Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Cards

Options
  • 10-09-2005 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

wherebouts do we get the student cards from this year? going into third year and want to get it sorted on monday so i can get into student bar with as little hassle as possible!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Vic Mackey

you get em from the building the other side of da lake, but i think for next week, someone mentioned them being inda arts building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭anna20

great thanks vic mackey! i think thats o'reilly hall, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Doesn't matter for the student bar anyway, your student card from last year is valid til the end of the month anyway.

ye i know but i lost it in may during the exams, think i dropped it in the carpark outside the rds!

Ah that's a pain in the tits.

But there usually ain't much in the way of checkin of student cards at the SU bar, is there? Maybe there's more in freshers week I guess... Certainly, before 6 or so there's nobody on the door. But then you know all this, being a 3rd yr (which is what I should be, bloody failing stupid exams will be the death of me).

Can't even register yet, UCD won't give us our results til the 14th.
    F**kin joke.

• Advertisement

ye thats true, i havent really had any trouble before......aw seb, keep that head up, u'll be grand

anna20 wrote:
    ye thats true, i havent really had any trouble before......aw seb, keep that head up, u'll be grand
    Nah, definitely failed - p*ssed off that I need a stupid college to tell me what I already know, just so's I can register to repeat 2nd yr externally. Gonna have to go see JHJ next week and ask her what the procedure is for repeating.

Pain in ass.

Good luck gettin ur student card anyway anna.
    You coming to the next UCD boards beers on Friday?

didnt know there was one! u never know i mite pop down, in the SU bar i take it. what u studying seb, just interested

History and Politics.
    Passed History easily in the Summer, failed Politics by a massive 22%. And I know I didn't do enough to drag that grade up in August. *Shrugs*

The Beers is in the Student Bar at around about 1pm, but everyone's usually a bit late. There's a thread on here wit the info, called "Meet The Freshers".

Anyway, what subjects r you studyin?

i'm going into third B&L so its head down for the next yr!finals at xmas

• Advertisement

Seb, im majorin in history and politics, are they good?

whats politics like?

History's brilliant, and the department are pretty nice as well.
    Some really cool lecturers and sound tutors. Thoroughly worthwhile course if you have any interest in the subject whatsoever.

And Politics?

Run. Like the wind. It is the ghey. :(

****, lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

History is fantastic, if youve any interest in it youll enjoy 90% of it and get good grades with no problems.

Politics is awful, 60% of it is boring as hell and chances are pretty good (40% of my year) youll be repeating in the summer :(

yea i like history, but i thought politics would be interestin, thought international relations would be in it

Advertisement