Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT broadband waiting time?

• 10-09-2005 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

ordered this on wednesday (i'm not expecting to have it up and running next week) but can anyone tell me how long on average have people been waiting for the modem and things to be sent out to my house.

then is the line enabled before this or after?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I could have sworn the search function was back working!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyway it usually about 2 weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nope it's still down afaik,

thanks for the answer though

it working for me at the moment (very slowly mind!)
    Anyway the 2 weeks is up & running...When the modem is delivered the line is usually enabeled...

well tbh i thought you were being sarcastic in the first post, i then replied not checking the search function and then i tried the search and ironically it was down.

No probs.....
    Anyway I'm with BT myself since June ,havn't had any problems
    Good luck with it...

• Advertisement

yeh, it's the best around out of the eircom bitstream packages.

smart,ntl and chorus ain't in my area so i can't get them.

only thing that bothers me is the low upload rate other than that i like the product they offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Hopefully they wont make a balls of your bills like they have done to mine 12months on and still billing me even though they said I've been disconnected they won't release the line back to Eircom for Digiweb to take it over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

it took me nearly 2 months., but it should only be around 3/4 weeks.
    Keep ringing them as ask when your "go live" date is.
    This is when Eircom has switched the line over for use.
    They had to send out an Eircom engineer to my house to set up the line properly (at no charge).
    You'll get the modem within a day or two of that date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

6weeks and still counting..... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Cremo wrote:
    ordered this on wednesday (i'm not expecting to have it up and running next week) but can anyone tell me how long on average have people been waiting for the modem and things to be sent out to my house.

then is the line enabled before this or after?
    Ordered on July 15th, had to reorder since they fúcked up the first one.
    Modem kit arrived around the 23rd August. When I rang them then they said live date was Sept 1st.
    Modem wouldn't connect, so had to wait for line test, then for a new modem to be sent out.
    Eventually got new modem and got everything up and running last Wednesday the 7th Sept.
    So nearly 2 months for me.
    Has been working fine so far and their tech support were good if a bit slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I ordered on july 13th (i think), eircom wouldn't enable the line the first time, had to go through it all again, line is now enabled, just waiting for teh modem, probably another two weeks ..

9-10 weeks in all, now that's efficiency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

ordered mine by phone and told the man what trouble i had with IBB and that id recommend bt if it was better than ibb, so believe it or not my modem was sent out in 4 days by priority post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Charles Bronson

Just ordered BB+ today. I was told upto 15 days wait. The countdown has started. The sales girl seemed rather abrupt when questioned. She was brief with answers and made no effort to be friendly. I am left with questions I never got to ask. That's how it goes sometimes, Will see if they are true to there word.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Six weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Just ordered BB+ today. I was told upto 15 days wait. The countdown has started. The sales girl seemed rather abrupt when questioned. She was brief with answers and made no effort to be friendly. I am left with questions I never got to ask. That's how it goes sometimes, Will see if they are true to there word.

Feel the same way mate had many unanswered questions once I put down the phone some sales girl aswell, didn't seem to know her arse from her elbow if you ask me.
    I decided to fax over my order rather than let an post **** it up.
    Faxed over my Transfer Authorisation Form on last wednesday 7th Sept hopefully they won't take too long will post back once received, well I still have 1mb eircom bb for the monent in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

All I can say is keep ringing BT.
    1890 923 923 - go to sales team and broadband.
    I know the number off heart I was ringing it so much!

Keep asking for a go-live date and whatever has to be done until then.
    Been with them just over a month now and have had no problems since - a great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I have mine since last November. Never had any problems.

I waited about 3-4 weeks if I remember well. Line was live when modem arrived.

Good service and no complaints from here (though Metro is starting to look interesting - must wait to get feedback on reliability, customer service and de facto speeds).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

I ordered on 24th August. Getting through to the order status sales person is a nightmare, queue buster is dodgy at best, when they do ring you back its 50/50 whether they talk to you or hang up. My order was put on-hold because Eircom said the line already had DSL which is not true (the line was installed on the 24th August also, the only phone call ever made on the line was by an Ericom tech who tested it). Of course this was never communicated to me, I had to ring up to constantly check. I was told to ring Eircom, what a waste of time that was. Back to BT (eventually) and still waiting for something, anything to be done with my order. I know it's only been 3 weeks, but it's not a good start.

On the bright side it seems that when it does arrive it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Ordered mine in early August of last year, and had it by the start of September, they initially fecked up my order by phone...no trace of it, so I would say to keep ringing them, better to keep them on their toes, although that was a year ago now, maybe their service has improved regards signing up. My line was enabled before I got the modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I've been waiting 5 weeks now even though I was told less than 2 weeks initially.
    I'm a tenant so after 2 weeks of checking back with them and being told all was fine, the nice lady told me I then had to reorder and pay a 125 euro deposit.
    Idiots.
    I'm told I have a live date next week.
    I'm not holding my breath.

• Advertisement

going to ring them tomorrow (a week after the order) just to see how it's coming along.

i have to say the guy i was talking to (david was his name) was very friendly and knew his stuff, sometimes when you ring these places and ask how much their products are they say "bear with me" god i hate that phrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

I was waiting about 4 weeks. But DSL was live after the third. It's worth the wait though totally... Sweet speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

patch wrote:
    I've been waiting 5 weeks now even though I was told less than 2 weeks initially.
    I'm a tenant so after 2 weeks of checking back with them and being told all was fine, the nice lady told me I then had to reorder and pay a 125 euro deposit.
    Idiots.
    I'm told I have a live date next week.
    I'm not holding my breath.
    AS do I. Next Friday, had to chase them up like a mad thing!! Waited about 10/11 weeks in 2003, moved out and had NTL for a year, and now moved on again, and waiting nearly 6 weeks now! Will be 8 by the time I'm setup, if indeed I am. People on the phones are useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

-oRnein9- wrote:
    Feel the same way mate had many unanswered questions once I put down the phone some sales girl aswell, didn't seem to know her arse from her elbow if you ask me.
    I decided to fax over my order rather than let an post **** it up.
    Faxed over my Transfer Authorisation Form on last wednesday 7th Sept hopefully they won't take too long will post back once received, well I still have 1mb eircom bb for the monent in any way.

I contacted BT there a few mins ago to check status of my broadband transfer, turns out the fax number that I was given by sales person (over phone) doesn't go to correct department!!! well then why wasn't the fax forwarded to correct department? or why wasn't I given correct fax number when I clearly explained my request, so I am given a new fax number, will give another week have faxed form to the new number and then theyre gettin a roastin if I smell no progress.

See you next week same bat time same bat channell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

7 weeks, so far.

Initial order was never processed by sales team because of some problem with previous account details from when I had the BT BB trial. When my 'live' date came and went, I phoned up and a new order had to be placed. Then my line registered as being 'amber' which meant that I might not be eligible for BT BB at all. Still waiting for an engineer to call out.

I tried Smart before BT and they were worse for customer care so I'm only going with BT because I've no other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

I was looking for a new connection with BT, was told that I would be connected in 3 days and another 2 weeks for broadband. Rang up after two weeks and they told me the application never went through and they would have to do it again.
    Rang again the following week and same story so I kept ringing them for at least another 7 weeks and got many excuses application did not go through a few times, waiting on Eircom, Training problems in BT, and after waiting for 8 weeks to be connected was told again that the application did not go through that the application would have to be done from scratch so I asked for a supervisor, they would not let me talk to one so I asked for a team leader, they have no team leaders. They said they would escalate it to the supervisor, after waiting 4 days for the supervisor to ring back I rang them and canceled my application.

There customer service is crap, they don’t answer the phone with there name, you have to ask for it, they don’t have a clue what they are doing, they put you on hold and hang up on you, tell you they will ring back in 10mins and don’t bother to. They have no team leaders and the supervisors don’t bother to ring you back.

Would not recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

seven weeks and counting , they lost the posted btaf , lost the first faxed btaf ,just got the second btaf sent and received by a supervisor after lots of shouting and emailing
    complaints@esat.com got a standard reply but it had a name and telephone number
    Niamh Murphy 01-4327117 if anyone wants it
    after ringing the number and leaving a voicemail , a bt manager /supervisor rang me back and seems to have sorted it out ,fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

7 weeks and still waiting. But I am hopeful as it seems to finally be moving as of two days ago. Hope fully two more weeks max! *holding thumbs*

Great to hear that they sorted u out Fitzdragon :D

Advertisement