Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl Broadband and using a wifi router

• 10-09-2005 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

has anyone ever had this problem?

i just bought a canyon router from marxcomputers and i have ntl broadband.
    i set things up, i have wifi in the house but no internet connectivity.

it seems there's a block between the modem and router. the ethernet lights are on in both, so they are communicating all right, but the protocols are killing me.

the modem has settings for either dynamic, static ips or xdsl settings.

i tried both dynamic and static, but no go... :(

can anybody help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭cal29

clone the mac address of the PC that you had the cable modem connected to before

or leave the modem off for about 30 minutes or longer if you are in dublin 15 and then connect it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

tried all that.i cloned the mac address. when i go in device status, it tells me it is connected, showing my ip and all that stuff. however, i cannot get on the internet at all. i can see no blinking lights on the cable modem usually indicated on internet traffic.

i would think its something to do with trafic between the router and the computers? (happens with both wifi and wired to the router)

ive already suscribed to the newsgroups, but so far, hasnt been much help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭munzab

right. got it working. when i turned on NAT in the router AND turned off windows firewall, it worked.

Now, my big problem is, wifi is SO Slow. and its supposed to be a 802.11g router! lan connection is fine.

any ideas? im only using mac ip filtering....

Advertisement