Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places To Get Your Pilots License???

Options
  • 09-09-2005 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Any body know a cheep place to get a PPL in Ireland? (Pilots License)- the way i'm doing it is killing my social life!

Cheers,
    Byro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Aviator55

Hi

Ain't no cheap small aircraft flying, but, there are alternatives. You can learn to fly airplanes in a lot of places, or, for a little less, microlights in Abbeyshrule (faster and a lot cheaper than a lot of real aircraft.)
    For ordinary aircraft, National Flight Centre in Weston is big, but not very student friendly, I hear.
    You can always go to the US and get a JAR (European) or FAA (US) license. See the ads in the backs of flying magazines in Easons.
    A US license may or may not be legal here, depending on the whims of the IAA who regulate flying.
    Check out the choices by buying "Flying in Irleand" (FlyinginIreland.com) and or "Pilot."
    Best thing to do is hang out at a smaller flying club and get some opinions,
    maybe do a skydive with the IPC first, and chat to the pilots, or visit the Dublin Gliding Club? Gliding is cool, too.
    Anything that involves flying is a thousand times more fun than ground stuff. Formula One? Pah.
    Go for it....

Advertisement