Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A perfect circle!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

sei046 wrote:
    Stinkfist?
    Nah. H reminds me an awful lot of my ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

compared to lateralus, aenima is very "student engineer"..ish

Compared to Lateralus most albums sound very "student engineerish". Aenima still stands head and shoulders production wise over many albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fro46_2

i recently got my system back up and running (whata piece 0f ****) and ive been searching for tool songs to download. Tool rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

John2 wrote:
    Compared to Lateralus most albums sound very "student engineerish". Aenima still stands head and shoulders production wise over many albums.
    Yeah, but think how much better Aenima could have been if it was engineered as well as Lateralus.

Maybe it's a bad thing that I got Lateralus first, I guess it spoiled me..

I don't know, I still prefer Aenima to Lateralus. I listened to both today, what are the problems with Aenima? I think it sounds flawless on all scores.

• Advertisement

I prefer it as well..but there's just something about the sound. It's a bit..murky or something. Some might say that adds to the sound of the album, I'm not so sure. But it'd make my day if they remastered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I wouldn't entirely agree with the notion that Lateralus is a whole lot better engineered than Aenima. Both albums are brilliantly engineered in my opinion its just that Lateralus has a more modern sound and feel. If you listen to any album from today and then listen to another album from 5 years ago the difference in sound quality is nearly always noticeable. I expect their new album due to be released next year to be even better in sound quality than Lateralus. More than likely the same heads will have worked on all three albums as Tool seem to like working with David Botrill and co. so from an engineering point of view the approach should have been similar.

Or maybe I'm just ranting like most Tool fans I know who refuse to see any fault in them whatsoever!!! :)

Pet wrote:
    I prefer it as well..but there's just something about the sound. It's a bit..murky or something. Some might say that adds to the sound of the album, I'm not so sure. But it'd make my day if they remastered it.

Are you sure you're talking about Aenima and not Undertow? :confused:

Yup, I'm positive. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but there's something about the recording that's just not as good as Lateralus (and it's not the songs themselves).

Still boggled by it. Maybe I'm deafened by years of aural abuse?

Oh and just a by the by, I am after ordering Lateralus on vinyl. I'm sure the next 4-6 weeks will fly by!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

did ye hear about the new tool song
    if so dont bother trying it doesnt exist
    amatuers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Go and die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

APC - Thirteenth Step
    Tool - Aenima

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

man,im such an APC fanboy,like,i was pure into Tool for so long,then a friend mentioned APC and how Maynard sang in it so i went and bought Thirteenth Step one day,and its pretty much always in my CD player.Then one day i found Mer De Noms for 15 euro in Redlight Records - best 15 euro i ever spent!I probably like them over Tool, but just a tiny bit, Tool are still one of the most amazing bands on earth,and everyone I know absolutely loves them.

Yes, they both rock............................severely

Advertisement