Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A perfect circle!!!!

Options
  • 10-09-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Just wondering? anyone listening to a perfect circle or tool

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

so which do you think is their best albums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

not at the moment, no,

I do like them though. Thirteenth Step is their best imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Tool - lateralus
    A perfect circle - thirteenth step

• Advertisement

how about system

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'd place Mer de Noms ahead of Thirteenth Step for sentimental reasons.

have you listened to emotive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

i thought that too for ages, but then it grew on me.

emotive is a load of bollocks. Awful covers of songs that were mostly awful to begin with. They watered down Passive (the live version that leaked onto the net a few years ago packed a much harder punch) and murdered Pet. Just not cricket.

• Advertisement

pet is better than before i know imagine might not be the best but you need to watch the video with it emotive is'nt that bad but personally mers de noms is my favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Didn't enjoy eMotive at all really. I'd have to agree with John2 about them murdering Pet but I quite enjoyed Passive. I'll have to have a look for the version you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Funnily enough, as soon as I clicked on this thread, the first track from Mer de Noms just started :)
    Love that album. Haven't got Thirteenth Step yet... but I will at some stage :)
    Tool... love Aenima. There's some songs on that which just hold so many memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I have to say that imagine is the only song i can remeber hearing by them and i thought it was quite good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wavin

plonk wrote:
    Just wondering? anyone listening to a perfect circle or tool
    tool are one of the best bands in the world.ive never got sick of listening to their albums.perfect circle are good but nothing compared to tool

tool are billiant but did anyone ever listen to pigmy love circus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes on both counts. For tool, Lateralus would be my favourite, and for A Perfect Circle, Mer de Noms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Skip

Lateralus, I'm listening to it right now.

And I know Mer de Noms and Thirteen Step, and while the first has great songs (about five or six) and not so great ones, Thirteen Step is just perfect for me. Never heard Emotive. I love the lyrics too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Must say that Emotive is very poor compared to Mer De Noms and Thirteenth step.

I really like APC but i've only listened to the album two or three times, it's that bad.

Only started getting into Tool. Only have Lateralus at the mo but am very impressed.

plonk wrote:
    tool are billiant but did anyone ever listen to pigmy love circus

Yeah and they did nothing for me at all. I can't believe that's Danny drumming, there's no expression or power. Just sounds like a pub band to me.

Whilst we're naming bands related to Tool has anyone here heard Peach? They were Justin's old band, Tool have covered them a couple of times. Some of their stuff is deadly (some less deadly).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

I don't think people should put Tool and A Perfect Circle in the same boat. Only for Maynard James Keenan and some of the unusual stuff off eMOTIVe they are completely different bands.

Both Mer De Noms and Thirteenth Step own.

Best Song: Judith

thanks for letting me know about pigmy love circus heard them once and was intrigued

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

They...murdered Pet.

Well it wasn't so much murder as crushing disappointment. :(

Yeah, i also think Mer De Noms is far superior to Thirteenth Step, which is devoid of any real darkness or emotion. Thirteenth Step is a great album, but it's rubbish compared to Mer De Noms.

And I have to say..even though Lateralus is an amazing album, I still prefer Aenima, crappy engineering and all. Again, far more depth.

Pet wrote:
    I still prefer Aenima, crappy engineering and all.

Crappy engineering on Aenima? Not on my copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

John2 wrote:
    Crappy engineering on Aenima? Not on my copies.
    compared to lateralus, aenima is very "student engineer"..ish

Thirteenth Step is a great album, but it's rubbish compared to Mer De Noms.

You are so right mers de noms is there best album but i like emotive but nobody else seems to

Opiate their first album with live songs on it is brilliant i wouldnt be the biggest fan of aneima but undertow is great on any occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

I cant fault any tool album at all.

Even Salival which isnt as good as their studio albums has some classics on it.
    Their cover of No Quarter is just legendary.

I cant really pick between Lateralus and Aenima, i think they are both brilliant.

Perfect Circle are almost as good, while I liked Emotive, its not a patch on Mer De Noms or Thirteenth Step, but you cant really go too far wrong with either of these bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Tool... love Aenima. There's some songs on that which just hold so many memories...

Stinkfist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

remember ozzfest. it's kinda an obvious choice but hearing parabol/parabola....... i just wanted to go ****ing mad!! one of the greatest live experiences of my life.

tool- lateralus
    perfect circle-13th step

Advertisement