Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ Tiesto - Adagio for Strings....

• 11-09-2005 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone else agrees that this song is the best of the genre in recent times? It's just so fcuking class! If anyone has any opinions on this or can suggest a song that is possibly better than this, i'de love to get it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Not sure if I'd call it "the best" but it is a good song. Not sure about your other question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I actually prefer when William Orbit did it and Paul Oakenfold played it for his final song @ Homelands in Mosney.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

William Orbit's version is better. Its more fluid, has better production, and sounds more epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it's alright i suppose...
    sounded ****ing immense when he dropped it at global gathering... but i find it kinda hard to listen to when there's not 10,000 people in the same room going nuts :p
    orbit's mix is definitely better for home listening

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Definitely one of THE best trance tracks in recent times! Great driving music too. That's why he's the world's most popular DJ - whether some people agree or not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Did Ferry Corsten not do a great version of it as well, or is my mind playing tricks on me? And for home listening, the original version (i.e. classical) version can't be beat (Search for Barber-Adagio for Strings if you want to get hold of it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jimi_t wrote:
    Did Ferry Corsten not do a great version of it as well, or is my mind playing tricks on me? And for home listening, the original version (i.e. classical) version can't be beat (Search for Barber-Adagio for Strings if you want to get hold of it).
    aye. he was one of the remixers of the William Orbit version.
    and couldn't agree more about the original version - it's prolly my favourite classical piece. (along with Pachebel's Canon, Moonlight sonata and Gymnopedie)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Tiesto last Essential Mix in August was quality would recommend a listen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

this tune is more than 2 years old

why are people still talking about it like its new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

tman wrote:
    aye. he was one of the remixers of the William Orbit version.
    and couldn't agree more about the original version - it's prolly my favourite classical piece. (along with Pachebel's Canon, Moonlight sonata and Gymnopedie)

I was alwyas thinking that moonlight sonata would make a great choon, has anyone ever done a dance version of it? I'm sure william orbit must have had a go?

• Advertisement
Advertisement