Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 1X22 - "The Greater Good" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 11-09-2005 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "THE GREATER GOOD" -

Episode Title: "The Greater Good"
    Airdate: September 12th 2005

Synopsis (from TV.Com) [edited]:

After another funeral, tempers rise as the survivors' suspicions of each other grow, and an unlikely survivor vows revenge. The events that landed Sayid on Flight 815 play out. Meanwhile, Kate struggles to keep Jack from acting on his rage. Claire and Charlie attempt to calm Claire's new baby.

Next New Episode: 1X23 - "Born To Run" - 19th September 2005

What did you think of "The Greater Good"? 34 votes

Excellent!
    0%
    Good
    11%
    ChongfjonJuliusFrancoRichard W 4 votes
    Average
    58%
    somasunbeamda_deadmanCactus ColSauronmaxpowerBasqjayokKevIRLfightin irishjoejoempillsaregoooodqzbravDadestvnutzEamonnKeaneSparkoBinkaSpider_Baby! 20 votes
    Poor
    29%
    gandalfManachpodge3matrimsoiafOFDMcashbackpbsuxok1znja4rbikokinda lost 10 votes
    Terrible!
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Average
    Had to seriously edit the TV.com synopsis which seems to be practically giving a description of the episode scene by scene! :mad:

Also found no point in a discussion thread for "The Journey". If anyone thinks for some reason that there should be one.. let me know here and i'll post one up ASAP. Never actually saw "The Journey" (**gasp**) but heard there was nothing of interest in it really!

Anyways.. quite a good episode. Nice mix of action, humour and drama. Sayid's backstory was interesting but not thrilling!

Will say more after the episode's aired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Average
    Good episode, Sayid's backstory was alright, nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Yeah I liked this episode. Thought it was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

is this a double episode yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

good episode

Locke is by far the most interesting character in the series, I enjoyed Said's back story aswell

I was dying for someone to slap Shannon in the face at some point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dfitzer

Poor Episode
    Revealed nothing
    The back story was interesting but the overall story was NOT developed at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Poor
    Disappointing episode plotwise, but enjoyable enjoy enough with the baby subplot and all. Locke seems pretty invincible at this stage. I thought tonights was supposed to be the last one? When is the last one on then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Poor
    It had the feel of a bit of a filler episode. Nothing outstanding, but not the worst either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poor
    OFDM wrote:
    It had the feel of a bit of a filler episode. Nothing outstanding, but not the worst either.

Yeah, nothing special. Bit disappointing actually after last weeks fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Average
    I thought it was fairly entertaining, nothing too shocking or surprising though.. Sayid's back story was good enough... also noticed his fundamentalist buddies were playing Half-Life....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Average
    Tonights episode was good. Locke's character is becoming more and more sinister with each episode. He has gone from being enlightened and wise and genuine to being alienated and deceptive. Why is he so intent on hiding his knowledge about the hatch from everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Average
    How terrible was The Journey? Apparantly that was Brian Cox doing the voiceover,the guy is a legend,but it sounded so terrible! :p

This ep was good, when Locke got shot,it looked like it hit his chest,but it grazed his head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Poor
    tvnutz wrote:
    How terrible was The Journey? Apparantly that was Brian Cox doing the voiceover,the guy is a legend,but it sounded so terrible! :p

This ep was good, when Locke got shot,it looked like it hit his chest,but it grazed his head...

Very Terrible! I was looking forward to a brand new episode to follow last weeks events when I noticed the recap was a little long! I know some of my friends who hadn't seen Lost from the start probably appreciated it but I wish RTE had told us they were gonna be showing it.

Anyway the new episode was OK but no revelations really. Looked a lot better in the RTE promotional ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

Binka wrote:
    Tonights episode was good. Locke's character is becoming more and more sinister with each episode. He has gone from being enlightened and wise and genuine to being alienated and deceptive. Why is he so intent on hiding his knowledge about the hatch from everyone?

... initially, it depends what's in the hatch and what kind of person you are. i myself would not tell anyone just in case it was terrible, instead laying the burden on myself. whereas some would come running, blabbing about what they had found like an obidient dog trying to get browny points. maybe you're interpretation of locke is backwards and it is in fact the other survivors tha are changing... or i could just like locke... you must look at the whole picture from every angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Locke said it himself - crazy people think they're getting saner. The man's convinced he's the only person who understands the Island, and maybe that's true, but one way or the other, his arrogance cost a life. A whiny, sister-obsessed pretty boy's life, but a life nonetheless.

Laying the burden on himself my ass. He just likes that he's the Island's chosen one, and if he shared his speshul secret with the others, they might try and inject some rational thought into the equation. Can't have that.

Still love Sawyer's glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

One thing about "The Journey" was that I saw Charlie throw (drop?) his heroin into the toilet, presumably to flush it out. I don't remember that happening first time round.

I thought last night's episode was really good. The scenes between Locke and Sayid played out well, partly thanks to some top notch dialogue, but also because they're two of the best actors in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Average
    I enjoyed last nights show (although 'The Journey' was a bit pointless and boring for those who have folloewed the series). There was some good humour in the ep., especially surrounding Claire's baby (btw I like Turnip-Head as a name for the kid). Sayid's backstory showed a bit more of his character and there were quite strong scenes between him and Locke.

Locke seems a bit lonely and isolated now, even Walt wouldn't talk to him. If it was "The Island" that took away the use of his legs which meant Boone climbed into the plane and got killed, is this a new test for Locke. Everyone is suspicious of him and he has lost a lot of trust among the survivors, especially since he has not been getting more boar for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Average
    The end should be interesting, 3 episodes to explain about a dozen storylines.

I noticed on The Journey that Shannon translates "Il les a tué" as "It killed them all." But this could also mean "He killed them all." - Ethan maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Poor
    I noticed on The Journey that Shannon translates "Il les a tué" as "It killed them all." But this could also mean "He killed them all." - Ethan maybe?
    A full (presumably accurate) translation of the French transmission from www.lostlinks.net:
    • Si qui que ce soit puisse entendre ceci, ils sont morts, je vais essayer d'aller jusqu'au rocher noir, veuillez nous aider
      If anybody can hear this, they are dead, I'll try to go to the Black Rock, Please help us.

• Veuillez nous aider
      Please help us.

• Il est dehors, il est dehors et Brandon a pris les clés, Veuillez nous aider, Ils sont morts, ils sont tous morts
      He (or it) is outside, he's (it's) outside, and Brandon took the keys, Please help us. They are dead. They are all dead.

• Il sont morts, veuillez nous aider
      They are all dead, help us...

• Il est dehors, veuillez nous aider, veuiller nous aider
      He's (it's) outside, please help us. PLEASE help us.

• Si qui que ce soit puisse entendre ceci, Je lui ai dit d'aller jusqu'au rocher noir.
      Veuillez nous aider, ils sont tous morts, il sont morts, il les a tués, il les a tués tous.
      Je lui ai dit d'aller jusqu'au rocher noir.

If anybody can hear this, I ask him (most probably not 'it') to go to the Black Rock.
      Please help us, they are all dead, they are dead.
      He (it) kill them, he (it) kill them all.
      I ask him (most probably not 'it') to go to the Black Rock.

Advertisement