Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat results

Options
  • 11-09-2005 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

hey was just wondering if anyone knows when the repeat exam results are due out? if anyone could help i'd appreciate it! thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I wish I knew, I'm waiting for mine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

my fellow class mates said the 2nd or 3rd day back, so the 21st/22nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

thanks alot you were a great help!

Right, on the subject of repeat exam results.

I passed all my exams except one, got a GPA of 2.6, but still failed one subject.
    Then took the repeat exam and I think i failed that too.

My question is: What options do I have if i did fail it?

I heard I can just repeat the second semester of that subject again this year, is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

rb_ie wrote:

I passed all my exams except one, got a GPA of 2.6, but still failed one subject.

I heard I can just repeat the second semester of that subject again this year, is that true?

Get in touch witht Tommy Kenny, the education officer in the SU. He'll know what your options are.

He's on 01-4042554 / 087-2863034 / education@ittsu.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

rb_ie wrote:

well this fella on my course last year he was only repeating two subjects but i dont know if he was continuing with his course or he was just taking it to the continue with us next year! you would probably be better to contact the education officer or ring the college and ask if there was anyone from your course that could help you with some enquiries about going on.

Rang the college today, repeat results out on Monday apparently.

Got my result - a C so I'm now out of ITT at the end of this year :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You're leaving college with a cert? You do know you'd need a good grade to transfer out to somewhere else.

Giblet wrote:
    You're leaving college with a cert? You do know you'd need a good grade to transfer out to somewhere else.

Yeah I know, gotta put a whole lot of work in to get my GPA from 2.75 to 3.5 or thereabouts, then I'll hopefully transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

rb_ie wrote:
    Yeah I know, gotta put a whole lot of work in to get my GPA from 2.75 to 3.5 or thereabouts, then I'll hopefully transfer.

Why are you transfering?

Because I hate the place and everything about it.

Thats pretty gay. I'd say theres a lot of knackers there...eww I'd hate that, I actually pity u. Unless u are a knacker like and you're among friends

Thats pretty gay. I'd say theres a lot of knackers there...eww I'd hate that, I actually pity u. Unless u are a knacker like and you're among friends

Nope, complete opposite of a knacker. There are quite alot (I'd say 80%) of knackers up there but there are still a few cool people.
    Anyway, only this semester and next semester left :D

I failed my repeats, so it looks like i'll be 4 years in UCD! Not complaining tho!

I failed my repeats, so it looks like i'll be 4 years in UCD! Not complaining tho!
    why can't we all be so lucky.

You could like go as a mature student or summin. I think You've to be 23, (I'm like assuming you're not)

You could like go as a mature student or summin. I think You've to be 23, (I'm like assuming you're not)

Em, go where? and no, I'm 19.
    I'll transfer out when I've completed my cert, then I'll hopefully get my degree and have the extra qualification of a cert on top of it.

Thats a pretty good plan

80% knackers? I don't think so, you'd be hard pushed to find any scumbags in the college really and they'd be weeded out eventually. Sure I was on a Nightlink back to UCD recently and a few students going there were scumbags, I think one of them said they were from Blackrock too. It's up to you to get the grades you need, the college is fine, nothing wrong with it. It's not a large University, but it's definatly one of the better IT's. The course there have a lot of respect. 4 years of computing in Tallaght will get you far, you even get some extra certifications like CISCO thrown in for good measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Idiots!
    With a GPA of 2.6 you have a lot of work to do to get a decent cert. The average student goes down in second year or gets around the same.
    "Id say there is a lot of knackers there"
    Based on what?
    "80%" ??? your a complete moron

Jk_Eire wrote:
    Idiots!
    With a GPA of 2.6 you have a lot of work to do to get a decent cert. The average student goes down in second year or gets around the same.
    "Id say there is a lot of knackers there"
    Based on what?
    "80%" ??? your a complete moron

I think you mean "You're a complete moron".

I guess you win the argument rb_ie.

I was having a discussion with a few students and not one of them thought there were any scumbags prevalent in the college. I think you're imagining it because you don't like the college. All colleges are what you make of them. I wouldn't transfer to DCU and I'll probably be getting a 4.0 this year.

Well I know other students who share the same view as me, so I guess it just comes down to the individual and what their perspective of what a "scumbag/knacker" is.
    Maybe, as I don't like the college, all I see is the bad in it?

Maybe, but if you're judging scumbags on clothes rather than attitudes then you may be seeing more scumbags than there actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

along as you get the point.
    Well tell us what scumbags in IT-tallaght are like?
    Ive been in the college almost 4 years and have never seen any junkies hanging around. Never been asked what I was looking at , never been "started" on. In fact ive never experienced any kind of aggressive in college or at college socials at that. All traits id associate with scumbags!
    Maybe your assuming anybody with a particular dublin accent and lives around Tallaght is simply a scumbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Try 6 years to finish a 4 year degree...

Try 7.

Advertisement