Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What server everyone play at?

Options
  • 11-09-2005 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I'm playing BF2 retail and patched for the first time. Played the demo, liked it, got around to getting the game recently.

Where does everyone play?

I found NRG and FCA Irish servers, but both empty......I've spent the last few hours driving at insane speeds causing horrific teamkill accidents and breathtaking stunts resulting in even more teamkilling. :o Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

My name is IRL-HavoK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

usually the tig server, 82.195.136.136:16567, but since it became a 32 man server, it hasnt been as good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cool thanks, Ill give that a go tomorrow morning, too tired to play anymore at this stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

/me farts in the tig servers general direction :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

freddys
    just had one of the best nights ever playing on that server

Its a great game, but for the last year, I've been playing Soldier of Fortune 2, and there aren't many UK servers in 1.0. So I had daily pings of 170-220.

Playing last night, ping of 47.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

TIG 32 man, good craic, why did they half the player counts??

I played TiG there, great server. Had some connection problems so had to quit but was great fun. Will without a doubt be back on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I always get utterly **** pings to the TiG servers, and as such hardly ever play on them. I stick mostly to bamboo commandos, desert rats and that freddys house server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'd love to play on the same servers, but without a favorites list it's just a total pain in the hole. So I just play on the first fullish low ping server I find.

Shame really. Bring on the patch with a favorites list. (still in disbelief they brought out this game without)

LoBo wrote:
    I'd love to play on the same servers, but without a favorites list it's just a total pain in the hole. So I just play on the first fullish low ping server I find.

Shame really. Bring on the patch with a favorites list. (still in disbelief they brought out this game without)

Just quick connect to the tig server or I find a great server as mentioned above is Freddys house, easily found every single time. Good few Irish guys on there. The TiG server seems to be always deserted though....played on it with 2 Irish guys for about an hour last night, big map and only 3 of us, consisted of them flying around on a helicopter and me trying to shoot them down from afar. After a successful Sniper campaign they actually landed on me and killed me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Still wont let me connect to TIG server so I just play on any random server with a good few people and a nice ping from the ingame menu system( :eek: )

That is when I get a chance to get a game because these days I havent had a proper game in months!!

Most french and german servers seem to be ok and not many idiots on them but you still have a language barrier but I havent had a problem yet!! most say speak english or German/french and most people can pick up what Im saying anyway! :D (even if I cant)

Nelly, you not play in NRG server? I've seen it up, but never really active...in fact not seen it with anyone in it at all so far :o

I must give BF:V a try now thats ive finally gotten around to bf2...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

-Al- wrote:
    TIG 32 man, good craic, why did they half the player counts??
    Seemingly there was too much lag on the 64 player server, so they put it to 32 player :/

Nelly, you not play in NRG server? I've seen it up, but never really active...in fact not seen it with anyone in it at all so far :o

I must give BF:V a try now thats ive finally gotten around to bf2...

Usually check if anyone is on but never really and most of NRG are on later in evening then when I get a chance(which is usually for about an hour at 4) so I will just jump on random servers!!! add some of the guys from NRG onto xfire and you will be able to check when they are online!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I finally bought it at the weekend, after playing the demo for an age, and it's great, but I can't find a decent low ping server to play on.

I patched to 1.02 as soon as I got it, but I'm wondering now if that was a boo boo cos I can't find hardly 2 or 3 servers under 200ms, when there was loads between 40-70ms (which was great) when i was on the demo. did the patch bunch it for me?

Is there a better way to get to good servers than the in-game MP tool? I didn't install gamespy for fear of spyware (i'm told it's a complete whore for spyware), but now I'm wondering.

Also, does it play in a window like HL2? can't find an option anywhere.

oh, and can't get my parachute to work either. made a bit of a crater bailing out of a chopper when I realised i didn't have my controls set the way i had in the demo and couldn't fly it! messy.

oooh, and I'm loving the commander option. seems I'm actually quite good at bossing people around! oh, and bombing the crap out of people with an artillery strike, although if you're on a server with people who don't know what they're doing (and don't speak chinese/arabic) you tend to get them charging into the firing line just when you order an artillery strike leaving you with a few teamkills by the end fo the round.

great craic anyway, can't wait to get to a point where 133t gamez don't keep picking me off before I've done anything! of to get a headset at lunchtime to get the most out of it.

are there many servers running voip?
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The pings the in-game server browser gives have no bearing on reality. Ignore them. I use the all seeing eye myself. That said, the pings ASE gives are usually about 100ms higher than what I actually get in the game. I have all my favourite servers set up in it.

vibe666 wrote:
    I finally bought it at the weekend, after playing the demo for an age, and it's great, but I can't find a decent low ping server to play on.

I patched to 1.02 as soon as I got it, but I'm wondering now if that was a boo boo cos I can't find hardly 2 or 3 servers under 200ms, when there was loads between 40-70ms (which was great) when i was on the demo. did the patch bunch it for me?

Shouldnt have......I have no problems with in game browser and pings........try any of the UK servers and you should have good pings!
    vibe666 wrote:
    Is there a better way to get to good servers than the in-game MP tool? I didn't install gamespy for fear of spyware (i'm told it's a complete whore for spyware), but now I'm wondering.

ASE as mentioned
    vibe666 wrote:
    Also, does it play in a window like HL2? can't find an option anywhere.

No
    vibe666 wrote:
    oh, and can't get my parachute to work either. made a bit of a crater bailing out of a chopper when I realised i didn't have my controls set the way i had in the demo and couldn't fly it! messy.

Havent had this problem since patch.....check your key setup
    vibe666 wrote:
    oooh, and I'm loving the commander option. seems I'm actually quite good at bossing people around! oh, and bombing the crap out of people with an artillery strike, although if you're on a server with people who don't know what they're doing (and don't speak chinese/arabic) you tend to get them charging into the firing line just when you order an artillery strike leaving you with a few teamkills by the end fo the round.

these people are idiots......comes up on screen with huge red area showing where arti is hitting! drives me nuts this!
    vibe666 wrote:
    great craic anyway, can't wait to get to a point where 133t gamez don't keep picking me off before I've done anything! of to get a headset at lunchtime to get the most out of it.

are there many servers running voip?

not sure ASE should say

thanks for all the replies big nelly. didn't get the headset yet, but i'm sure i will. can you hear people using the voip if you don't have it set up yourself? i've not heard it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the ingame server browser is broken. it sucks up a lot of bandwidth to do a simple ping request so the pings it gets are biased because of the bandwitdh its using.

to get a more accurate ping reply only ping a few/set of servers, for instance in theserver name filter put: multiplay
    this will give you all the multiplay.co.uk servers
    then refresh it twice, you should get a better ping reply. also what it says in the browser is no bearing on what you will get in game, as your ping in game is heavily dependant on your pc just as much as your internet connection.

I usually just join a random server with the best pings. In some of the better servers I get a ping of 30-50. Last night in Freddys House I had a ping of about 70 in a server with over 60 players.

I find the in-game browser is actually fine, was dreading it when I heard all the stories, but I find it the exact same as any other online game I've ever played? :confused:

Anyway, I'll probably be on the TiG server from about 9-11:20 or so, if anyone is remotely interested.....unless of course, there is no-one on it, in which case I will most likely try NRG or FCA servers, failing that, Freddys House.

God, in Freddys House yesterday, I managed to teamkill about 15 people in my first shots of the match, it was horrific :o

ps - I really suck. :o

• Advertisement

God, in Freddys House yesterday, I managed to teamkill about 15 people in my first shots of the match, it was horrific :o

go mobile! :-)

Anyway, I'll probably be on the TiG server from about 9-11:20 or so, if anyone is remotely interested.....unless of course, there is no-one on it, in which case I will most likely try NRG or FCA servers, failing that, Freddys House.

see you there (to kick you a$$) :D

Yeah, I actually saw yourself Madrab in Freddys house :)

The teamkill was in that narrow Valley level, and I shot down a friendly helicopter full of troops and it was capturing a control point, so it was hovering low and there was a fair few guys underneath it trying to get abroad too... :o

Woulda been fantastic...had it actually been an enemy vehicle.

ANYWAY, hopefully see you later.....add me on msn if needs be :)

damn it something has come up, ahh well, tomorrow night?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Heh, our clan server is good enough ping-wise - Multiplay {AKS} server

85.236.101.39 - port 17167.

Do make yourself known to me ({AKS}Viriconia) if you drop in, I get lonely there sometimes :(

I'm going on now for some foostering.

Madrab, same time, tomorrow night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rumour has it that the TiG server will go back to a 64 player server :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

the_syco wrote:
    Rumour has it that the TiG server will go back to a 64 player server :)

I sincerely hope as it's been dead since the downgrade to 32.

Spear wrote:
    I sincerely hope as it's been dead since the downgrade to 32.

I joined today and was the only one. Had a great time in one the official ea servers though.....

.....seriously grown impartial to the us sniper rifle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The BTC server is by far the best around,lots of squads with proper teamplaying.
    Always very well adminned too with no BS going on unlike some clan servers where clan members teamkill you if you get to chopper before them etc.
    I dont have ip off hand but BTC Jonski is a member here on boards.
    Cant reccomend this server enough.

• Advertisement

D'oh!

there was a bunch of enemy troops holed up round behind a building so I tossed a couple of grenades in there to help out the other guys trying to get to them, but it turns out i did it just as they decided to all rush in with guns blazing, so ended up killing 8 nor 9 in one go, but half of them were on my side, so you're not alone in your n00bne$$ MI!

although I did do an impressive jump from a rooftop into a chopper that was hovering next to the roof with no-one manning the guns and took over the gunners position to take down some guys trying to defend a nearby flag, resulting in a capture where otherwise the chopper would surely have been taken down. I'm a war hero!

where's the battle recorder when you need it! :(

Advertisement