Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com going to the dogs?

Options
  • 11-09-2005 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered Super Mario sunshine and got Resident Evil Zero instead. Took a few emails to sort out (which is strange for them) and get what i ordered. Had to pay aswell to send it back.

I ordered Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap 3 days after ordering Super Mario Sunshine and a few days after that i ordered wind waker.

Minish cap never showed up so emailed them and they replied they'd send another copy out. They just sent me a email stating that they're sending a copy of wind waker. Wind waker isn't even 14 days from its order date yet.

How can they get it wrong so easily. I can accept the first mistake but two orders in a row fooked up, especially when my emails and their's clearly stated minish cap.

also their customer care team couldn't find my orders after i emailed them about mario sunshine, even though i gave them my name, address and the email address that i order with. Apparently cause my email came from a account (in work) other then the address i purchase with , they couldn't find my order or account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

they might have orders sorted in their database by emails, which is the only way that I can see they have a problem finding your orders

otherwise their actions are completly weird, I have heard at least 4 times more good experiences than bad with play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dermo wrote:
    they might have orders sorted in their database by emails, which is the only way that I can see they have a problem finding your orders

otherwise their actions are completly weird, I have heard at least 4 times more good experiences than bad with play.com

i provided the email address in the email so they could find my orders and they sent me a email asking for my name, address and email address. Which i had already provided.

I've used play.com since 2002 and have had about 2-3 missing packages since then which is pretty good considering i was buy as many games as retro ;) but i'm disappointed to see the service really bad lately.

I'm hoping that this doesn't become the norm with them.

Is anyone else having similar trouble with them lately? Maybe i have new staff processing my orders, fair enough, but its still annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I ordered san andreas on the pc 3 weeks ago, never turned up, said they posted a new one to me last tuesday, im still waiting on it. But they were fairly sharpish sorting it out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

I ordered Super Mario sunshine and got Resident Evil Zero instead.

They were doing you a favour :P

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I ordered GTA SA and Battlefield 2 on friday 26th August, I received San Andreas the next thursday 1st September but still havn't received battlefield 2 must email them tomorrow as the 14days is up since last friday.

Ah the hastle why don't they bundle your order if you order more than one item at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

-oRnein9- wrote:
    I ordered GTA SA and Battlefield 2 on friday 26th August, I received San Andreas the next thursday 1st September but still havn't received battlefield 2 must email them tomorrow as the 14days is up since last friday.

Ah the hastle why don't they bundle your order if you order more than one item at a time.

better 1 game going missing then both

never really hada problem with them, except once when i orderd lotr: rotk special edition never arrived, so emailed them and they sent out a replacement, a week later 2 copies arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I ordered Chronicles of Riddick for the PC 2 months ago and it still hasn't come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

wow i wouldnt have waited that long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Don't blame Play.com, I've been ordering off of them since they started and I was still living in England, blame An Post, they're the culprits here. They get a first class package from England and due to their beligerence they treat it as second class, explaining why it takes so long to get from Jersey to here, as it's longer in the postal system here it's more likely to go *cough* missing *cough*. I asked Play.com and they said their parcels are registered as arriving in Ireland at most two days after they dispatch them from Jersey, so An Post take up the extra week it takes to get to your house.

Regarding the wrong game being sent, that's Play.com's fault, but missing parcels.. nope

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Exactly what laguna said..

Its the postal services and the fact that by law they have to print the type of goods and the friggin price on the front of the envelope basically saying "ROB ME MR IGNORANT POSTMAN" - THe messing up of the orders happens when they are stacked in the incorrect place - its a fully automated warehouse, machine finds it, packs it, prints the label and sticks it to the package and places it in an outbox..easily done considering the massive amounts of stock they have.

In case y'all are wondering - gf used to work for them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Yeah i'd have to go with the suggestion that it's not play.com's fault.

I've ordered a lot of stuff of them and they've only made one mistake out of countless orders placed (sent me Mastodon-Remission when i ordered Mastodon-Leviathan, didn't have Remission anyway so it worked out okay anyway so i let it slide).

Thing i have noticed is that they can post multiple items on the same day and some will arrive anything up to a week apart. That'a got to be the postal systems fault i reckon.

I don't blame them for missing items. Thats the name of game when you order online but sending wrong items on 2 orders in a row is just crap tbh.

Also i have order items of ebay from the uk and they have been shipped with 1st class post and i have received them in 2-3 days, so you can't fully blame an post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Postal system's luck of the draw. Sometime's is suprising fast considering the logistics. Other time's it's frustratingly slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Just to let you guys know this is the email i got of PLAY.COM after waiting a few weeks

"
    Unfortunately we have been unable to fulfil your order as we are currently
    unable to send games equipment internationally. Due to a system error your
    order has been processed.

We have refunded the debit/credit card currently on your Play account for
    the order which will appear over the next 3 working days.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused in this
    matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind regards

Play "

Nice of them to let me know with a cancel email nearly 3 weeks after i ordered the thing. Won't be doing business with them again to soon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have to say that I think it is An Posts fault as well. When I order somethin online and it doesn't arrive the company usually send another copy out. However when I ordered with playasia they do it a bit differently. They use the tracking of the post to investigate the post offices that the missing package was in and if it isn't found in 2 weeks they send another one. 5 days after playasia told me they would investigate the post office my game arrived.

As for Ozeire, it is your own fault. They state on their website that they do not post gadgets and computer equipment outside the UK. It's a problem with customs that they don't do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've been using them for over 4 years and have ordered over 200 items from them and I've only had problems twice.

I find they don't respond too well to emails, you'll get things sorted a lot quicker and more efficiently if you give them a call.

I've been using them for over 4 years and have ordered over 200 items from them and I've only had problems twice.

I find they don't respond too well to emails, you'll get things sorted a lot quicker and more efficiently if you give them a call.

Yeah that seems to be the best thing to do.

I don't blame them for the lost package as these is beyond there control but sending wrong packages can be annoying especially when it takes some effort to sort out the first package.

They emailed me today and have refunded me £1.60 for the minish cap and sent another. Erm.... i think thats to post back the wrong zelda one they sent. I'm bascially more annoyed that its twice in a row i have to queue up in a post office on lunch break to post back a wrong item.

I hate post offices...... the queues take forever :mad:

Advertisement