm incorrect in that information, Section 148 of the act means the board has to give the Revenue the particulars of the tenancy when requested. Presumably it was under the old registration scheme with councils that they weren't allowed pass on information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I remember signing a PRTB form for my landlord last November. There must have been a deadline because I rememeber it was realy urgent. Moved out shortly afterwards so never got this letter.

If I wanted to claim my rent relief of €254 for 2004, which I haven't done yet could I ask the revenue to contact the PRTB to prove that I paid rent. Then could process my claim

I don't have my landlords address or phone no. anymore so wouldn't be able to get him to sign the relevant form

• Advertisement

Complete the form as best you can and submit it to the Revenue. They can usually track these things. They might want receipts in the event of an audit.

Advertisement