Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So...how's season 2 shaping up?

• 11-09-2005 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

As you know I'm waiting for the show to hit the screens *officially* (along with a few other die hards :p ) over here so I haven't been reading the reviews/spoilers in the forum intentionally. However - I'm just wondering now that season 2 is well underway - what do people think of it.

Good / bad?
    Pace?
    Storyline?
    Quality?

Please do not use any spoilers or give away any key plot points, but I'd like to know if it's kept up the same energy and dramatic content as season 1, of if it's loosing it's way to corporate pressure and bland programming.

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

c0y0te wrote:
    of if it's loosing it's way to corporate pressure and bland programming.

All the humans were replaced by Cylons and now behave uniformingly. I think it brings a consistency to the show. In addition, they now wear snappy business suits at all time while on deck. Except for Apollo, who wears a blue shirt with a white collar and has a tissue sticking out of his suit pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

c0y0te wrote:
    of if it's loosing it's way to corporate pressure and bland programming.

c0y0te

Hmmm I think it's fair to say that the product placement has become a tad too blatant, the trip to planet CokeColaonian was just a completely unneccessary subplot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Anyone else got an opinion or am I doomed to read this tripe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

i'd sum it up so far by saying....bleedin deadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

c0y0te wrote:
    Anyone else got an opinion or am I doomed to read this tripe :rolleyes:

just messing with ya, my g/f saw serenity and refuses to divulge even an opinion on the series.

My opinion it's solid, it's kept up the pace excellently, it's one of the few series out there that just has this kudzu of potential plot strands and ideas that it could go in, nice character develop strong plots, solid pacing. Really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

mycroft wrote:
    just messing with ya, my g/f saw serenity and refuses to divulge even an opinion on the series.

My opinion it's solid, it's kept up the pace excellently, it's one of the few series out there that just has this kudzu of potential plot strands and ideas that it could go in, nice character develop strong plots, solid pacing. Really enjoying it.

kudzu
    n.

An eastern Asian vine (Pueraria lobata) having compound leaves and clusters of reddish-purple flowers. It is grown for fodder, forage, and root starch, and is a widespread weed in the southeast United States.

Its a plant?

Naw only messin I get the whole strands thing. Still tho Kudzu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm still loving it. Some great moments and inspired ideas. Occasionally the pace can seem a little off, although as I watched the first 5 eps in 2 days, then caught up with the US and had to wait a week for each new episode I may not have the best perspective of pace.

Overall the storyline apears to be well thought out so I'm still hopeful that Moore has a full arc in mind with beginning, middle and end. It still keeps you guessing about what is going to happen and it throws some great curve balls on occasion. I can't say I'm a fan of every plotline but perhaps when they move forward I will appreciate them more.

It's definetely still one of the best things on tv at the moment, or possibly the best - I can't think of a single other program currently showing that gives me butterflies at the opening credits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

mycroft wrote:
    Hmmm I think it's fair to say that the product placement has become a tad too blatant, the trip to planet CokeColaonian was just a completely unneccessary subplot.

And what was up with
    Boomer's baby being wrapped in a Mothercare blanket
    ?
    I can't think of a single other program currently showing that gives me butterflies at the opening credits.

It's so true, I get all tingly when I hear the distinctive opening percussion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

In short, season 2 is fantastic, but still has a long way to go to surpass season 1.

Advertisement