Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Middlesbrough vs Arsenal

• 10-09-2005 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

1-0 to boro. Yakubu scored after 40 mins. C'mon Boro!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

2-0!! Maccarone in 59th minute! this result is taking away the disappointment of united drawing with City!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

2-0 rofl.

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Abel Xavier is a clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Lol OMG , there is a god after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

2-1 at full time! reyes scored in the 90th minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

what happened arsenal, they badly missed henry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

2 losses already for Arsenal :eek: The way the last two seasons have gone that's them out of the title race and it's only September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

they look toothless without henry. Im sure they will be back though.My team had a boring 0:0 against spurs, same old story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Arsenal never play without Henry. I wouldn't say they are a one man team because they are far from it, they have great players, but they don't know how to change their game when Henry is not there. If Arsenal want to make a serious challenge for the title this season, they had better hope that Henry doesn't get seriously injuried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

WTF happened there. Arsenal should have been 3-0 up after 20 minutes. and if only Cole caught that shot at the end perfectly then we might have gotten a draw. as for Cygan and the 2nd goal :mad: but Reyes scored a nice one

Chelsea will win the title this season again i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Apart from the first 20mins we were very average and always looking for the perfect goal (which isn't possible without henry ;)). We badly need a plan B, teams know how to beat us now and it's very evident as boro are an ordinary side.

Reyes was awesome, Cole played well, as did Lehmann (no chance for either goal, made one stunning save). The rest should be ashamed of themselves. Keeping Bergkamp on for the entire 90 because he was captain was ****ing stupid, he was truly dreadful today. The sooner Bergkamp and Pires are permanently out of the starting 11 the better.

Arsenal's first team should be:
    Lehmann, Cole, Toure, Campbell, Lauren, Reyes, Gilberto, Fabregas/Hleb, Ljungberg, Henry, Van Persie.

Ah Reyes was fantastic but Pires and Bergkamp still have it. We just need a leader- I thought Cole should have been made captain. I know the whole chelsea stuff but it's better in the longrun, henry is not a leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Arsenal have too many average players like Senderos and Cygan. I think that, with the loss of Vieira and players like Bergkamp getting older, this is the weakest squad Arsenal have had in a while.

They need someone to partner Henry that can take on the burden of scoring when he's not available.

Gangsta wrote:
    Ah Reyes was fantastic but Pires and Bergkamp still have it. We just need a leader- I thought Cole should have been made captain. I know the whole chelsea stuff but it's better in the longrun, henry is not a leader.
    Cole as captain? I'd rather the team was captainless.

And Senderos is one of the best young defenders in world football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Lemlin wrote:
    I think that, with the loss of Vieira and players like Bergkamp getting older, this is the weakest squad Arsenal have had in a while.

i agree.

just as i thought. Chelsea are likely to win the league. This premiership is becoming so predictable. United and Arsenal can't put it up to Chelsea but if anyone could, it'd be United. Loosing Vieira was crucial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

United haven't the strength in depth either. Just look at today. Ferguson rests Keane and Giggs, United draw. Jose rests Drogba, Duff and Makele, Chelsea still win.

Chelsea have the strength in depth to rest players that the other teams don't have.

Lemlin wrote:
    United haven't the strength in depth either. Just look at today. Ferguson rests Keane and Giggs, United draw. Jose rests Drogba, Duff and Makele, Chelsea still win.

Chelsea have the strength in depth to rest players that the other teams don't have.
    Not everyone can afford £50million worth of subs like chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Loosing Vieira was crucial.

Loosing Vieira is one thing but failing to replace him is catastrophic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

2 losses already for Arsenal The way the last two seasons have gone that's them out of the title race and it's only September.

Can you imagine how stupid that comment sounds to everyone else?
    Like seriously.
    They lost to Chelsea, omfg they are ****e.
    They lost to Middlesborough at home, without em the best player in the entire world(tm) Henry.
    And they are out of the title race?

Have you seen an entire season before?
    Weren't Arsenal ahead at this time last year?
    Oh wait, they were.
    Did they win? No no they didn't.
    Shush

You really demonstrate you knowledge of Man Utd by saying that he rested Giggs.
    The mighty last place Sunderland, compared to 3rd place Man City on the best run of their lives.
    Cry me a river.
    How do Chelsea normally do against Man City btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Seriously what has van Persie to do to get a starting spot. Every time he comes on Arsenal look like scoring. Playing Bergkamp from the start I cant comprehend, true hes a legend, and is one of my favourite players, but he cant last 90mins, and to keep him on as long as yesterday I cant understand.

Also what the hell is the point of playin Cygan, hes like Gary Breen, every time hes on the starting sheet ye just fear the worst. He reminds me of another cracking defender, Stepanovs. Hopefully Campbell will be back ASAP, and vanPersie starts on Wednesday.
    And we sign a tough tackling midfielder in the January market.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Loosing Vieira is one thing but failing to replace him is catastrophic.

Yeah, and the boy done good for the Old Lady today in their 4-0 thrashing of Empoli :)

theyve some team Juventus, seen them against Barca at the nou Camp.
    Have a few pics of the game, but jaysus Id say PV4, is delighted he left.

Roddy23 wrote:
    theyve some team Juventus, seen them against Barca at the nou Camp.
    Have a few pics of the game, but jaysus Id say PV4, is delighted he left.
    He's wanted to leave for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,914 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i'd say they're a bit concerned at Van Persie's temperament atm, as he matures, he'll start getting 90 mins all the time, atm he is probably too much of a sending off liability to start the matches, esp. as he can slot in to replace bergkamp when he gets tired toward the end.

Also, Arsenal may look like scoring when he comes on because the opposition are tired, and he's a fresh pair of very skilled legs. He might not have the same impact if on from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

but jaysus Id say PV4, is delighted he left.

Vieira did NOT want to leave Arsenal this season and was shocked that Arsenal were willing to let him go. Apoligies if that rains on your anti-Arsenal parade.

I still reckon we'll finish ahead of United but of course, we'll need Chelski to suffer some problems if we're going to regain our title.

elbow316 wrote:
    Vieira did NOT want to leave Arsenal this season and was shocked that Arsenal were willing to let him go. Apoligies if that rains on your anti-Arsenal parade.
    I don't believe that for a second.

Wenger's persistence with Bergkamp and Pires is becoming very frustrating, his loyalty to those two in particular reminds me of Sven. They have been really poor most of the time for a year now, but still get loads of chances, while the likes of Van Persie and Quincy have been outstanding in their small cameos but cannot get decent game time for love nor money.

Apoligies if that rains on your anti-Arsenal parade.

Elbow, are ye alright there. I support Arsenal and have done since i was a young fella. If you look at what I said you'll see that at no time did I say Vieira wanted to leave, but with the situation that Arsenal find themselves in and the way Juventus are playing at the moment, I would say he is delighted he left now.
    Juventus surely have a better chance of winning the Champions League this season (just by comparing squads), and this is the one trophy that Vieira is dying to get his hands on.
    In order for Arsenal to have a decent crack at the League or the Champions League I seriously think we need to invest in January, especially when ye see what a joke of a replacement Cygan is.
    On another note I'm happy with our left and right back places. Cole has serious competition from Clichy and, Likewise for Lauren who has Eboue, whom I was very impressed with in the pre season games.

Eboue is looking fantastic. I saw him play against France and was causing problems to their left hand side. Roddy I think you're right about Paddy. Also we do need to invest in the squad; a cb replacement, a tough tackling midfielder (why didn't we sign Jenas!?) and a striker in the mould of shearer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement