Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traffic bought out?

• 10-09-2005 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been hearing stories that Traffic has been bought out by none other than Spirit. Really sad to see one of the best clubs in Dublin being bought out by one of the most god awful worst.

Is this true ? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i think its a load a waffle to be honest, heard it on ie-dance too. would cost sprit a fortune to buy traffic, and what would they use it for?? its big enough already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭skkatter

VinnyL wrote:
    i think its a load a waffle to be honest, heard it on ie-dance too. would cost sprit a fortune to buy traffic, and what would they use it for?? its big enough already!
    All the current clubs in Traffic (Electric City on Thursdays, Hospital on Fridays, D1 on Saturdays and Gravy on Sundays) are being asked to finish up their nights in Traffic by the end of September.

I don't think Spirit are buying Traffic but I've heard that they're going to be organising all the music for Traffic in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

skkatter wrote:
    All the current clubs in Traffic (Electric City on Thursdays, Hospital on Fridays, D1 on Saturdays and Gravy on Sundays) are being asked to finish up their nights in Traffic by the end of September.

I don't think Spirit are buying Traffic but I've heard that they're going to be organising all the music for Traffic in future.

That s completely crap! Traffic was the only venue to propose quality underground music in Dublin so far...Now it s gonna be all spirit s ****e.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Sucks indeed, but don't worry keep your ear to the ground becuase all those club nights will find they're new homes, and we'll move with them. Shame though i was quite settled with Electric City in Traffic after having my feathers ruffled being booted out of the Metropolitan to make room for an Irish Pub FFS.
    These promoters should get together and buy a warehouse out in Lucan where we can all party under one roof.

Having said that i can see why Traffic are giving everyone the boot, electronic music lovers don't make great drinkers, which is where they make most of their money. (Have you ever qued for pint in that place, even when its a suana ?) Ive never been to Spirit, but ive seen a fair few drunken louts outside to know their spending more money booze than i am. So it all boils down to money, Money the root of all evil, everyones compulsorary drug addiction, The less you have the more you want, and the more you have it, the more you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

if spirit just buys traffic to make itself bigger, it'll just be a bigger place NOT to go to to be honest...

is there any rumours about where the new EC might be??

• Advertisement
Advertisement