Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sigur Rós - Takk

• 10-09-2005 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up this today. Listened to it once and I don't know what to make of it. Yes it's Sigur Rós and I should be jumping for joy but I don't know. It just doesn't seem as good as their previous material. It's like they've watered down their sound which is surprising for me as with each release their musicianship gets more and more impressive and with the last release (Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do) they seemed to be going in a more experimental direction but instead they've delivered ( ) mark 2. I'll need to listen to it again methinks.

Oh and on a very plus side it is the most gorgeous sleeve I've ever seen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kitty Kat

I cant believe i was so dumb to think it was out on the 12th ! I heard hoppopplia i think it was and it definitly met my expectations, the review it got in Q was immense! Roll on the 11th of november!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

According to the one review I've read of it they're not doing anything new and it's ( ) but less dramatic or emotive, or something.

Anyone who's interested but dubious should try find their myspace page, which streams the whole album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I like it a lot. It feels warmer than (), I think it seems to have been influenced by Amina or the Album Leaf as well. That was my impression. One or two songsmy friend compared to wailing cats and to a degree I can see what he means. Good album though when you compare it to the mundane sh1t that's out there at the moment.

damien.m wrote:
    Good album though when you compare it to the mundane sh1t that's out there at the moment.

I hate that reasoning. That's no reason to listen to an album and surely you would expect better from sigur ros if you were already a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

goo wrote:
    and surely you would expect better from sigur ros if you were already a fan.

Don't be such an elitist twat. What kind of Sigur Ros "fan" are you by questioning the credentials of someone else.* Next you'll be saying sh1t like you were there when they toured with Von and played the backroom in O'Neills and all these new followers are not genuine. When they go and create the Music Snobbery forum you'll have my vote for mod.

Yes I do see the irony.

• Advertisement

It's a shame you don't put as much effort into reading posts as you do trying to embarass people while you "defend" yourself. You mentioned ( ) in your post, so how would I be holding my fandom over you when Takk and ( ) were the only SR albums mentioned in this thread previously?

What I meant was if someone really liked ( ), Agaetis Byrjun or Von then why would they bother with Takk if they didn't like it just because it's better than what's on the radio. My post didn't suggest snobbery at all, calm down mister moderator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I think what goo was getting at is that ( ) and Agaetis Byrjun were so good that to buy Takk purely because it's better then all the crap on the radio is a flawed argument. People should buy it because it's as good as those two albums (which, so far to my ears, it isn't). Most of the Sigur Rós fans I've met generally don't listen to the crap on the radio let alone buy it. If people were to buy stuff purely for elitism they would not buy Sigur Rós at all, they'd go for the Jonsi's collaboration albums with the Hafler Trio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i really like the album.. it's calm, easy to listen to. eveything i'd expect from sigur ros.. i really wouldn't have wanted anything different. but thats just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

It's a good, solid album. No massive stride forward for the band but I think the album as a whole is sequenced better than their previous one.

Has anyone bought the new album by Mew - 'Mew and the glass handed kites', apparently these guys are pretty good but I've never got round to buying any of their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

takk is a great album, better then ( ) in my opinion but doesnt scale the heights of A.E. but then again i never expected it to be, glosoli and milano are the highlights in particular for me. roll on nov. 11.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement