Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Australia's Next Top Model on Living Saturday/Sunday

• 10-09-2005 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Heya, just came across Living this afternoon, and they're burning off 'Australia's Next Top Model' today (Saturday) and tomorrow (Sunday) afternoons in the run up to the launch of 'Britain's Next Top Model' on Wednesday.

Dunno why they've scheduled it so poorly and with no promos! I've started Sky Plussing the Living+1 eps to marathon watch 'em later :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

It doesnt seem that good the Australian one....i doubt the British one will be great! I dunno the Americans have a better knack for reality t.v.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

The American one has gotten a bit stale in the past two cycles - I can't see how cycle 5 will be any better, especially with Twiggie replacing Janice Dickinson (she ruled!)

I'll have a look at the Aussies later, but I'm hoping that the British girls are more willing to have catfights and that Living will be showing it un-bleeped. The confessional uncut thing on Living2 could be funny. Also, there's potential that the British girls will actually be judged properly by real industry people as opposed to retarded ex-models trying to appear caring in the run up to the launch of her chatshow - yes Tyra I'm looking at you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

The australian one is CRAP. The American one is soooo much better. And i was watching the audition tapes for the British one. And quite frankly i think its gonna be crap too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Just finished watching the Aussie Top Model final episode -- so glad that Gemma won, she was crazy but easily the best! :D She's like a prettier, kinda schitzo Katie Holmes hehe.

Gemma - Australia's Next Top Model 2005 Winner

Overall, I think the Aussie series was better than the American one in a couple of ways. Firstly I liked that the judges and photographers were a lot meaner towards any kinda of annoying behaviour from the girls - Tyra and co. always take a soft approach which wasn't tough enough. Secondly, the Aussies actually involved the girls a lot more in the judging of the photographs, and I think the criticism was more real (and nicely harsh sometimes), which tends to be lacking in the American series too. The girls also were in general quite naive and clueless about a lot of things whereas the US girls are sometimes a bit too 'clued in' based on watching previous ANTM seasons.

The American series was a better made, slicker series - prettier girls and better photo shoots with higher production values. The judges aren't quite qualified to judge the girls imo though, particularly Tyra Banks who just plain sucks.

The British one I think will probably be more like the Aussie one than the American one -- but as long as the judging appears balanced and fair, the rest is all negotiable.

And by balanced and fair judging, I mean 'letting the girls I like win' :p Kaylen was ROBBED in S4 of America's NTM!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Is Gemma the dog with the red hair? It doesn't look like her in the photo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement