Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J.C. Results!

• 11-09-2005 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

Results are a comin and I no longer fear hell!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I would honestly prefer to not get the results. The only consolations are that I'll get to see how much I kicked ass in Maths and that we'll get the day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

I'm actually looking forward to getting them.. yay, only three days now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Let's face it, you're all going to do amazingly well, not be surprised inside and then claim you did no study at all and that you are surprised.But fair fecks to ye all, yaz deserve it seeing as you're talented and all that.Have a good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

you need a good slap if youre worried about the results, theyre worth nothing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

They do matter, if you've worked hard and doing well means something to you then they matter. Good luck to y'all anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dearv

Unfortunately in my skool we dont get 2 enjoy the nite cause they bring us away camping to the middle of nowhere for 3 days half an hour after we get our results !!! Boo erns:(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CONOR!!! f...

days off!?!? camping trips!!!?? what!?!? i go into school in full uniform at 9, get the results at 11 and go back to class after! and the next day im to go in at 9!! no way! though i wont...its the principle of it all. my teachers think i'll be in wicklow! ha. im in 2 minds about this whole results day thing. i do and don't want them. i know i did terrible in a couple. ah well! sadly a life of brian quote comes into this...."always look on the bright side of life!" (life of brian.)

*kicks self for using quote*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

My school told us we had to be back after lunch. I wasn't.

We get the day off on Wednesday (T.Y.ers only though) but out principal sent out a strongly worded letter warning that a, "dim view," would be taken of any boy not in school the following day. Idiot. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

The only excuse we have for being out the next day is having a medical certificate to specify you were ill. Otherwise you're really in trouble apparently...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Raphael wrote:
    My school told us we had to be back after lunch. I wasn't.
    Too shmad.

Our school was pretty cool about the whole thing.The day before the results they let me into town at 12 with 2 mates to get tickets for an event coz I missed the first day they went on sale.They also didn't mind about people coming in late the next day (up to ~12 was grand).Anyone that was out the full daywas asked for a note and no more was said about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

We get the results at like 3pm in my school... and we have to spend the day doing the DATs beforehand.

Also we're going away camping for a bondage* trip the next day, so if anyone is late for school they don't get to go. Oh noes. Missing Glendalough. Tragedy.

I don't care particularly much either way about the results. I'll be disappointed I know, big deal. Don't have anything planned since everyone is going knackerdrinking, so it'll be a day of little deviation from the norm.

*bondage may actually refer to bonding

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Yah results. I can't wait. Erm... Deja-vu. Though tomorrow is _a_ results day in DCU, it's repeat results day which I thankfully have no part in. Anyway as much as you all love reading the pure tripe I randomly write...

Good luck - even though they're only a personal victory/other.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Glad i have that behind me. Or ahead of me...

Our school wouldn't let us leave until they'd gotten a photo of everyone. The people who weren't happy with their results got very annoyed at this. So were the people who were happy with their results. Stupid school.

Are any other schools giving the non-3rd years the rest of the day off?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

We don't get our results til 3 and some students will have to be in by 8 the next morning for some charity thing, the rest are in by 8:45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fortytwo

yup 4th and 5th years are off in my school regardless of wheter or not hey did the exams! thankfully its all behind me but good luck to y'all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Ah Junior Cert. Nah, it doesn't make any difference and such. And yes, I am a cynical A.

TY GLENDALOUGH BONDAGE TRIPS RULE! Seriously. Better than sex. Despite copius amounts of sex therein...

Shiney wrote:
    We don't get our results til 3...
    You should get your Junior Cert. Pin Number from your Year Head tomorrow and then use a computer in school to find out your results before 3 O'Clock. I don't think they'd be allowed to stop you. I think the results go on the net at around midday.

TY GLENDALOUGH BONDAGE TRIPS RULE! Seriously. Better than sex. Despite copius amounts of sex therein...
    God, I went on one of those and it was broing as hell. But we did get a day off school and to spend that day in a reletively beautiful area.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CONOR!!! f...

oh! i found out we get our results at 11! then we get the rest of the day off! which is quite good. though the school has decided to throw a "disco" from 8.30 to 10.30. late, i know. and we get to go in at 8.45 am the next morning. and i was fearing a day off of sorts. ah well. and to answer jack lynch my school is giving all the 4th and 5th years the rest of the day off after 11 whether or not they did the junior cert.

toodles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Just want to say to all the Junior Cert.s that I hope you get on well tomorrow and have fun tomorrow night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sugarplum_fairy

We get a speech from the principal at 12 to warn us not to get up to anything, then get our results, then we don't have to come in until 11 the next morning, to give us all a proper chance to recover from doing everything they warned us not to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

I have all of tomorrow off despite being in 5th year and [personally] having absolutely nothing to do with the Junior Cert Results. Life is good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

In for full day at 9.00, results at 1.00, then off at 1.15, as per usual.

anyone not in on thurs (without a doctors note) is suspended, apparently.

(Yeah, right...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

...I love that

"YOU'VE MISSED A DAY OF SCHOOL! AS PUNISHMENT, YOU MUST TAKE THE REST OF THE WEEK OFF!"

Yeah, and as one guy said today, it means more work hours for him, for which he gets paid. (Dad owns a shop.) Some incentive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Ah suspension, most un-thought-through punishment ever!

How very, very Irish...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

We go in at 9, get our results, then get shipped off to Louth to an adventure centre with maggots and something mysterious about scrambled eggs. We get suspended if we dont go. I hate my school so very very very passionately much, and I will kill Louth in its sleep.

And Conor, since when were you in 4th year?! O.o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Jean: Are you in Rebecca Gleeson's school by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Un-Big

I am in her very form. How knoweth you her?

Advertisement