Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J.C. Results!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Phfft, Junior Cert. Seems so long ago. i mean, this time last year I was getting results back. And now I'm...doing my L.C... Oh ****, I forgot that was this year... *bangs head*
    Am I the only one doing LC??? Congrats to all JC nerds (specially Niamh!!!! Well done sweetie!!! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

My results from the JC last year look soo bad compared to wats up here, congrats to all
    A lot of girls in my school are getting higher then what I got. I'm starting to feel completely stupid... Noooo! The whole CTYI "talented youth" thing is just not registering... My God, my ego is deflating rapidly, I can feel myself become redundant... So this is what a civilian* feels like...

*i.e All those who don't go to Nerd Camp...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

COCK wrote:
    woot first to post!

8 A's and 2 NG's, i should have definitely gone to cspe and religion exams ... oh well.

John sweetie, congrats! and you were worried abou them last night?! you silly billy! and honestly CSPE (or OSSp as we say in my school) and RE are two of the most pointless subjects ever!!
    Par example, they say that religion is a subject in which we can all voice our own opinions on what relgion should be. well one day we were discussing the whole "Heaven and Hell" fiasco and i merely stated that in my opinion if you don't believe in either of them or God you ain't got to worry about 'em. cos you know that they're complete bullsh*t
    (NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE'S BELIEFS!) and the teacher responded to my statement by throwing me out of class and refusing to let me attend class with him ever again. kinda severe don'tcha think??
    (btw i didn't call it bullsh*t in class!)
    so yeah, congratulations to all! there are a hell of a lot of good results there! Dearbhailm how did you dooooo?!
    just think Liz, this is us next year. *gulps*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

J Campion wrote:
    10 A's and a B (all higher)

I'm happy. :D

Congrats John! That's brilliant...Bobert would be proud :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What is with CSPE? Did no-one tell the examiners that it's there so no-one shall be without an A?
    The ****! In 2002 they started marking them harder cos they realised that nearly everyone in the country was getting an A. We all expected A's and were all really embarrassed when we got B's

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Oh, and well done everyone! You're doing CTYI proud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

Fishie wrote:
    Oh, and well done everyone! You're doing CTYI proud!!

the 'T' is for smart hence all the B's in CSPE!

T is not for smart! T is for TALENTED! Session 1 abu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

First, congrats to all on the excellent results. Nice one! :)
    does that apply to all UK colleges? even like art school and stuff??? if so... ****.

Well, for UK colleges, one thing is that you have to complete your personal statement which you complete on the ucas site. I'm not all too sure what they're looking for in this, but yeah, I guess you have to express your interest in whatever course(s) you're going for, why, personal achievements..my careers teacher said it may be a good idea to mention the SATS and the like, etc etc. Some sites are pretty handy with guidelines, but make sure it's personal. Whatever separates you from the rest of the applicants, to make them give you an interview or whatever? Yeah, I'm just working on this now so what I'm saying is partly guesswork. So if it's inaccurate, tell me or whatever!

Then the interview, which hopefully you'll get, and based on that you'll either get a conditional offer based on your Leaving Cert results, or else no offer. (In Oxford/Cambridge, if you dont get an offer into the college of your choice there, you will either get no offer, or a pool offer which means you're offered a place with the same conditions as the conditional offer mentioned...there is a place for you, but which college it is hasnt been designated).

I guess, with art, it's probably stating the obvious to mention that you should bring some of your pieces with you! ;)

Anyway, yeah, so I dont know if the Junior Cert results count all that much, but I suppose they do like decent results. *shrugs* Hope this was of some use! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

J Campion wrote:
    10 A's

And you got an A in English Mr. Campion

Sorry I'm such a pedant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

*i.e All those who don't go to Nerd Camp...
    I resent that remark, I am a dweeb with strong geek influences and dislike being confused with nerds!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yes. Damnit people, pluralisation NEVER takes an apostrophe.

Anyways, I got 8 As and 2 Bs, all higher save for CSPE.
    A - English, French, Maths, Geography, Science, Business Studies, Art, History
    B - Irish, CSPE

Freaking CSPE! One year in my school a bunch of girls almost got 10As, only all of them got Bs in CSPE.
    Although in fairness, I blame our action project. It was dire. Still, I stayed all of 45 minutes for that CSPE exam which is pretty generous.

Irish is fairly unsurprising. My Irish teacher is convinced that I'm great at Irish, but I fail horribly on Paper 1 due to my tendency to write pretentious stuff, somehow in Irish, while butchering grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

i know why Kev's leaving after this year.

he is a northsider so he needs to find some nice girl to knock up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Gasp! Kev's a northsider?!
    Well, I'm never talking to HIM again.*

*jest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

This is in retaliation for the whole emo thing isn't it, Mattewthebigemo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I got an A in CSPE! (two years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CONOR!!! f...

A's in metalwork(amazing. if it wasnt an A i get it rechecked. i fell asleep during that exam!!!) and CSPE.

B's in english, irish, maths, geography, history, business, science.

C's in religion and french.

so there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Yes. Damnit people, pluralisation NEVER takes an apostrophe.

And cool never takes a correcting other people's grammar.

Actually, apostrophes are optional for acronyms and suchlike (including single capital letters, such as exam results) although I personally dislike it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I got an A in CSPE a year ago! \o/ That said, my teacher basically did the action project for us...

I'm working on an article about Junior Cert. results celebrations. What did you all do? And the million dollar question: Did you get locked? I'm obviously not using names or direct refs or anything, just trying to get an idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

I got As in Irish, Maths, History, Science, French, Music and Technical Graphics.

Got Bs in CSPE, English and Geography.

Overall am very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Im absolutely delighted with my resultz:
    i did all higher level (except c.s.p.e,obviously) and i got 8 A's and 2 B's...and the first question nearly EVERYONE asked me was "What you get the B's in?" Twats :D

i got my A's in:English,Irish,C.S.P.E.,Geography,History,Science,French and(dont ask me how i did this) Business Studies.i absolutely loathed business.They must have marked that paper wrong....but i aint complaining!!!

My B's were in Maths and Home Ec..i didnt bother doing religion coz itz just more pointless study (plus i got 56% in my pre...datz barely a C...ahem!!!)
    Par example, they say that religion is a subject in which we can all voice our own opinions on what relgion should be. well one day we were discussing the whole "Heaven and Hell" fiasco and i merely stated that in my opinion if you don't believe in either of them or God you ain't got to worry about 'em. cos you know that they're complete bullsh*t
    (NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE'S BELIEFS!) and the teacher responded to my statement by throwing me out of class and refusing to let me attend class with him ever again. kinda severe don'tcha think??
    (btw i didn't call it bullsh*t in class!)

Christ...whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?even though i absolutely do believe in God,datz SO lousy on you mocha....you shoulda tried to get him fired...our religion teacher was a priest who yelled SHUT UP every 5 mins.....dat class was alwayz funny!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

cud sum1 PLEEZ explain 2 me wat CTYI is?....never heard of it..... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

you wouldn't have

cud sum1 PLEEZ explain 2 me wat CTYI is?....never heard of it..... :o

There's a sticky at the top of the forum called "What is CTYI"

i did all higher level (except c.s.p.e,obviously) and i got 8 A's and 2 B's...and the first question nearly EVERYONE asked me was "What you get the B's in?" Twats :D

Maybe they ask what you got the B's in because then you don't have to spiel off a list of 8, just 2? Makes it easier to understand how you did
    "you got a B there and there" therefore you got an A in everything else.

That's how i see it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

you wouldn't have
    was just about to say that, 'tis probably just some parrot who can regurgitate random facts on a page.

was just about to say that, 'tis probably just some parrot who can regurgitate random facts on a page.

she may be, but that's one seriously snobby statement there. Oozing arrogance. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

To PurpleFistMixer:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Self-reference: Every letter is a word

Large dictionaries list each letter as a single-letter word. Each such word is defined as a noun, denoting the letter with which it is spelled. This blurs the use-mention distinction: one can write
    "Psychology" starts with a "p".
    mentioning the letter p, or one can write
    "Psychology" starts with a p.
    using the word p.

These nouns often form the plural irregularly, with an apostrophe:

"Egg" has two g's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

i got my A's in:English,Irish,C.S.P.E.,Geography,History,Science,French and(dont ask me how i did this) Business Studies.i absolutely loathed business.They must have marked that paper wrong....but i aint complaining!!!

My B's were in Maths and Home Ec..i didnt bother doing religion coz itz just more pointless study (plus i got 56% in my pre...datz barely a C...ahem!!!)

Christ...whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?even though i absolutely do believe in God,datz SO lousy on you mocha....you shoulda tried to get him fired...our religion teacher was a priest who yelled SHUT UP every 5 mins.....dat class was alwayz funny!!! ;)
    *Offers high-5 to non-CTYIzen*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

John: Well done! That's super-dee duper!
    PFM: My text to you yesterday saying ''zOMG WELL DONE STEPH!!!!!111'' Didn't send due to my lack of credit so I say it now.

Fiodhna(my computer doesn't do fadas on Is): I know, I've started paying attention in class and actually doing homeowrk and stuff. :/

Advertisement