Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo..

• 09-09-2005 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭

Are the 2GB memory stick pro duo cards on ebay for €207 worth that much I was thinking og getting one but is that a lot to pay?

Hakko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Well a 1gb costs E45-50 on ebay. go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

add about 25 euro to that 1gb price for required insurance/postage, the chepest u'll get a 1gig is about 75 euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

cheapest you will find on ebay is 75-90.

I just got a gig from the states thru ebay.....50 for stick, 20 for postage and 20 insurance... :eek: :rolleyes: :)

Postage cost on outside of my package $1.60 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Personally i reckon ebay should crack down on them.....worse than bloody ryanair

They pay less fees that way, for example you either have 89 euro plus 1 euro postage or 40 euros plus 50 euro p+p/insurance. Its not gonna make a difference, your still gonna pay 90 euros. 75 euros is brilliant no matter how much it costs them to send it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

They pay less fees that way, for example you either have 89 euro plus 1 euro postage or 40 euros plus 50 euro p+p/insurance. Its not gonna make a difference, your still gonna pay 90 euros. 75 euros is brilliant no matter how much it costs them to send it.

ah...suppose that makes sense. :)

still a pain in the arse with different sellers having different prices posted but them all costing the same in the end.

still no comparison to the the 140-150 in the shops :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

On play.com a 1gb is £79.99 but it only delivers to uk so if you know anyone......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

but sure that works out at €118 so why not just go down town and buy one for possibly cheaper..??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

me and two mates bought three sony 1gb duo cards off Outpost.com for a total of $282.05 inc delivery.

in euro thats about 75 quid each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i got mine for 73 euro from ebay.. the lonk is on the other mem card thread. the seller has loads more.

what was the name of the seller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Anyone have any opinions on the following from bhphotovideo in NYC? My sis is gonna be there in 2 weeks time and asked if I wanted her to get anything for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Yeah, there sound, i've usedthem before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

Its A Complete rip off, There is a card fop cheap(thats ok), but then the p&p
    is 20 pound! for a small card that could fit Anywhere, and the insurance is 10 pond and they say the insurance is required!! :)

The Ebay Sellers Are Making there money on the p&p, In Total the postage and insurance cost MORE than the card!!!

Yeah, there sound, i've usedthem before.
    what I meant was, are all of those 2GB mem cards compatible with PSP and if so, which one should I go for? Some of them aren't available yet but hopefully will be in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

boy1er1990 wrote:
    Its A Complete rip off, There is a card fop cheap(thats ok), but then the p&p
    is 20 pound! for a small card that could fit Anywhere, and the insurance is 10 pond and they say the insurance is required!! :)

The Ebay Sellers Are Making there money on the p&p, In Total the postage and insurance cost MORE than the card!!!
    Read above and on countless other posts. If it is such a blatant fuking rip-off then why are people still buying from them. ehhh simple answer because they are still the cheapest. If they made the same profit margin and charged you the correct postage it would cost YOU MORE. ebay would pocket the rest. the seller pays a % of the cost to ebay not the post.
    A guy selling a plasma for $1999 with post of $1 is making far less profit than selling for $1 and post of $1999.
    People always are moaning about this, you sort by price and find the cheapest. I actually prefer to pay huge postage since I know ebay are not getting their full share. e.g. if I can get the card for $100 delivered from 2 sellers, I go to the one with higher postage, fair fuks to him

i posted that up above, thats the way it works. 75 euros or whatever it is, is way way better than 150 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

That amount for a Memory Stick is outrageous. I got a 1GB one in Hong Kong for 30 Euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Sweet wrote:
    That amount for a Memory Stick is outrageous. I got a 1GB one in Hong Kong for 30 Euro
    For a Pro Duo?

Yeah and its pretty freakin' sweeeaaattt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Whereabouts in hong kong? what brand?
    I was there twice recently and never saw them close to that price in normal shops. down the backstreets the cheapest they offered was €85 for a sony branded one.
    If I saw them for €30 I would have filled my suitcase to the brim, why didnt you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

[edit]
    scrap that, US only.
    [/edit]

rubadub wrote:
    Whereabouts in hong kong? what brand?
    I was there twice recently and never saw them close to that price in normal shops. down the backstreets the cheapest they offered was €85 for a sony branded one.
    If I saw them for €30 I would have filled my suitcase to the brim, why didnt you?

In the little Phone Street near Langham Place. Its Sony and works perfectly.
    [ /PSP explodes ] See, works perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

b.**** 30euro in HK...

maybe if it was a stolen one, but thats like saying you bought a jag for a 100quid off a knacker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tiny Tim

got 1 (1 gig mem card) ordered cost 82euro from ebay... from England..

Good value and hopefully wont have to wait weeks! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

You got a 1gig you tard

chump wrote:
    You got a 1gig you tard

Whats wrong with that?

Whats wrong with that?

Yeah how is he a 'tard' for buying something he wanted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

The thread is called "2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo"... a little harsh but thoroughly correct I felt.

Thats a fair point Cabelo it is all about 2gb MSPD's

• Advertisement

its a 2gb thread but it turned into a 1gb thread after about the first post ;)

2gb are still robbery on ebay, think i might be able to get one through a friend from www.mgmi.fr in paris for 160 euros and sell my 1gb so it wont be that bad.

aaf wrote:
    Anyone have any opinions on the following from bhphotovideo in NYC? My sis is gonna be there in 2 weeks time and asked if I wanted her to get anything for me.
    Anyone have any opinions on any of these?

That french site looks good, how exactly are you going to get it? Is your friend going over?
    I might just order it from the sit and see. I'll e-mail them first to see if I can get an english response..Thats what I did with a german site before and it worked out perfect..in the end

Hakko

Through the friend of a friend hopefully ;) , i emailed them before and got no reply back but I also read that 2 old guys run the shop which could explain that. German sites usually reply in english or least try to but dont know if its the case with french sites. A cheap ryanair flight to paris to buy the cards would probably work out cheaper than anywhere else. You could make a small fortune selling them on ebay aswell if you bought a good few as their sony pro duos which always go for higher prices than sandisk.

oh, I see!
    I was thinking that the students union shop in my college might be able to order in one or a few of them and sell them at near cost price like everything else..

Hakko

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

hmm..thanks for that. I'm heading to Paris in november so I might go have a look

edit: according to their t&cs they only ship to mainland France..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

www.bhphotovideo.com have a 2GB sandisk ms pro duo for $154, and shipping is another $27.50.

that looks pretty damn good to me, anyone use them before?

That's about 150 euro i think...

looks pretty good,only thing is you are liable to pay to duty if getting it sent here cause its value is over 100 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

i wouldn't worry about that too much. it's a letter sized package.
    even with the import duty it's still a good price. :)

sure I suppose i'll give it a shot some time in the near future.

Hakko

Advertisement