Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music downloads to MP3 players

Options
  • 10-09-2005 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Lads, I have a good question.

I recently downloaded some WMA tracks off www.wippit.com (never use this site :( ) and it won't allow me to copy this to my MP3 player as it is copyright protected even after I paid for it :confused: .

The tracks play fine on my PC but I'd like to carry them around.

Any tips? I'm well disappointed with the download scene.

Any good sites you can recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Sickner bud. Well i'd try burning them to a cd and then convert to mp3 or whatever your pref. is on ripping to pc again. Might or might not work, let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 jax frost

Nice one mate, I'll let you know.

Cheers for the quick reply ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

u could try convert to mp3...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 jax frost

Well now, you won't believe it. :o

I found this site :http://www.zittware.com/Products/CDMaster32/Tutorials/CopyProtected_WMA_to_MP3.html#tutorial%20customize which has links to free software that converts WMA files to WAV files. You then burn a disk of WAV files then CD Master helps you to convert them to MP3. Thereafter, copy to MP3 Player/CD etc and away you go! :D Well stoked.

Once you originally have the license to download the WMA to your PC in the first place, you can do all of this. If you don't it spits them out.

So let any frustrated person out there know this should they need it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I recently encountered the same problem after downloading tracks from iTunes......

After Googling for a few minutes I found a super free program called 'JHymn', which removes the locking and converts to mp3.

If you cant find it PM me and I will point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

jax frost wrote:
    I found this site :http://www.zittware.com/Products/CDMaster32/Tutorials/CopyProtected_WMA_to_MP3.html#tutorial%20customize which has links to free software that converts WMA files to WAV files. You then burn a disk of WAV files then CD Master helps you to convert them to MP3. Thereafter, copy to MP3 Player/CD etc and away you go! :D Well stoked.

That's possibly the most roundabout way of doing it.
    Any program like Nero should let you burn the files as a music cd then you can just rerip the cd using Audiograbber or something similar.
    DBPower Amp may allow you to just convert the WMAs to MP3 straight away without even needing to burn them to cd.
    Regardless of the approach you take, once you are required to convert the original files to another format you will lose quality.
    Moral is, try to find files that aren't crippled with DRM.

Advertisement