Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Options RDS

Options
  • 10-09-2005 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Whos going to the Higher Options shwo in the RDS? Are you going on the Wed, Thrus or Friday?

I'm going on the Thrusday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

bad waste of time.. good day off though but dont expect to get anythin out of it..

i went last year and dint like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

A girl in my class was thinking of going but seen that it is in dublin could be a problem.Maybe our school will order a bus(they normally would for these type of events) for this.Oh well we'll find out monday :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Im going on Wednesday! I got a ticket of the Irish Times and just incase I asked my friends to ask the old guidance councillor if I could go with them so yeah now i have two tickets :rolleyes:!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah, i already nkow what I wanna do in college, so this is just a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'm going on Friday, no idea at all what the craic is with it.

Wh00t for a day off and you never know, I might even learn something from it.

• Advertisement

it's basically a showcase, of all the different colleges, and after school training etc.. all got there little stands..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Ang good? I know sockrocker doesnt think so, but has any one else been?

Ang good? I know sockrocker doesnt think so, but has any one else been?
    i was last year, it's alright if you ask questions at the lesser packed stalls. some of them are jammers.

I think i went to one last year.It was held at Jurys hotel Waterford.There was many stalls about after school recruitment and trades etc.They had leaflets and books etc.Is that the type of thing going on in the Rds?I got a free bank card from the one in Jurys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeah theres 72 of use headin up to it on Wednesday!!! Have heard its no use,really only good for collecting the booklets and stuff!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Barrie wrote:
    I think i went to one last year.It was held at Jurys hotel Waterford.There was many stalls about after school recruitment and trades etc.They had leaflets and books etc.Is that the type of thing going on in the Rds?I got a free bank card from the one in Jurys :D
    I was at that one, complete doss off. Hopefully this one'll be less of a waste. I'ma goin on the Thursday.

Did you get your free Bank card and lolly? :D Or your nails painted lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

im going thurs...went to it last year too!

No-one going on the Friday? Just me and airetam_storm so.

Ah well, My fridays in school are desperate and my Thursdays are pleasant enough so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

I went last year, my Leaving Cert year, I remember getting nothing out of it, what are you going to learn about a college, that isn't in the brochures, when you're in a room that loud? They're just like salesmen, and college is the product. My lasting memory is asking the representative of the college of London "Is the course in Psychology as good as anything offered in Ireland?" simple answer I got was "yes". Then you go and look them up on the internet and it clearly states "this degree is not recognised by the British Psychology Association (or some national organisation for Psychology of some sort)". So you just get lied to in the hope you go to their college. In short: it's a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

/agreed

i jus chilled the beanbags at it all day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

i went last year.Nice show of colleges, but unless you have some specific questions to ask or colleges to see it's not up to much, but that's probably the point. Lots of free pens and stuff and the army setup is cool.

Barrie wrote:
    Did you get your free Bank card and lolly? :D Or your nails painted lol ;)
    No, just a load of free pens, the mini-cd things from NUI maynooth and DIT prospectus to hold over my head because it was raining when I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Whens it on? How do you get tickets? My school have kept this quiet....

Well the one i went too in Jurys Waterford i think we had to pay(5-10€).But i'd say it was for the bus(Private bus from our school).Ask your guidence counsiler or principal about this im sure they couldnt stop you going to this.

• Advertisement

Ask your Guidance Counciller for tickets, you can buy them through him. Or, if you go to the evening one on thursday, tickets are on-sale at the door.

Sounds like a fine crock of sh*te now.

At least the prospect of a half day shall keep me looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I went to this last year and just did my leaving. I thought it was decent enough. As said before think of some questions to ask or have a fair idea what you are thinking of doing in college.

I would love to go back this year again. After being stuck in an all boys school and seeing the same chicks around town all the time this was great. The quality was amazing, my eyes were popping out of my head and the atmosphere was pretty friendly so there was no problem going up to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

What is it exactly?

Lord Oz wrote:
    What is it exactly?

From what I've gathered it's a load of stands where colleges are placed and they're giving out booklets and pens so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Oh right, we went went to something like that in Limerick last year, got a load of free pens,notepads and pringles. Other than that it was crap. For some reason the irish times were handing out free newspapers too.

Lord Oz wrote:
    Oh right, we went went to something like that in Limerick last year, got a load of free pens,notepads and pringles. Other than that it was crap. For some reason the irish times were handing out free newspapers too.

Score, a free paper! THat'll give me something for the 3 hour bus-ride home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Funkstard wrote:
    Whens it on? How do you get tickets? My school have kept this quiet....

hey

ok ring the irish times on this number or email (ringin is better id say)
    For information on attending the conference or information about exhibiting at it please e-mail higheroptions@irish-times.ie or tel. + 353 1 675 8494 or +353 1 675 8450. or 6758000

ask them if they have any place left
    they will give you an address and you post €8 cheque
    go in on eitehr Wed thur or fri.....whicever day suits u! and thats pretty much it and ull be sent a ticket! I did it so it works :D

I was telling my guidence teacher about this she said theres really no point as there more than likely be another one in jurys(Rapheal if your intrested)She doesnt know dates yet as they havent beeen decided if its taken place yet but shes pretty sure it will.She said that we can go to it if we wanted but im going to wait to see if theres a jurys one.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure you could just sneak in if you reallllly wanted to. just go around the back, it's so easy.

or ask someone coming out for there sticker.. :rolleyes:

Advertisement