Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Bill Cosby funny?

• 11-09-2005 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me? Am I missing something or is this man the least funny person ever to appear on television?

I'v never liked anything he has featured in. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The important thing is that "he" thinks he is funny. Everyone else is laughing at him, not with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i thought the cosby show and fat albert where deadly tbh...the kits family guy did of him were brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cosby has'nt been funny since about 1975.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

no way thats deadly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Am I missing something or is this man the least funny person ever to appear on television?

Steve Martin. Listen to "Hissy Fit".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think he's funny when you're about 10years old and you'd think "hey! it would be nice to have a dad like that".

Then (like so many things) you rewatch it as an adult and think "I can't believe I was ever impressed by that assclown"

(btw, mike65 were you born in '65 cos if you were then that would seem to fit my theory perfectly!)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Thordon wrote:
    Brilliant! Fúcking brilliant! Attempt suicide in it!! So funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bill Cosby is not funny, never was and never will be

i wasnt around pre 1975 so cant comment on his hillarity then but 1980 onwards :mad: :mad:

i'll take a look at that newgrounds thing when i go home to my broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

jcoote wrote:
    i thought the cosby show and fat albert where deadly tbh
    But if you watched the Cosby Show now, would you find it funny? If there's any laughter evoked by the Cosby Show, the eponymous 'star' doesn't evoke it IMO. I remember the Simpsons featured him, they were paradoying him though, which was funny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I like the cosby show, too bad it wasnt on RTÉ over the summer like last year! :( ... that was great that it was on everyday

I was just listening to a stand up of his (for the first time) ... he is good, he was talking about his trip to Mexico!

One bit he was like I went to greece, and a guy in the audience cheered and said he was from greece, then Cosby asked what island was there a mountain that you ha to climb a mule and it was all steps the whole way up!
    The audience were shouting Greek islands at him and he was like 'no, that wasnt it', and stuff, then someone shouted Cyprus "Ahh, that sounds like it, thats the place DO U THINK I WOULDNT REMEMBER CYPRUS YOU FOOL", and then he says "It was some plce in Greece, umm... oh wait no... it was Egpt"

LOL, he was really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

the cosby show is brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I don't find Bill Cosby funny......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Did Cosby not used to rule as a stand-up back in the day? Uncontrollable swearing, filthy jokes, wearable sweaters... I may be mixing him up with someone but I think there's a whole other unHuxtable side to him not many of today's whipper-snappers have seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I know when I was around 9/10/11 years old the Cosby show was one of my favourite programs, I used to laugh my head off at it but I haven't watched it as an 'adult' so don't know what I'd think now tbh! I must try catch it if they repeat it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Really? because I thought it was called "Kids say the Darndest Things",not old black comedians won't shut the hell up!-Stewie Griffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did Cosby not used to rule as a stand-up back in the day? Uncontrollable swearing, filthy jokes, wearable sweaters... I may be mixing him up with someone but I think there's a whole other unHuxtable side to him not many of today's whipper-snappers have seen.

True but he gave that up back years ago as I alluded earlier (nothing to do with my age in 1975!), signed a deal with Coca Cola and went mainstream.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Big fat NO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nope, well not now anyway, maybe when I was a kid but I can't remember ever laughing at anything of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Pokemon? with the poke and the mon and the guy who throws the thing and make a fool gabagabh gabaha hgdhyna.

Did anyone see "Eddie Murphy:RAW?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

No

Advertisement