Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] Single room available - Lots of details/info.

Options
  • 11-09-2005 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

One of my housemates has moved home to Norway so there's a single room going in my house - I'm painting it at the moment and fitting new carpet this evening. The room is available immediately (well, as soon as the paint dries).

It's a 4 room house with its own pro's and con's....The house is located on a very quiet street in a mature area of Dundrum, literally 5 minutes walk from the Balally LUAS station and the new town centre. It's also just over a mile to the Dundrum/Ballinteer M50 interchange and the same to Sandyford industrial estate. That means you can be in the city in 20 minutes or onto the M50 in minutes for travelling further afield. There's 'some' driveway space too but as we're at the end of a cul-de-sac there's plenty of safe onstreet parking for bigger cars and visitors.

The 3 of us are easy-going professionals and are not neat freaks - The house is always clean but with our busy lifes we don't have time to go around arranging the cushions 'just so' during the week. Late Sunday morning is when we'd usually all muck in to give the house a good once over for the coming week. There's no official cleaning rota - Just a reasonable expectation that everyone will do their bit to keep the place presentable - If it starts getting out of hand I call the shots to get the place sorted....I'm the primary tenant so if things are going arseways I have to lay down the law.

I'm getting a tumble-dryer in at the end of the month and the bathroom is scheduled for a refit in a couple of months (the landlord is a plumber but had an accident recently so he's only getting back to work now). Yeah, that's one thing - There's only one bathroom but it's not been a problem before - We're all leaving at different times in the morning so there's usually never a big demand for facilities at the same time!

I guess the usual information would be helpful too:

25" TV & DVD with standard NTL cable, GFCH, House Alarm, 2 Fridges, Chest freezer, Electric Shower, Washing machine, Microwave etc. Irish-Broadband ripwave (Fine for email and general browsing, crap for downloads) at the moment but we're looking at getting something else in the near future. No Landline and we will NOT be getting one.

Deposit is 300, rent is 300 and bills are usually around €25-€30 each per month (Split 4 ways - No arguments)....Rent due on the first day of the month and bills as soon as they come in.

We're looking for someone who's either a working professional (20-30ish) or a final year student (No lazy arsed mammy's boys) looking for a relaxed and generally quiet place to live. Guests are welcome to drop by in the evenings or stay over at weekends but during the week we all like to have the place to ourselves so we can relax after work or study with some peace and quiet in my case....

If you're interested or know anyone who might be, PM me with your contact number and I'll give you a call.

Cheers,

Gil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I could be interested. How long do you recon it will take to get to DIT on Bolton street from there?
    I'm a student (starting 1st year) but dont concider my self a mammys boy at 22.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Jozi: It could be a bit of a trek I reckon - You're looking at 20 minutes to Stephens Green and a long walk across town down Grafton St., round College Green, across the liffey and up O'Connell St. or else jump off the LUAS just across the canal and take a the number 16 up to Parnell Sq....It could easily take an hour to get there in the mornings. To be honest, it might be a little too much but it's up to you of course - I wouldn't make the trip myself.....I reckon our place would suit UCD (15 mins by bike, 30 mins walk), TCD (25 mins including the walk) or Kevin Street (20-25 mins including the walk) students a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Yeah thats a bit of a long trek. I think ill pass on this one (as desperate as im getting for accom).
    Hope you find someone suitable.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

No worries - I've checked with the landlady and I got it wrong on the rent anyway - €350 per month is what she wants for the room.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pia-Henrike

Gil_Dub wrote:
    No worries - I've checked with the landlady and I got it wrong on the rent anyway - €350 per month is what she wants for the room.... :o
    Hi,

I'm looking for somewhere to stay for three months and your place sounds perfect. I'm 26 years old, a postgraduate student and I think quite easy to get along with. I'd really like a place that is quiet but sociable. Up to now, the fact that I only need something for such a short period has turned out to be a bit of a problem though... Well, let me know if you're interested...

Cheers,
    Pia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

Suitable for a 3rd year Aungier St student? I'm interested.

Advertisement