Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broadband bray query

• 10-09-2005 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

i've been out of the country for a few months but before i left i got an email off irishbroadband saying i'd be upgraded from breeze 1mb (e50 a month) to 2mb in the coming weeks.

skip forward a few months, i arrive home expecting this upgrade to have taken affect by now, but the speeds i'm getting appear to be rather crappy 1mb (434kbps up and 342 kbps down). basically i'm asking have people in bray on breeze 1mb been upgraded over the summer? i'm still paying approximately e50 a month for breeze 1mb. i've emailed irishbroadband countless times but never get a response.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

email=waste of time

call them tomorrow yes sunday they now have sunday support too not sure of the times call between say 12-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Chances are you were "upgraded", but speeds are pretty ****ty in Bray. Not enough bandwidth in the backhaul most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

I presume you have diconnected/reconnected power to your aerial? It needs a reboot to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

its been plugged out for the summer so its not for need of a reboot.

earlier today i was getting speeds slightly above 1mbps which shows to an extent i've been upgraded but mostly i've been getting speeds much lower than i normally got before the so called upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

Bray has gone to the dogs lately. I've been logging speeds in Testmy.net and they make scary reading. In the last week my averaged download speeds have ranged from 389kbps to 1128kbps. Uploads range from 112kbps to 402kbps. And that's on a 2mbps connection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement