Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat results?

Options
  • 10-09-2005 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when they're out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

The lecturers have to have them in by the 5 Weds and they are posted on thursday i was told - so i presume Friday or Monday
    Eeeekkk waiting on two :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

They're due out tomorrow I heard.

PaulMcG wrote:
    They're due out tomorrow I heard.
    Grading Deadline Repeats are on Monday not Weds so after that i reckon. Ya could try ring the college or the particular lecturer tomor if ya really want them. I dont want mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Party Haven

as an expert on igrades and repeat exams (failed 2 in first year anad have done i grades) i can break the horrific news that exam results wont be out until the 26th. last year the results came out on the friday before college started back but more times then not they come out on the first day in college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

But wait... that's completely stupid. These exams decide if I fail or pass the year. Why would they drag us back just to send us home again? And how will I have time to register to repeat the year? Then again, they did expect people to get down to Limerick by 10 O Clock for the repeat exams, I live in Ennis and barely made it down.

• Advertisement

as an expert on igrades and repeat exams (failed 2 in first year anad have done i grades) i can break the horrific news that exam results wont be out until the 26th. last year the results came out on the friday before college started back but more times then not they come out on the first day in college

That sounds about right for the UL admin staff:rolleyes:
    Last year got a harsh letter saying i would be fined and kicked out of college unless i handed in my coop report,it was handed in weeks ago and i had a reciept and they looked at me as to say "you oh us money for our mistake". Suppose they have thousands of students to deal with so il lay off.Oh well - but we have to pay reg fees by the 30th so what up with that,not paying to them caus its non refundable and if ya dont pay you get fined!

What about accomodation then!?

Argh I really hope I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yeah, the repeats are badly organised. I had to repeat one when i was going into 2nd year and I didnt know if i got into 2nd year or not until the first day of 2nd year. But repeats have an extra deadline for registration... From what i remember, its extended back to some time in early october.

As for accommodation, thats a bitch. But unless you got accommodation after the actual repeat exams, it makes no difference.

Just did a bit of checking and as it stands

Grading Deadline Repeats Mon 12/09/05
    Faculty Exam Boards Repeats Wed 14/09/05
    Grading Committee Repeats (non-graduating) Thu 15/09/05
    Results available on-line (Repeats) Mon 26/09/05

:mad:

you could email the lecturer and ask about the exam. i emailed mine because of certain circumstances and he mailed me back saying i did fine ( im presuming from that I passed)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

Repeats are out the 26th of Sep. I.e the day you go back. apparently

I think I've already paid for accomodation. What do I do if I don't make it?

Also, if I email my lecturers, will they tell me what grade I got? I'm not sure it's a good idea though, as i'd probably do the QCA wrong.

No, they can't tell you your grade, only if you passed or failed.

Sure If you dont get back in, then stay down for the year and work. Enjoy yourself. Or else you can do a link in in whatever you didnt get, or repeat the year. It isnt the end of the world.

Just been onto my lecturer about my exams and was told my transcript is not in the pile for that showed up at the faculty meeting so i think im ok. Fingers crossed it the UL faculty meeting tomor for people who failed!

Must get started proper on my FYP :D

No, they can't tell you your grade, only if you passed or failed.

Sure If you dont get back in, then stay down for the year and work. Enjoy yourself. Or else you can do a link in in whatever you didnt get, or repeat the year. It isnt the end of the world.

My parents seem to want it to be. The amount of pressure they put on me is unreal. My Dad said he won't pay for me to repeat, and I'm not in a very good state for working last now, I had to end co-op early because I was on the verge of mental breakdown.

I could just about handle college if I was seeing a counseller etc.... But I really can't work for a year right now. So I really hope I pass.

then doss :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭natter

Can you see your timetable before you get your repeat results? A friend of mine is waiting on hers and got a wee bit panicky when she looked up her timetable and got a blank one!

No, I don't believe so. If you repeated you aren't assigned a timetable. But sure she can get them off a classmate when she goes back, or else go to Student Admin and get one assigned

timetables are out today on 19th usually if yours is up you probably passed thats what people say anyways

timetables are out today on 19th usually if yours is up you probably passed thats what people say anyways
    Had mine while doing my repeats so i guess thats just hear say! Although it was through another portal,so maybe.Time will tell.

Nukem

• Advertisement

yeah the proper link to timetables are up today thats why its meant to be through. thats why studnet services put them up today apparently. at the end of the day student services do what they want, so looks like all will have to be revealed next monday

Just checked mine and its the same so im taking it as a good thing:(

I got mine in the post today. Hopefully that DOES mean I passed repeats

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I got mine in the post today. Hopefully that DOES mean I passed repeats
    If it means the same as it would have done in pretty much any past year it means precisely squat I'm afraid.

I see this is the last time they'll be posting out timetables. Which isn't so bad as occasionally they're not all that accurate, especially wrt labs and those even-more-optional mini lectures.

Ah, if I go into 3rd year I'll have FOUR 9 O Clock starts. That's really unfair, don't they know that you generally don't dictate what time yougo to bed at college, your neighbours do? Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I have FIVE 9 O Clock starts!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭natter

cooperguy wrote:
    I have FIVE 9 O Clock starts!!!!!

Thats just not right or proper at all, there should be laws against such things.

It'd be fine if it was school...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 guber

Just checked the website there, the results should be up under 'sems' in the results page!!

• Advertisement

I can't seem to find the results page... all I get is the Module diet for 3rd year in student records. It says I must register for the modules... but I don't know if I passed yet!

Advertisement