Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calzaghe/Kahn (Results)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭The Wicker Man

akindoc wrote:
    what do you expect lacys trainer to say?

"my fighter is too slow and not skilled enough to beat calzaghe" or, "my fighter was beaten by a great performance".

joe would get beaten by kessler (who he claims is not well known enough to fight, this was before he fought viet and ashira), tarver, johnson (who joe shamefully ducked twice by pulling out). I'd even give WOODS a good chance.

Oh,sorry i got it wrong, as did the whole world.What we actually saw last weekend was third rate club fighter Joe "i cudda bin a contender" Calzaghe getting lucky for twelve rounds against Jeff "bouncer/road sweeper" Lacy...NOT
    Mate nothing anyone says will cure you of your anti-Calzaghe bias,whats your beef ? Did he steal your bird or something?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

akindoc wrote:
    what do you expect lacys trainer to say?

"my fighter is too slow and not skilled enough to beat calzaghe" or, "my fighter was beaten by a great performance".

joe would get beaten by kessler (who he claims is not well known enough to fight, this was before he fought viet and ashira), tarver, johnson (who joe shamefully ducked twice by pulling out). I'd even give WOODS a good chance.

Kessler is pretty underated and would push Calzaghe all the way but I feel Joe would win a narrow UD .

However the Light-Heavyweights are **** , talent wise the division is even weaker than Super-Middleweight it's just that there more guys on that same mediocre level . Tarver and Johnson would both lose to Calzaghe , both overated decent fighters who happened to catch Roy Jones with dimished skills . It's been 3 years since Tarver faught anyone other than Roy Jones or Glen Johnson :D , yet he's able to go around calling himself the champ (despite Erdei being linear) and if he doesn't get a fight against a fighter from a different weight division he's porbably going to fight Johnson again . Who despite being 1-1-0 with Tarver was a little lucky in the first fight and was outclassed in the second , it would make more sense for him to fight Woods in a third fight (which will happen if Johnson wants it) than to get a shot at Tarver again .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Son I've been watching boxing for over 10 years and I've seen every fight that you've seen + more.

Wayhay, I've been called "son" for the first time since my school principal did it way back in the early 80's. All that Oil of Olay was worth it then.
    If you've been watching boxing for 10 years come back to me in another 20, then you'll be watching as long as I am now, but I'll have watched 50 by then, so...

And besides it's not about the length of time you've been watching it's about your attitude !!
    And who told you Lacy was the super middleweight Tyson? What retard was saying that?

People similar to you on other forums. People who don't actually know the subtleties and nuances of boxing.
    prime Jones would knock his ass out

Keep up the Americanisms, it just proves my point on where you're getting all your boxing 'knowledge' from.
    He's a guy who has ambition and is willing to travel to fight the best. He's done more in 22 fights than Calzaghe could ever do, and thats to show BALLS. Can you see Calzaghe doing that in his 22nd fight? No, he'd rather fight the bum of the month club.

Funny you should mention 22 fights cos that's exactly how many Calzaghe had when he fought Chris Eubank. My oh my, poetic justice or what ?
    In conclusion, you can continue to suck Calzaghes balls after this win, but real boxing fans know what he is all about.

Go USA, Go USA.... and REAL boxing fans RESPECT boxers !! All of them.
    Now go down to your nearest gym and try it out for a few sessions especially the sparring bit, then come back and belittle some of the bravest, hardest men on the planet.

Advertisement