Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Spiderman 2 Umd!!! For Everyone!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I registered about 10 days ago, nothing yet, maybe tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I only registered today and by the sound of things on here they are all out of spiderman...

Hakko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Nah, if you've registered you can see it and it's pretty legally airtight;

they offered us spiderman 2 to register. We did. Even if we imported they accepted the registration. Not our problem, give us our web slinger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

indeed
    when they run out of them, them remove spidey from the page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i registered at 2am after i got my psp. still nothing... someone mentioned 28 days, which sounds about right, considering it's an all-european offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

i know a person who has imported psp like me and got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I smell somethin fishy about this. But could the almighty Sony decieve us all? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Mossy Monk wrote:
    indeed
    when they run out of them, them remove spidey from the page

aye...this would be my opinion too.

however i noticed an ad in a magazine that stated that this was offer was only while stocks lasted. :(

If the stocks run out then they have to take it off the registry page. I was sent a notification to say that I was a memeber etc. I certainly wouldn't appreciate the legal implications of offering people something to register and then not sending them it. That would be a crying shame... legally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The model number of my PSP isn't listed on their drop down menu...

booo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Loobz wrote:
    I smell somethin fishy about this. But could the almighty Sony decieve us all? :eek:

I think they are just trying to push the UMD format. By doing this, people who might not have bought a movie will now see one on their psp and want to buy more. This is just one of the marketing techniques they are trying. I read yesterday that they may be even putting games on UMD movie discs in an attempt to lure more users to the format.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Cabelo wrote:
    If the stocks run out then they have to take it off the registry page. I was sent a notification to say that I was a memeber etc. I certainly wouldn't appreciate the legal implications of offering people something to register and then not sending them it. That would be a crying shame... legally.

Ah for goodness sake - its a freebie so

(a) be patient - these things always take up to a month - it takes a week for amazon to get something to you and thats after you paying them ;-)

(b) if they run out, they run out - there's no need for legal recourse after all no money changed hands and you didn't buy the psp for the freebie. I can imaine it being a bit of a PR problem but can't imagine Sony's lawyers shaking in their boots...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ah...but i only signed up for the freebie.

i don't get my spidey 2... i want my details deleted from their databases :)

parsi wrote:
    Ah for goodness sake - its a freebie so

(a) be patient - these things always take up to a month - it takes a week for amazon to get something to you and thats after you paying them ;-)

(b) if they run out, they run out - there's no need for legal recourse after all no money changed hands and you didn't buy the psp for the freebie. I can imaine it being a bit of a PR problem but can't imagine Sony's lawyers shaking in their boots...

Of course you're right sure, and it's not me who's getting all up in arms about it. I just thought I'd post something to cheer up the kids who felt like their's would never arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

got the spiderman2 umd in the post today and it comes with a proper case unlike in the US where it just came in a cardboard slip. I have a 1.50 from canada and this european umd movie is working with the umd emulator ;) , so a region free psp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

got the spiderman2 umd in the post today and it comes with a proper case unlike in the US where it just came in a cardboard slip. I have a 1.50 from canada and this european umd movie is working with the umd emulator ;) , so a region free psp!

I signed up the day the psp was released and I aint got anything yet. What was was in the 'pack' ?

what i was expecting, the film and a piece of paper(about the yourpsp site etc).

Probably should have done this first! but i didnt for some reason. I tried the spiderman 2 umd with the umd emulator program first and it worked so i thought the program made my psp region region free, but im after trying it without that program and film still works. So either the program is still in memory or the spiderman 2 umd is region free. Hopefully its the former :( , i'll have to rent out a movie to find out.

The UMD Emulator (in my experience) doesn't let you play the UMDs that need 2.0 to play. It will let you cross over regions though :)... if anyone can make my PSP play Resident Evil without updating I'll love yer.

I got my Spider-Man 2 UMD in the post today. Hurah :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

no sign of mine yet. *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I got mine yesterday. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

how long did it take lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

jcoote wrote:
    how long did it take lads

I registered on September 1st. Still haven't got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i registered on th 9th i think so i still have a bit of waitin to do :(

I registered the day I got it ( day of release ) and got it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

mine arrived yesterday. I registered my jap psp on 1st septmeber, the movie plays fine without any firmware requirements :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Got mine just now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

next week hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

hopefully will get mine any day now, but when i reg online no page cam up saying that it was being sent out, some people said you should, but i did get an email saying that it was sent out, so is that ok?

Advertisement