Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newer charter - Read before posting

• 10-09-2005 10:29pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok here is the newer charter for this Forum.Everyone read "BEFORE" you post.There will be no warning for breaking the rules you will just be banned.

Have a read of these and you will be fine

- Don’t link (in any way, shape or form i.e hotlinks, pics etc) to material which may be offensive or encourage people to do silly things. Examples? URL’s on where to get home piercing kits, genital piercings or tattooing. Be sensible.
    Perma-ban for this. (We have an extreme forum which you may request access to, more on this later)

- Try not to slag off other people’s tattoos or piercings. If it is a poorly executed piercing/tattoo fine, constructive criticism is ok e.g “shading could be better”, “placement is a bit off”. Common sense comes into play here again.

- Threads like “does it hurt to get X pierced/tattood”, “where/what should I get inked on my body?”, “how much is X to get pierced?” are frowned upon. We will lock them straight off. If you have a basic idea and have some decent links people will be more than willing to help.

- Asking for information on where to get pierced/inked when underage will be locked.

- As I mentioned earlier we do have an extreme forum for the more heavier side of things. (It’s pretty quiet to be honest). It is a private forum, if you want to talk about scarification, implants, suspension etc. request access. It may be given to you. Access is totally up to the moderators. If you post it in the regular forum it will be moved.

- If you misbehave you will be banned for a period of time and given an infraction. If you continue to be bold you will be permanently banned from the forum. A 3 strike system is in place for offences. For severe breachs of the rules a ban will be handed out straight away.

Further to this if you PM the moderator(s) who didn't ban you asking to be unbanned, we will add another 2 weeks onto it. Trying to turn us against each other doesn't work...

- Other common sense rules apply, no trolling, flaming, fighting with other users and all that jazz. No pervy or leery comments directed at people. Take it to PM if you must.

Newest addition (25/12/08);

- Causing trouble in this forum, for whatever reason is a bannable offence. This rule is really only taken into action in serious breaches of mis-conduct and is at the discretion of the moderators.

Thanks
    Richie, Will and DamoElDiablo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dizzybunny

im a nube but totally agree wit ya there:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bobdole

No you’re not a nube I have Tats but for some reason people tend to talk about them way too much. I totally agree with the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the clansman

Hellrazer wrote:
    Would you, for instance, post on boards asking what to have for dinner? You have your own mind, use it.

em people do......in the food drink forum

whats wrong with people asking where to get it done? someone with no experience or knowledge on the subject may wish to aquire the knowledge of someone who is experienced so as to get the safest/cleanest/best place for their tatoo. its a big deal and you will have it for the rest of your life...you want the best posible....of course whatever place you ask in will tell you they are the best

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

whats wrong with people asking where to get it done?

We`re on about people asking the question "Whereabouts on the body do I get it done??"

For places ie. Tattoo shops we have a stickied thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the clansman

my sincerest apologies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭GoldieBear

Sorry new to boards should have read the charter first, please close my thread re ankle tatoo please. Sorry again about the posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭the demon

hi all, am new to boards, could you explain what hellrazer means bt stickied thread for tattoo shops?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=264743

There you go--Most shops all in one convenient thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Skull_Collector

Totally agree!

Too many boards get bogged down with stupid questions and end up defeating the whole purpose of the forum..

Nice job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Willow-bird

K I'm new here and just posted a thread. I'm confussed now as to if it is ok or not, but if not please close it. I just wanted some advice from people with experience. Sorry. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

UPDATED!

READ OR SUFFER... or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

was thinking... could we get a sorta merge of all the info/posts we have on tattoo removal and sticky it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Updated with 1 new guideline

Advertisement