Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart

Options
  • 11-09-2005 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Yu-gi-oh!!!!!!! opinions?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

source: eirtaku.com

THE PLOT OF ANY GIVEN YU-GI-OH EPISODE:

Antagonist: Yugi, I have placed you in a circumstance where you (or, optionally, your friends) are likely to suffer mortal danger! Even though I could easily kill you with little or no effort, since I'm the sporting type, I challenge you to Duel Monsters! (Or, optionally, I'm so sporting that I've placed myself in similar mortal danger!)

Yugi: Oh no! I'd better hit puberty! YU GI OH! Now, Let's duel!

Yugi's friend who may or may not be in a dog suit: You can do it Yugi!

Antagonist: First I summon Easily Killable Monster in attack mode! And I set one card face down!

Yugi: Why would he use such a weak monster as Easily Killable Monster?

Antagonist: He doesn't realize that I only used Easily Killable Monster because my face down card is Incredibly Obvious and Debilitating Trap!

Yugi: It's obvious he has an incredibly debilitating trap! But I'll never know unless I rush headlong into danger, knowing it will probably give him the advantage! I summon Slightly More Powerful Monster in attack mode! Slightly More Powerful Monster, attack with Pretty Looking Attack!

Yugi's friend who may or may not be in a dog suit: Slightly More Powerful Monster is slightly more powerful than Antagonist's Easily Killable Monster, which is easily killable! This'll be a cinch!

Yugi's friend with some semblance of a brain: But his face down card could be...

Antagonist: That's right! My trap card was Incredibly Obvious and Debilitating Trap!

Yugi: Incredibly Obvious and Debilitating Trap!?!? It should have been obvious! And it's incredibly debilitating!

Antagonist: My incredibly obvious and debilitating trap is involved in a convoluted strategy that makes any strategy you can produce worthless! Hahaha! Now I'll sacrifice Easily Killable Monster to summon Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode! This monster will be kicking your ass, possibily for the remainder of the episode!

Yugi: Oh no! His convoluted strategy has made any strategy I can produce worthless!

Antagonist: It's no use, your strategies are worthless!

Yugi's friend who may or may not be in a dog suit: Oh no! Antagonist's convoluted strategy has made Yugi's strategies worthless!

Yugi's friend with some semblance of a brain: Yes, and since Antagonist's convoluted strategy has made Yugi's strategy worthless, Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode will be kicking Yugi's ass for the remainder of the episode!

Antagonist: Now that your strategies are worthless, I'll attack you with Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode! Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode, Flashy Ass-Kicking Attack!

*special effect involving darkness or optionally light*

Yugi: NOOOO! My life points!

Yugi's friend who may or may not be in a dog suit: You can do it Yugi!

Yugi's friend with some semblance of a brain: I'm not sure...

Yugi's friend who may or may not be in a dog suit: Huh?

Yugi's friend with some semblance of a brain: Well, Antagonist's convoluted strategy has made Yugi's strategies worthless!

Yugi's friend who may or may not be in a dog suit: You mean Antagonist's convoluted strategy has made Yugi's strategies worthless?!?

Yugi's friend with some semblance of a brain: Yes! In addition, Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode is powerful! Powerful enough to kick Yugi's ass for the remainder of the episode!

Yugi: All right, my turn! I summon Monster Who Can Save My Ass For A Round Or Two in defense mode!

Yugi's friend who may or may not be in a dog suit: All right! With Monster Who Can Save My Ass For A Round Or Two, Yugi can defend against Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode!

Yugi's friend with some semblance of a brain: Not so fast! Monster Who Can Save My Ass For A Round Or Two can only keep Yugi's ass safe for a round or two!

Antagonist: You think Monster Who Can Save My Ass For A Round Or Two can save your ass for more than a round or two? I play the Icing On The Cake magic card, as icing on the cake!

Yugi: *single bead of sweat* I can do this, even with his convoluted strategy making my strategies worthless...because I believe in the heart of the cards! *draws card* Yes! I drew The One Monster Out Of A Deck That Seems To Have More Than The Legal Tournament Number Of Cards That Can Counter His Convoluted Strategy That's Making My Strategies Worthless And Even Stop Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode From Kicking My Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode! With this card, which is one out of many, many cards, I can counter his convoluted strategy that's making my strategies worthless, and even stop Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode from kicking my ass for the remainder of the episode!

Antagonist: Come on Yugi, make your move so Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode can continue kicking your ass for the remainder of the episode!

Yugi: Are you sure about that, Antagonist?

Antagonist: What!?

Yugi: My turn! I summon The One Monster Out Of A Deck That Seems To Have More Than The Legal Tournament Number Of Cards That Can Counter His Convoluted Strategy That's Making My Strategies Worthless And Even Stop Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode From Kicking My Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode, in attack mode!

Antagonist: What!?!? That's impossible!

Yugi: Wrong, Antagonist, with this, The One Monster Out Of A Deck That Seems To Have More Than The Legal Tournament Number Of Cards That Can Counter His Convoluted Strategy That's Making My Strategies Worthless And Even Stop Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode From Kicking My Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode, I counter your convoluted strategy and stop your monster from kicking my ass for the remainder of the episode!

Antagonist: NO! Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode!!!!

Yugi: The One Monster Out Of A Deck That Seems To Have More Than The Legal Tournament Number Of Cards That Can Counter His Convoluted Strategy That's Making My Strategies Worthless And Even Stop Monster Who Will Be Kicking Your Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode From Kicking My Ass For The Remainder Of The Episode, use Deus Ex Machina attack!

Antagonist: NOOOO! I have been defeated...

Both Yugi's friends: Yay! We believed in you Yugi!

Yugi: Yes, and I only won because you believed in me...and because I BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's funny cos it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

brilliant analyasis but im addicted to it? very wierd

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Well you'll likely be pleased to hear that we've made a preliminary decision to hold a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament at EirtaKon.

I'll personally be steering clear but there seems to be demand for one, and "what the people want...", etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

God damn Yugi-Oh, Yugi always manages to pull out a card of his rectum that allows him to win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement