Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Options RDS

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Asked my guidance counsellor the other day - the whole year is going and we don't pay for tickets, apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

yeah, sometimes they include it in school fees, you'd think we were paying enough.. now i gotta pay more on top of them... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I'm going to it on Thursday...need to gather some science info even though as many have said it mightn't to be a whole lot of help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Im going too. No idea when though, I should probably find out but ah well. I am pretty sure I know what I'm going to be doing in college but it might still be interesting. Looking forward to it. Anyone know what times its on at ie. Will i get the whole day off? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

You'll prolly be told on monday, after all it does start on wednesday.

• Advertisement

d4gurl wrote:
    hey

ok ring the irish times on this number or email (ringin is better id say)
    For information on attending the conference or information about exhibiting at it please e-mail higheroptions@irish-times.ie or tel. + 353 1 675 8494 or +353 1 675 8450. or 6758000

ask them if they have any place left
    they will give you an address and you post €8 cheque
    go in on eitehr Wed thur or fri.....whicever day suits u! and thats pretty much it and ull be sent a ticket! I did it so it works :D

Cheers for that d4gurl, I missed it the last time I checked the thread. I'm going on Wednesday, who else is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I'm going on Wednesday too, does anyone know what time its on at and when it finished because I want to go after school!

Just texted a mate and he said its on friday. Looking forward to it. Might find some courses for my lower choices even though I plan on getting my first choice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Barrie wrote:
    I was telling my guidence teacher about this she said theres really no point as there more than likely be another one in jurys(Rapheal if your intrested)She doesnt know dates yet as they havent beeen decided if its taken place yet but shes pretty sure it will.She said that we can go to it if we wanted but im going to wait to see if theres a jurys one.
    Just noticed that, thanks. Will go anyway, want to talk to the people from Belfast

If anyone's going tomorrow and sees someone in a long grey coat and a halo t-shirt, it's me. Introduce yourself!

Well I went today, it was good for getting proespectusii (geek) and if you know specific courses you might do, most of the desks have someone there who will talk to you. At the DIT desk there was a girl studying architecture which was quite handy. You get a free paper too which is always nice, and Portobello were handing out free massive lollipops too!

Stay the feck away from the take away food outside, my friend paid €2.50 for a bottle of water! €2.50 ffs!

Also the Army place was deadly, bazookas and **** being thrown around

• Advertisement

Class! I heard that the army yoke was good alright. Looking forward to it and the lollipops now :)

We have been told to go in the merrion entrance, anyone know what bus routes go near?

Not too sure, the 7, 111 or 45 I think. I got the Dart in, Sandymount station is about two seconds away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I went after my classes on Wednesday about 1! I found it to be good! The rush had died down and it was good talking to the Uk colleges! Personally Trinity and Ucd werent great help at all! They were way to busy! Still dont get that horizons crap!! I think its to do with experimenting with differnt courses or something!! I missed some free stuff! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

A few universities I wanted to have a few words with weren't there, namely Oxford, University of Leeds and Glasgow.

It wasn't the heap of crap it was hyped up to be.

Personally me and all my friends thought it was pretty crap and a dissapointment. Anything I found out there I could have found out on the net. Would have been the most boring event ever if it wasnt for the armys section.

Am I alone or does anyone else agree with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

didn't even bother going. assumed it was like any other open day, just an excuse for a day off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenshi

I think I saw leeds

Advertisement