Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paramount change?

• 11-09-2005 11:29am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen this add on Paramount that says "Paramount is Changing, September 19th"?
    Anyone know what it's about? I'm guessing it's becoming Comedy Central, given that they're owned by the same people, but isn't there already a Comedy Central channel broadcasting in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

where can one get Comedy Central in Ireland

seems to be no difference in the schedules for Paramount on the 19th so whatever this change will be, who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, they are showing ads for "South Park: Begins" and "Trailer Park Boys" for september 19th and the idents in the ads are different to the common rectangle/suare ones. I don't think it will change to Comedy Central as they've just launched "paramount +1" on Sky and they probably would've waited if they were going to change the channel name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

They say they are showing all the southpark episodes back to back. That would imply them all but really they're only showing something like two a night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I bet its just mixing the shows between paramount 1 and 2!

BUT if anyone from Paramount are reading this....

PLEASE, PLEASE

Put/keep King of Queens, Seinfield and Frasier in Primetime
    Put The daily show, out everynight (just take tuesdays US showing and show it the weds)
    Show Lewis Black and whatever other US/Irl stand up specials you have
    AND keep UK stuff off Paramount 1

P.S, do whatever u want with paramount 2!

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Paramount 1 and Paramount 2. whats the difference seeing as most people receive both

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I second The Daily Show idea, and push for Chappelle Show too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I haven't noticed any difference, except they've added Paramount+1 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd love to see the chappelle show aswell,

i'd move south park to around 12 at night as i'd love to fall asleep watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yes, sorry i forgot the Chapelle show, and weekend at the DL!

Um.. Chorus Cable (and ditital) dont get Paramount 2
    You need Sky ditial!

Advertisement