Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mars volta

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

time for a poll-

Who agrees with mickeydoomsux that TMV and the killers/ kaiser chiefs are comparable? (let alone similar)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

cantdecide wrote:
    time for a poll-

Who agrees with mickeydoomsux that TMV and the killers/ kaiser chiefs are comparable? (let alone similar)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    I don't agree obviously as it's pretty clear that TMV are doing something different than those bands and are firmly in a different camp. It's not prog, to call it that is a misnomer. It's more what people have started to call post-rock, or experimental rock.

The Killers and Kaiser Chiefs are pop-rock, straight up, no strings attached.

Heres the thing though. None of the bands mentioned are very good. If you think The Mars Volta are !!!!!!teh awesome dood!!!!!! you have likely (not definitely) not heard a lot of experimental music (including prog). It's average fare, there's better stuff you could be listening to.

But yeah, it's preferable to listening to The Killers for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

I want to kill the dude from the Kaiser Chiefs more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

i predict a homicide

Advertisement