Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daniel Puder Released

• 11-09-2005 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Another release. This really makes the last Tough Enough contest a complete farce!

Read about it here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Another release. This really makes the last Tough Enough contest a complete farce!

Read about it here.

Could you perhaps paste the article in next time instead of posting a link to a website that tries to install Adware on my P.C. please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

just you then. i did a scan for adware and spyware and it came up clean, 2 minutes after looking at the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Mossy Monk wrote:
    just you then. i did a scan for adware and spyware and it came up clean, 2 minutes after looking at the link

Well that could be good or bad couldn't it? My scanner picked something up so I'm just trying to warn anyone who might be tempted to click on the link that they might get a nasty surprise.

fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Anyway, thing I'll always remember bout Puder is when Angle called him into the ring for a match on the first week. Bell rings and Puder snaps on a keylock and Angle didnt know what to do. Eventually rolled him on his back with the submission still locked in and the ref just announced Angle the winner despite Puders shoulders remaining off the mat. I knew the guy would win it after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Brow wrote:
    Anyway, thing I'll always remember bout Puder is when Angle called him into the ring for a match on the first week. Bell rings and Puder snaps on a keylock and Angle didnt know what to do. Eventually rolled him on his back with the submission still locked in and the ref just announced Angle the winner despite Puders shoulders remaining off the mat. I knew the guy would win it after that.

It was a kimura or ude garami.. Keylock goes the opposite way. He held Kurt in what's called a half guard so Angle couldn't roll out from the submission and the ref counted him down. Puder is a legit fighter. He trained with former UFC champion Frank Shamrock.. I've seen his first MMA fight, he always goes for the kimura. I think it was instinct that he slapped it on Angle.

That ladies and gents was on of the very rare shoots in professional wrestling. If anyone wants to see his real MMA fight, I'll be more than glad to upload it.

please do

Uploading as we speak.

My mistake. I know for a fact Tazz called it a keylock but you seem to know what your talking about.

It's similar to a keylock, a keylock just goes the opposite way. It's no big deal, alot of people call it a keylock, more so wrestlers (not the pro kind). Tazz is a very good grappler btw in real life. He's got legit skills.

http://judoinfo.com/quiz0297_2.htm

That's the move btw. The very end picture is what more people refer to as a keylock. I'm still trying to upload this fight btw, yousendit keeps timing out on me - I'll try again later.

• Advertisement

Daniel Puder (mma fight): http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20FX606YQG5F929Q2XEGXDUHCA

There you go folks. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

So did the wwe really give him 1,000,000 dollars for winning that, just to never use him, or was that an angle?

I believe he only received something like 50'000 - 70'000. The contract was for 3 or 4 years I believe with the option to renew after a year,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

This makes the whole Tough Enough Show a shame, Puder didn't even win the Million Dollars he only got a 4 year contract with $4,000 dollars a week. In the contract he was guaranteed 1 year with the WWE after that it said they could let him go at any point, So winning a million big ones is a pure lie!

But they are happy to give a women with a bit of T&A $250,000 ?????????

After all the winners out of Tough Enough, Nitro on Smackdown with M&M is the only one left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

corpus wrote:
    After all the winners out of Tough Enough, Nitro on Smackdown with M&M is the only one left

And the only other contestant who is now getting work with WWE is Marty Wright, who not only did'nt win but was thrown out, go figure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

corpus wrote:

No he's not. Matt Capotelli is down in OVW as far as I know. He was meant to debut but got injured. Josh Matthews was also in the Tough Enough competition.

Apparently Puder is set to go into MMA fighting.

Also Boogie Man Marty Wright and that bloke who did the assault course with a torn muscle are on development deals. I know they didnt win but they benifitted from the competition.

Apparently Puder is set to go into MMA fighting.

Back into MMA ;)

I don't think he'll do that well. He's got decent grappling skills but his striking is pretty dismal. He'll probably headline one semi-major card from the exposure he got from WWE, lose and return to pro-wrestling. There isn't alot of money to be made in MMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

What ever happened to Christopher Nowinski "the guy from Harrard". I think he got injured and was workin behind the scenes at something afaik.

Also, can Josh Matthews wrestle or not? i remember he was in the ring a while back and was ok but why dont they have him wrestle more often even on Velocity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Stalfos wrote:
    What ever happened to Christopher Nowinski "the guy from Harrard". I think he got injured and was workin behind the scenes at something afaik.

Also, can Josh Matthews wrestle or not? i remember he was in the ring a while back and was ok but why dont they have him wrestle more often even on Velocity?

Nowinski got a bad concussion that he never really recovered from. He has spoken of having headaches on almost a daily basis due to the head injury he sustained. I think that his head has improved but a return to the ring is out of the question. The WWE has kept him on for backstage work though.

I don't think Josh Matthews can wrestle beyond the training he received from Al Snow in Tough Enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Stalfos wrote:

I remember when he was in tough enough same year as maven and and they kept sayin stuff like "he has the heart but not the size" but they were always impressed by his confidence and character n'all that so thats prob where he pulled the hosting job from.

Not a bad job in fairness, travel the worldand present a few shows, takin the occasional beatdown to put someone over! ha ha.

Also with someone sayin earlier in the thread that Nitro's the only TE wrestler left has Maven been released as well??

thankfully yes, Maven is gone

Advertisement