Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer madness

• 10-09-2005 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

well nearly everyone is bck from their travels abroad over the summer. did anyone else go completely crazy in canada/america and buy a ridiculous amount of AE clothing? i have a sneaking suspicion everyone in college is going to have exactly the same clothes!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Pardon my ignorance but what is AE clothing? I did go shopping mad in both the US and Canada this summer. Even bought a wetsuit, in case I take up water sports ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Just found their website. Some alright looking clothes but too preppy for me. I'm not a follower so wouldn't wear any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

hey!who are you callin' preppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

My brother is just back from his J1 and between him and his friends they seem to have bought every single item of clothing in Abercrombie, American Eagle, and Aeropostale! Hoodies and shirts galore.

But isn't it the same in every single college? And hasn't it been like this since the dawn of time? Years ago everyone came back with Tommy Hilfiger and RL clothing, then it was all the Roxy and Quiksilver gear, and now it's the "luxury sportswear" brands. I know in UCD and Trinity a lot of the students looks like they're sponsored by these companies and there's always a look that a lot of the students subscribe too - short ruffled skirts and Ugg boots in the depth of winter in the Arts block in UCD is one that springs to mind from last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

FX Meister wrote:
    Pardon my ignorance but what is AE clothing? I did go shopping mad in both the US and Canada this summer. Even bought a wetsuit, in case I take up water sports ;)
    AE is American Eagle! I didnt go to America this year but i did order a bit off the net!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Didn't go mad in AE. Though Abercrombie was fairly poor tbh.

I guarantee there will be UCSB hoodies EVERYWHERE in ucd/trinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭anna20

besty is probably the preppiest person i have ever met. the word "jock" doesnt do him justice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Well my bro went to Canada and brought me back these cool sweat pants (sit nice on ass not saggy thank god!:D ) by the name roots...according to him there the eqivelant to Abercrombie.....so i dont know!lol!there cute so thats all that matters!

Jesus, 92 was like an AE/abercrombie catalogue last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This thread isn't anywhere near as mad as the title led me to believe. I'm dissapointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I wonder if American students that come here for the summer pick up lots of stuff from Dunnes and Pennys?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Sangre wrote:
    Jesus, 92 was like an AE/abercrombie catalogue last night.

It's generally like that anyway though.

No, this was so bad it was funny. Every single lad had an AE or abercrombie polo neck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

oh the madness :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭anna20

title enticed u into the forum though didnt it????? my plan worked.....

Advertisement